The FastDay Forum

Progress Diaries & Journals

Please just one thread per member here, which you can keep updated with your progress!
If you want to celebrate reaching a goal, or commiserate over a less productive week please use the 'Delighted or Disappointed?' forum instead.

99 posts Page 5 of 7
Previous 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 Next
Well, I have gained weight again. So much so that I don't even really want to face up to it and put it in the tracker. I'm so disappointed in myself.

This was a very busy, social week for me. But, I tried to offset some of the social activities by skipping meals those days. And still tried not to go overboard at the actual meals. And I did fast on Wednesday. I didn't get as much exercise in as I have been, but I did get some and there was walking involved in some of the activities.

This week is less crazy and does not involve as much eating out. I am going to get 2 fasts in, get exercise in every day and track my calories. I will also try to make better choices when I go out to eat!

I know it will be easier when my summer vacation is over, but I really don't want to undo what I did this year, even though it wasn't even all that much!
@cblasz,poor you and it is disappointment that in spite of all your efforts to be controlled the weight went up. All I can say is hang on in there, knowing that you have limited your intake as best you could in the circumstances. That's being very aware! It is certainly hard once your normal work routine is changed, I know only too well, but give yourself another few days and settle your new holiday routines and you will start to see results. Rooting for you..... :heart: :clover:
Thanks so much! I think I am just one of those people that unfortunately needs to keep track of exactly what I'm putting in my mouth to lose weight!
Holidays and fasting are a difficult combination. However, if you just make sure to get back on track afterwards you will find that fasting does allow you to gain some weight during holidays, as you know you have the right strategy to compensate afterwards. Avoid 'weight gain stress', as that is not good for getting results as well. Holidays are supposed to be 'relaxing time', don't let a temporary dip in results spoil that!
@P-JK Thanks, the problem is that my "holidays" are 8 weeks! I'm a teacher and I'm off for the summer! I will actually only be going on one actual vacation for about 5 days in a couple of weeks. But, you are right I have to make sure the stress/depression from gaining weight doesn't throw me off even more.
@Cblasz, keep up the great work and efforts, chicken. I cannot see people's trackers anymore, but I believe that on average, you are on a downward spiral. I think weight loss tends to be a bit if a jagged tooth profile. Up one week, down the next. From my blog you can see that each increase really affects me mentally, but I am starting to realise it is all part of the journey we all go through. So, dont be so hard on yourself. You are on holidays and you need to treat yourself, both socially and in other ways.

Try to analyse what areas or times are your weaker points, food wise. Is it eating out, snacking at home, tv time etc.? Then come up with strategies to over come your bad habbits, one by one. It took me ages to realised I comfort eat and even longer to come up with ways of avoiding my usual trigger moments. It helped if I pictured the future healthier me- what would she do? It also helps if I avoid some things like the TV and buying crisps (potato chips).

I am sending you lots of cyber hugs and virtual will power! :heart: :heart: :heart:
Thanks so much Scuba! Since January, I'd only lost 10 pounds and now it's down to like 6 or something. I think part of my problem with this WOE is that I feel I can splurge too much, even if I haven't done 2 proper fasts! So, I have to work on that. I told myself today - only one day can I splurge, any other time I need to eat sensibly, even if I'm going out! I will get there eventually. It's just that I was finally below 170 and now I'm back up. But, hopefully if I work hard this week I can get back under it. I did have a couple of drinks last night, which I don't do often, so I'm sure that had an effect, but still!!
Have you ever weighed out 6lbs in butter? Its A LOT of butter to spread all over you body! Even a half pound is a lot. Go do it now and celebrate what you have done so far.

Splurging on eating days is a problem for me too. I like this WOE though, because the feast days dont feel like I am dieting. Otherwise I am back to the WW days of pointing, weighing and counting every bite. But I definately agree that its hard to get the balance right on feed days. I have to be deciplined to just eat one biscuit or a few fries- just enough to satisfy the craving and make me feel like I am not depriving myself. Its all too easy to have "just one more". If it wasnt I suppose I wouldnt be here.

I found that I had to spend about 4 weeks in the begining constantly watching what I ate though. After about 6 weeks I discovered that my junk appetite lessened a bit and I actually left fries behind me. This morning I dropped the kids to camp and decided to treat myself to an hour in a coffee shop. Guess what! I only had coffee. Thats unheard of for me! I just didnt want any cake or scones as I had had breakfast. Try a 4 to 6 week period of being stricter with yourself and see if it makes a difference. Would that take you to school time again? Also plan your treats on feed days. Its easier to say "I can have x today" instead of always saying no to yourself.
Seriously, you are trying to tell me that 6 pounds in 7 months is a lot?? You and I started at about the same weight and you have lost way more than me in that time. I have no problem losing weight slowly, but not going backwards. I appreciate your advice though. I'm going to just do the best that I can for the rest of the summer, although still enjoy myself and then come the school year it should get easier, when I'm on schedule and super busy.
2 fasts a week and be strict on those 2 days, that's my rule. I know I would put on weight if I dropped it back to one. Very disappointing. Hugs to you.
You might find this article helpful: Why am I not losing weight? https://www.fastday.com/fasting/why-am- ... t-fasting/
Thanks everyone. I know I'm not doing well because I am not doing what I'm supposed to do. I'm splurging too much and not fasting enough. I had a few crazy weeks. It should be better now for a bit and definitely once I'm back to work in late August and my regular routine.

It's just annoying that it's so easy to gain and so hard to lose!
It has been a while since I posted! As I posted before, I had the summer off and it was fun and busy. I exercised a lot more over the summer, but I didn't really fast and I ate out a lot. I was lacking my usual structure. Then things got really crazy the last 2 weeks as I was preparing for my regular job and the 2 college jobs I am teaching this semester and still trying to get the last bit of fun in. In the end, I gained back 8 lbs. of the measly 10 I had lost, basically in 8 weeks!

Once I got back to work though, that helped. I am a teacher, so I eat breakfast at home and bring lunch with me. There are not too many temptations. I work a lot so I don't go out during the week at all (well not socially, I go to a cafe to work on my college classes and sometimes get a salad there.) And a couple of weeks ago I started fasting again. I started with once a week and have done twice a week once now. My schedule keeps getting interfered with, but after this week I hope to be doing 2x a week regularly.

I have always insisted that I still needed to have breakfast when I fasted, but I decided to try skipping it and it's been going pretty well. I do bring something with me (a banana, yogurt) just in case I feel like I really need something during the day. Sometimes I've used it and other times, it just helped knowing it was there!

It really does amaze me how easy fasting can be (when you are busy!) It is so nice on those days not to have to worry about what I'm going to have for breakfast and lunch and it saves so much time!

Unfortunately, I have had very little time to exercise, although I am on my feet and moving around all day. I know it's not a crucial component, but I actually miss it. I'm working on trying to fit more in.

So, despite being very busy and tired all the time, I am back down about 3.5 lbs. and hoping to continue in that direction!
When you're busy, it helps a lot. Yay!
I was one of those people too, who thought I had to have breakfast, but I discovered when I tried it, that I could actually do without it, and now it is a regular part of fasting. Good work!
Previous 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 Next
99 posts Page 5 of 7