The FastDay Forum

Progress Diaries & Journals

Please just one thread per member here, which you can keep updated with your progress!
If you want to celebrate reaching a goal, or commiserate over a less productive week please use the 'Delighted or Disappointed?' forum instead.

171 posts Page 2 of 12
Previous 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 12 Next
Re: Just starting out
23 Oct 2013, 10:14
I lost 1lb week before last, but have had a hell of a week or two and didn't manage a proper fast last week. I ate loads last weekend and got weighed on Tuesday to find I was 4lb up since Saturday! I missed this Saturdays weigh in and fasted Sunday, ate better Monday and Tuesday and am fasting today.
My weight today was 1lb down on Saturday 12/10. Those extra 4lb plus 1 have gone yay! :grin:
I only have 1lb to get me to my target of 4 stone and a further 1lb to get me a BMI of 27!
I am over the moon at people telling me I look amazing :wink:
Back on this thing x
23 Oct 2013, 10:41
Sounds like you're doing really sell Karenm - well done. It's great to get the compliments isn't it :victory:
23 Oct 2013, 11:27
So well done Karen! X
19 May 2014, 08:58
Over the last 7 months of being AWOL I'd gained a stone and a half. I've already lost a little bit, but it's taken me 4 months and am only 4lb down so I've started eating healthy again and exercising every day.

I'm going to use this post to log my exercise, weight and cals
Fri - 12st 8lb & 600exercise cals & 1192cals eaten
Sat - 100exercise cals & 1132 cals eaten
Sun - 1100 exercise cals & 1620 cals eaten
Monday - 815 exercise cals & 473 cals eaten. (Dinner comes out at 1419 cals, I'm aiming for a third of it!)

I know all this exercise will adversely affect my weight loss, but it will also improve my shape again!

I know we aren't supposed to calorie count inbetween fast days, but I'm so out of sync with my eating, that I need to in order to get started again
Fingers crossed I have got this right again, I want to lose 7lb in 3 weeks to attend a family function! After that my target is a further 14lb in 16 weeks! :clover: :smile: :clover:
25 Jun 2014, 12:49
I seem to have lasted a bit longer this time than I did in May and have been logging cals on MFP since last Tuesday - my first fast back. I think part of my issue last month was that I went at it with such gusto, I exercised a bit too much, a bit too quickly. This time I'm going to take it much slower. I have given a target weight of 14lb off by September in the springing into fall challenge. I was hoping it would motivate me, but had a huge carb wobble yesterday and scoffed 1966 cals, 750 of which were a humongous packet of kettle crisps! My TDEE is in The 1600s :frown: fingers crossed it hasn't knocked me too far off and I still lose a lb on Friday :clover:
I didn't get weighed at Boots until Friday and I was at 12st5lb. I will continue to weigh in at boots each Friday.
I am comfort eating and although I know it, I am still doing it! I have lots going on, but always will have and need to figure out some more appropriate coping strategies
Here's to still being here at the end of this fall challenge xxx
My target for this week is to be kinder to me! I am not failing, I'm having a blip or two!
25 Jun 2014, 13:31
:shock: @Karenm You are such a naughty girl
shame on you all those extra calories on c**p food
I bet a 2 egg omelette would have come I less cals wise and been both healthier and more filling.
The moral of the story is the munchies monster is always waiting in the wings ready to pounce and ruin us on any day of the week albeit fast or feed.
Forgive yourself now and if you must munch make a better choice next time we all get those days & cravings

Says she who's close to wanting/needing chocolate!!!
But I'm remembering I've just done back2back and feeling very good with that low carb "high" do I really want to make those 2 days a waste of time
and hard work == NO

