The FastDay Forum

Group Challenges

895 posts Page 46 of 60
Previous 1 ... 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49 ... 60 Next
#11 here.

I just completed my week of weighing so that I could get a Libra average weight.

I'm up 2 lbs from my lowest weight. And this is with fasting on my usual schedule, no fasts missed in two months.

So no way am I getting to my goal on this challenge. Just getting to where I was when the challenge started unlikely.

All of which gives me huge respect for the idea of a weight setpoint. Every time I have hit 137 lbs I have bounced back into the 140s. This is the third time. So there probably is something to the idea that these setpoints exist.

I'll keep fasting, though I'm skipping a fast day this week for Thanksgiving. This is only the 2nd fast I will have missed in 9 full months of fasting.
peebles wrote: #11 here.

I just completed my week of weighing so that I could get a Libra average weight.

I'm up 2 lbs from my lowest weight. And this is with fasting on my usual schedule, no fasts missed in two months.

So no way am I getting to my goal on this challenge. Just getting to where I was when the challenge started unlikely.

All of which gives me huge respect for the idea of a weight setpoint. Every time I have hit 137 lbs I have bounced back into the 140s. This is the third time. So there probably is something to the idea that these setpoints exist.

I'll keep fasting, though I'm skipping a fast day this week for Thanksgiving. This is only the 2nd fast I will have missed in 9 full months of fasting.

@PeeblesWhat are your best references if i want to read about Weight setpoints. There has been threads in the past about it in this forum and i guess i can do a search but are there any good external links worth reading. I may have reached one some months back as my graph looks terrible despite really cutting food consumption
For various reasons I have not posted updates in a while...

I did see the 3kg loss I hoped for recently, tho only briefly. But I do feel that I have shed some of the excess fat I was concerned about and given my relatively low BMI, I think I should stop "worrying". Also given I can have a 1kg or more difference in my weight from one day to the next, fussing about small changes doesn't make sense.

Re my other challenge... On some nights I am able to stop eating after 8.30pm, but not in general. Though I do believe that eating in the evenings is not the best thing to do, I enjoy it. And, again, given my BMI, my %body fat, and the fact that all the tests the doctor did (to find out if there were other reasons for my loss of weight than diet) came back showing I am very healthy, then I think I can get away with some evening eating providing I eat reasonably mindfully.
No 37 here

I am giving up. I weight yesterday knowing full well it would be bad but still shocked at the result. I am now heavier than when I started the challenge and it takes everything to stop piling on weight.

As stated before the consultant is carrying out test and experimenting with the medication for my arthritis. It is leaving me going up and down not just a few 100grams daily but kilos. One day I weight I might be 114... ( which I believe it should be) then the next day or on the day that I should be weighing myself it's well above 116....

So it's time to quit and concentrate on not adding more weight i.e. maintaining until my arthritis and medication is settled again.

Good luck to everyone :clover: , I really wish you well and hope you achieve your goals :like: .
#102 checking in...

123.2kg last week, 122.6 this week... Giving me a 0.6kg loss. With a total of 6.4kg loss, only 1.6kgs left to go! I finally reached past 70000 steps a week, with each day over my 10000 goal. Just need to keep it up now!
Alexandra wrote: No 37 here

I am giving up. I weight yesterday knowing full well it would be bad but still shocked at the result. I am now heavier than when I started the challenge and it takes everything to stop piling on weight.

As stated before the consultant is carrying out test and experimenting with the medication for my arthritis. It is leaving me going up and down not just a few 100grams daily but kilos. One day I weight I might be 114... ( which I believe it should be) then the next day or on the day that I should be weighing myself it's well above 116....

So it's time to quit and concentrate on not adding more weight i.e. maintaining until my arthritis and medication is settled again.

Good luck to everyone :clover: , I really wish you well and hope you achieve your goals :like: .

