The FastDay Forum

General 5:2 and Fasting Chat

445 posts Page 5 of 30
Previous 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 30 Next
Hi everyone, especially @MaryAnn

I am certainly one person who has mentioned wanting to get non-fast days eating under control.

I have been thinking about what I should actually make my solstice challenge around this issue. My wish is to do 6:1 on a regular basis, with 16:8 as my usual daily pattern, and to eat mindfully at all times. Unfortunately I think that is a bit unrealistic. But if I say "eat mindfully most the time" I fear that gives me too much license. (I do seem to be a bit of an all or nothing person, and need to find strategies that help me do things in moderation.)

But at this stage I will leave my solstice challenge as my wish as expressed above and see how I go. Maybe having to report my behavior to this forum on a weekly basis will help! (And weight wise, I just want to maintain.)
OK, I'm in!
I haven't taken part in the challenges before, preferring to just let things happen at their own pace, but it's time now to commit!
I'm currently 10 stone 10 pounds, but I think some of that is due to a bad day of carb and salt yesterday, so the target is 10 stone 2 pounds.
I can do the fast days without a problem, but it all goes wrong on non-fast days. I don't want to get into calorie counting, just to get back into the old mindset when non-fast days weren't a problem!
Good luck to everyone! :clover:
Yes please count me in!

Just starting 5:2 today, so this challenge is perfect timing.

Current Weight 10st 2lbs
Goal Weight 9st 9lbs
Current Waist 36"
Goal Waist 34"

I have made this an interim goal on my Tracker

I am hoping that with your encouragement I will achieve these goals - with maybe a few hiccups on the way??
Hi @PennyForthem. I want to join the challenge. I hope to lose 5 pounds by June 21. Thanks for setting this up
Hmm, bit peeved that I haven't bean added to the list. Thought I was actually going to have a low number seeing as I was first to set my goal :frown:

Bean :starving: :starving:
Please can I join too ? I did 52 about a year ago, reached my 60kg target and stopped. Now a year on I have gained 4kg without trying to diet or anything, so not too bad I suppose. So I'm doing my first new fast today ! Start weight 64 kg, target 61kg. I need egging on by you guys please !
My fault beanie. I thought I'd start the new thread, but it's all got a bit muddled. You're added now at #19.
Hope I've captured everyone now x
Hello Penny please add me as well :grin:
Starting weight 12stone 12 lbs 2oz
Target weight 12 stone 5 lbs by 21st June.
Isis wrote: Hello Penny please add me as well :grin:
Starting weight 12stone 12 lbs 2oz
Target weight 12 stone 5 lbs by 21st June.

# 24 @isis
hi Penny,

I'm bouncing between 141-144 lbs. and would like to be solidly in the 130's. My goal is five lbs. I'm in.
Thanks @PennyForthem , I am number 23 and it matches today, St George's Day! Maybe I shall make it to 55k now! I was 55.8k this morning and quite a happy bunny. :victory:
nursebean wrote: Hmm, bit peeved that I haven't bean added to the list. Thought I was actually going to have a low number seeing as I was first to set my goal :frown:

Hey Beanie! It's ever so tricky setting this up and going through all the names.....I know when I did the Valentine's Challenge I has sleepless nights thinking I might have left someone out! @PennyForthem didn't mean to ! Hope you're not frowning now @nursebean ????? We love ya! :victory:
Thanks to 5:2 I am the lowest weight and smallest UK clothing size since my early teens Easter challenge saw my goal of 5lb loss and then found 3lb whilst away for the weekend :frown: To be realistic and fair to myself as we will be away again from 24-31 May,my challenge is/will be to maintain a weight of 61.5 -63.0k (9st 10lb - 9st 13 lb) And to remain a size 8-10 :grin:
Auriga wrote:
nursebean wrote: Hmm, bit peeved that I haven't bean added to the list. Thought I was actually going to have a low number seeing as I was first to set my goal :frown:

Hey Beanie! It's ever so tricky setting this up and going through all the names.....I know when I did the Valentine's Challenge I has sleepless nights thinking I might have left someone out! @PennyForthem didn't mean to ! Hope you're not frowning now @nursebean ????? We love ya! :victory:

yes, thanks @auriga, especially when folk registered on the first one, which made it difficult to tag when I was in a corner of a field in a caravan with a tablet. That was my mistake!
I have now written all names in a notebook and check that I have everybody.
@nursebean I will pass the baton to you to undertake the next challenge!!!
I'm not sure what I weigh at the moment, as I have had over a week of celebratory eating after a couple of weeks of trying to maintain at my Easter target level.

However, regardless of what I am now, I'll aim for 10 stone 7 lbs by the Summer Solstice.
Previous 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 30 Next
445 posts Page 5 of 30