The FastDay Forum

General 5:2 and Fasting Chat

244 posts Page 11 of 17
Previous 1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14 ... 17 Next
Re: March Equinox Challenge
21 Feb 2015, 22:25
Oh dear, the scales haven't been kind to me again this week, I stayed the same at 11st 7lb....however my work trousers definitely don't feel as neat as the used to!
22 Feb 2015, 21:42
#8 I'm 109.0lbs which is at the high end of my preferred maintenance range of 105-110lbs and therefore it behoves me to feel wary rather than :cool:

It's in my range but I mentioned last time that I have an upwards trend that bears watching tho' this has happened to me before - and I may have a fair amount of inflammation round my joints at present.
23 Feb 2015, 07:32
wildmissus wrote: Oh dear, the scales haven't been kind to me again this week, I stayed the same at 11st 7lb....however my work trousers definitely don't feel as neat as the used to!

The scales may not have been kind, but you should be kind to yourself because you've been having a tough time and have stayed the same, rather than putting weight on. So well done! :like:

I'm trying to improve my health/fitness so have started to walk more, but find it very hard to do in bad weather. The one time I would rather live in a town!
23 Feb 2015, 17:20
Not weighing until March 1st, so I'll have an update then. Trying to only weigh every 2 weeks or so.

Hope everyone is doing well!
24 Feb 2015, 08:38
#12 checking in :smile:

I have put on 0.2 pounds this week and I am pretty much on my knees thanking the gods of 5:2 as I felt like I had eaten enough to keep a small army battalion going last week thanks to the 50th birthday celebrations in our house. and was expecting at least 2-3 pounds.

So that puts me at 9st 7 and very determined to see that go down over the next week.

Good luck everyone :clover:
24 Feb 2015, 09:31
I'm looking back at all the little steps forward and one giant leap in the opposite direction last week: 2 days working away from the office, Pancake Day (how could anyone miss out on Pancake day!) and a great weekend away with friends - and a 2lb weight gain.

I haven't even got back to the weight I achieved at the end of the Xmas Challenge - and I've 11 days of holiday coming right up, so I'll be back in time to record the ghastly result but not to do anything much about it before the end of the Challenge.

Fasting today - and hoping for a miracle!
24 Feb 2015, 22:35
@MaryAnn feeling guilty. my Libra trend has stayed just above goal in the last week or so so can you take me off being red. Hope to return the red in the next couple of weeks.

Everytime Isee the post number 1 feel i shouldnt get the cudos of getting to goal.. Did get to goal temporarily. Abdomenal weight issue at moment. cant swing it though not eating badly.
25 Feb 2015, 00:05
Got it.

I was feeling good about how I had eaten on my work trip, and how I had fasted a few days and all. I was sure I wouldn't have gained weight, or at least not much. But I was a shocking 65.5 this morning :-( Well, I hope it comes off fast.
25 Feb 2015, 03:57
fast day and weighed in at 72.3 kg today which is good for me at the moment and within challenge range but Libra showing 72.9 so will need to se a few more under 72.5 to be be back at goal this week.

Feeling hopeful.
27 Feb 2015, 07:44
#30 At last a loss of 2lb, after no loss for three weeks. That makes makes me still with 5lb to lose for the challenge :confused: a tall order.
27 Feb 2015, 15:26
Another blinking pound up. Not sure what is going on though. Think my body is rebelling.
28 Feb 2015, 09:10
#8 I'm 107.0lbs which is in the mid-zone of my preferred maintenance range of 105-110lbs and therefore better than it has been recently. :cool:

I had a horrible run of nearly 2 weeks in which I was near the top of my range for no obviously good reason (I wasn't eating more). However, it may well have been inflammation which is now clearing a little and thus the weight is shifting down. I'll need to watch what happens over the next few days.
28 Feb 2015, 10:17
wildmissus wrote: Oh dear, the scales haven't been kind to me again this week, I stayed the same at 11st 7lb....however my work trousers definitely don't feel as neat as the used to!

Don't worry wildmissus your weight will start moving again!
I stayed the same , then went up & now have a loss of 1lb 4oz this week & I have been doing a lot of knitting so no extra exercise. My body weight seems to operate independently of my actions so I hope Amanda Sainsbury-Salis will help to enlighten me :lol:
It's grey rainy & yuck in Sussex today but we are going out to lunch & then home to watch the rugby :grin:
28 Feb 2015, 10:56
I don't seem to be doing very well at the moment. My body seems to want to stay at 8st 12lbs which isn't the end of the world but I definitely felt lighter and fitter at 8st 7lbs. However it seems I have to eat very little to stay at that weight even with all the exercise I do so we'll see. It will probably be easier in the summer. I'll keep trying to meet the March 21st challenge but I won't beat myself up if I don't.
28 Feb 2015, 15:35
I'm so glad I read everyone's most recent posts as a few of you are having difficulties. I've had a disaster this week. I decided I'd stop weighing myself daily and I'd have a go at eating windows instead as I was having a bit of trouble sticking to my fast days. Well, I've only gone and gained 4lbs in one week so up to 11st 11lbs! Guess what... I'm back to daily weighing and 4:3!

Just read my post again - I'm not really 'eating windows' :lol: .
Previous 1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14 ... 17 Next
244 posts Page 11 of 17