Respect your decision @Alexandraand as you say, concentrate on maintenance till all arthritis and medication is under control. Good effort during the 6 weeks . Stay positive and please join the next challenge on the forum.
Big gain for me after 5 days away of eating and drinking a lot and no fasting. I'm also heavier than when I started the challenge. Am hoping to get a decent loss with 4:3 this week :confused:
#96 here
I missed one week due to holiday, then spent the next week un-doing the holiday gains.
I only go by my Saturday AM reading. So as of Saturday 22nd I have achieved my challenge goal of 12.5KG loss.

I still want to lose another 5KG to reach my goal for the end of the year. I am now at the point where tracking weight is a poor way to measure progress going forward though, I am doing a lot more weight training now (though with a large calorie deficit still, I'm not sure how the following statements can both be true)-
weight is dropping really slowly now (was near 2kg/week, now more like 0.8kg/week)
body fat is still dropping at an appreciable rate (as accurately as bioelectric impedance can be relied on, at least)
clothing continues to get looser / drop a size
Member 26 - 107.6lbs which is within my maintenance range of 105-110lbs so it's OK tho' my trend is higher than I like.

Still not stepping up to my sub-challenge of the One Moment Meditation.
No 17 reporting at the end of week 8
Weight: on 24/11/14 123 lbs, down 1lb, 1 lb over target
Wheat-free: Yes, grain-free yes, and added sugar, just the homeopathic amounts the seem to have to put in dressings.

At least one week in the right direction. You can't take your eye off the ball for one minute, alas!
Number 95 checking in here. Didn't do my Friday fast and only did light eating on Monday (probably less than 1000 cals) and was just healthily eating and dropped 3/4lb on last week, bringing me to 9st 6.25. So only 4oz drop over all but hey I wasn't fasting so that's a bonus. Not enjoying the way fasting makes me feel at the mo, get so tired, grumpy and don't feel well, so might just stick with healthy eating every day as I am finding that it is helping me not scoff too much as my energy levels are more even. If I lose, I lose, if not, I can live with that. Not gonna reach target anyway unless I het norovirus, and I just want to focus on how I am feeling not the scales. Will still post updates, but prob won't lose!
mas54321 wrote: #96 here
I missed one week due to holiday, then spent the next week un-doing the holiday gains.
I only go by my Saturday AM reading. So as of Saturday 22nd I have achieved my challenge goal of 12.5KG loss.

Congratulations @mas54321.. you are 2nd to meet their Christmas challenge goal. :like: :like: :like:
Good job
Just popping on to say I'm still here but having a major marriage crisis, so my weight is all over the place.
Saw a new low last week but I was struggling to eat at all, then over the weekend I went to stay with my sister and put lots on, chickened out of Monday's fast and Tuesdays weigh in but managed to get through Wednesday's fast despite nearly going for a Chinese.
Weighed in this morning to try and draw a line under it all. For now my exercises goals are out the window I'm managing the odd class but that's it.
I am officially under my original Christmas goal at 84.7 kg. I'm going to try and reach my second goal but am taking it one day at a time and being kind to myself if I need it. I won't let him derail me (to be fair he is being very supportive with my eating) it's just my emotions are all over the place
Well hello all! #9 slinking in after a hefty absence......

Haven't updated since early October. Fell off the wagon big time and now weigh 5lbs more than when I started the Christmas challenge.

Just seen my one year Fastiversary pass, so posted a thread all about it. Have fasted twice this week, but been pretty hopeless the rest of the week....

Am trying to get back into the swing of 5:2......so need to ensure I start visiting the forum much more often and supply a weekly weigh in figure for my tracker. Yep, it's all about accountability, folks!!!

Big shout out to you all! However you are doing........at least you're trying, so bravo you!! Xx

:rainbow: :rainbow: :rainbow:
@Hazelnut I am sure you'll get back into it don't be so hard on yourself we all have RL stuff going on to derail us.

No 5 here and I have been properly ill this week and it's resulted in a 3.5lb loss. Hopefully I won't put it all back on next week :wink: Since starting the challenge that's a 5lb loss.

Also have passed my interim goal of 13.5 stone which means I have now lost 4 stone overall :victory:
Previous 1 ... 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49 ... 60 Next
895 posts Page 46 of 60