The FastDay Forum

Progress Diaries & Journals

Please just one thread per member here, which you can keep updated with your progress!
If you want to celebrate reaching a goal, or commiserate over a less productive week please use the 'Delighted or Disappointed?' forum instead.

182 posts Page 11 of 13
Previous 1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13 Next
Re: Auriga's progress.
09 Mar 2014, 22:27
Nor do I bean, but given that we are going to a tropical island it would be nice (sigh).
@Auriga, you are an inspiration and I see I have to go back to basics (I hate that hypocritical political phrase!!) in order to get where I want to be. I am in the place you were, 5'2", was 67kg, then dammit, so should I be able to!

Any top tips? E.g. no refined carbs, not stuffing yourself with chocolate every night? :wink:
10 Mar 2014, 10:55
You've got it in one @Debs! No refined carbs, but I sometimes allow myself a couple of squares of 90% chocolate!! My hubby calls me the Food Police now. I eat a lot of veg and salad on fast days...quite vegetarian really (you get more for your 500 calorie allowance that way in bulk)...I read FatDogs thread and I have bought a few gluten free recipe books too. I am a carnivore the rest of the time, I love chicken.
10 Mar 2014, 10:58
nursebean wrote: Hmm not sure I like the idea of a swimsuit challenge :shock: :shock:

Bean :shock: :shock: :confused: :bugeyes:

I am thinking it might be a step too far....maybe..... :cool: I am up for it though, as they say!!! :island: I am not sure it would be that popular though @nursebean.
10 Mar 2014, 21:52
Wow Auriga, very chic.
I have had a disasterous long weekend. Back to my low carb, mainly veggie lifestyle tomorrow, but hey ho for the flexibility of this woe.
11 Mar 2014, 10:10
PennyForthem wrote: Wow Auriga, very chic.
I have had a disasterous long weekend. Back to my low carb, mainly veggie lifestyle tomorrow, but hey ho for the flexibility of this woe.

Thank you @PennyForthem....I am heading for a disastrous weekend too this weekend, as some friends are going to stay for four days! It will be great to see them but they eat for England........they haven't seen us for six months so it might, just might, jog them into this WOE. :grin: I anticipate that I won't be losing weight this week or next.....drat it and SO close too to my Easter target.
14 Mar 2014, 09:28
ADF for a week and I put on 400g! WHAT is going on here????? Oh well, back to the 4:3 tent as soon as possible for me.

Take care folks and have a lovely weekend whoever is reading this. :heart: I shall be eating and making merry with my friends for a few days....oh heck! :bugeyes:
14 Mar 2014, 09:44
What about trying ADF for a month @Auriga? Then you'll see a much different story, I'm sure :wink:

Bean :starving: :heart:
14 Mar 2014, 13:11
I know this works for you Beanie, but I have my OH to consider and he's not too keen on ADF so it looks like we're back to 4:3 when our friends have gone home next week. I might sneak an extra day here and there though...I am sneaky as well as stubborn!
Sunday is one of our fast days and he almost cries because he misses my roast potatoes......well, that's what made him fat in the first place, my cooking! I am being really strict with him otherwise he'll go to pieces and I don't want that!
He likes to sneak in the old beer here and there......and my downfall is wine and cheese.....yummy!
Have a great weekend @nursebean. :victory:
14 Mar 2014, 13:56
Yes, sorry @Auriga I forget about peeps' other halves!! :oops: I guess I have it easy really don't I. You're doing so well without Bean poking her nose in :grin:

By the way, my hair dye didn't arrive which means yet another day of having this WEIRD colour :shock:

Fingers crossed it arrives tomorrow.

Have a great weekend yourself. Bye for now

Bean :starving:
14 Mar 2014, 14:53
Sorry your dye hasnt arrived Beany @nursebean
Hope it arrives tomorrow..
Postman postman don't be slow
Be like Elvis go man go! :lol: x
Ps sorry@Auriga for butting in...thought i was in the chatterbox tent :confused:
I'm such a mixed up old Moomin x
14 Mar 2014, 15:09
Ha ha ha hee hee hee oh Candy that did tickle me! :grin: :grin:
image.jpg
(15.84 KiB) Downloaded 95 times
19 Mar 2014, 10:06
A few days with friends and the weight piles back on at a rate of knots. This is a warning to be careful when I reach maintenance and I was getting so very close to my target and now it's in the distance again.....oh well....back to being good. :bugeyes: It would be so easy to slip into the old ways that got me here in the first place. I have to admit to being a bit of a diet bore with my friends, but they are going to give it a go now too. :victory:
19 Mar 2014, 18:16
Hey @Auriga, but you're so close to target, I'm sure you will make it. But the friends, yes... Most friends are cake eating, beer drinking, fast food and candy bar friends... Where are the ultra running, low carb self growing veggie friends? At least you lured your friends into it!
19 Mar 2014, 19:28
Just caught up on your posts @Auriga. Congratulations you look great and I love the shoes by the way :) I am thinking that really I should be making an effort to lose some more weight. I am 5' nothing and currently 119lbs/54kg or thereabouts (after all that Aldi chocolate I am 120lbs temporarily). I am quite happy there but the last time I had a weight loss/fitness drive, when I hit 40, I was 115lbs/52.2kg. I looked quite good at that weight though I will always have wobbly baby belly, can't do anything about that. Now when I got married, 30 years ago, I weighed 110lbs/50kg. I think in order to get that low I would barely be able to eat so that's not on. I think I should allow myself to be swept along by your enthusiasm and see if I can drop a couple more pounds. Maybe we could make a mosaic picture of us all in swimsuits, we did something similar for our running forum. Though I hasten to say I am not technologically capable of doing it :confused:
20 Mar 2014, 10:12
Thank you @Loulou51 and @RunningOlsen. And that maybe a good idea Loulou51...the swimsuit montage thingy.....I don't have a clue about it either. I need to lose a bit more before I go public with a swimsuit mind you...still a bit lumpy. Moogie would know how to do that I am sure....am I mad? Yes! Are we mad? YES!
My weight has gone down to 56.1k today....phew was just water thank goodness! A bit of fat but not as bad as I thought.
I appreciate your replies....it made me happy. :victory:
Previous 1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13 Next
182 posts Page 11 of 13