Good luck and take care because with all you have on this minute you do need a little ME time for yourself :heart:
But please leave your new friend Kettle behind and let the hubby munch on them preferably out of your sight. :lol:
25 Jun 2014, 14:46
Hi @sue.q
I could use the excuse that we were away in Cyril last night, BUT I bought the kettle crisps - a packet each - as we both like different flavours :-/
Next week I will buy some eggs and have scrambled eggs when the munchie monster hits.
I think I'm just cross as hubby said he'd do this as well, but is being extremely half ar*ed about it. I will try and concentrate just on myself and my weight!
I am 14lb heavier than when I hit my target last year and I'm hoping this challenge will kiss that goodbye!
My weightloss didn't really help my pain and resulted in surgery as they couldn't blame it on my weight :-/
I'm struggling with knowing what to eat, people have been saying fruit is no good, so I panic and eat cr@p. I have been munching on strawbs in the garden today. (Though had a bacon and sausage buttie for brekkie before coming home and reading about gluten on here)
I have pork loin chops, lettuce and celery for tea. What do I have instead of bread? :?:
25 Jun 2014, 15:13
Mmmm Good question @Karenm As I said over in the other area re: osteoarthritis.
I dropped bread in favour of a plated salad which I kept up most days all throughout the winter.
I've replaced potatoes with celeriac + turnip mash
Because both are lower in carbs and as they are the cause if water retention ( my biggest problem)
Well the difference is truly amazing so much so that I'll never go back, I may stray for a while especially on hols
The secret is finding what triggers your problems
not easy at all I know,
FatDog has great low carb bread and linseed cracker recipes they maybe worth a try instead of bread.
26 Jun 2014, 00:44
@Sue.Q i love turnip..or swede.. I always get mixed up with which is which?
Anyway,the bigger harder of the two is a pain coz its difficult to peel and chop up..
But the one good thing from Slimmers World ( apart from the time i won the raffle!) was i learnt to put a whole swede/ turnip in the microwave...cant remember how long for..but put in micro and pluck a number out of the air,a low number..micro the turnip/ swede for that number of minutes and voila you have a cooked turnip/ swede you can just scoop all the innards out of..delicious.i love carrot and turnip / swede mashed together..yummy..but i guess carborific being a lot of root veg?
@karenm i have similar food struggles to you but nowhere near as much to deal with as you have in yr life,so don't be too hard on yrself x
Its difficult coz we know losing weight will make life easier/ happier..but we need that crutch of our comfort foods..but the good thing about IF is we CAN include the comfort stuff just not too much of it x
Sorry thus is long Sue n Karen and thanks for sticking with me down to the bottom! :lol: xx
image.jpg
A big medal for you both for reading all the above x
image.jpg (5.17 KiB) Viewed 418 times
26 Jun 2014, 18:00
Today I've been fasting. I was looking forward to it and have to admit to really enjoying dinner. @sue.q I went with mashed swede instead of pots :smile:
I am not enjoying the gurgling my tummy is now making, but fortunately his is the same, so I reckon our tummies are nattering to each other :wink:
@CandiceMarie, I've been using food as a crutch and a friend for too long. I remember my first diet was at 13, I was 13 stone! My mum had left home and I was left behind. My mum has always had a bad relationship with food and is still struggling. She doesn't think she's struggling as she only eats what she enjoys - crisps, potatoes cheese, sweets, bread, salted nuts, chocolate etc. She needs a hip and knee replacement but they won't do it until she Loses 2 stone. She's been limping around for quite a few years now, rather than tackle her weight issues. But I've decided that I need to leave her to her own journey and concentrate on my own.

Today we've had workmen in to remove 3 doors and doors frames and move Ka's light switch to the hall.

I hadn't realised the electrician was coming, or that he'd have to go up to the top floor (our bedroom) to gain access to the necessary wires. I had sorted my clothes into piles of sizes and stuff we still haven't unpacked/found homes for. It is now all piled up against one wall and across the bed :bugeyes: It's gonna take some sorting! I will go and take a peek at the mess he's made of lifting up my carpet and drilling big holes in my floor. I might even take some picks of my too big now clothes to sell!

Been to see quack today and she's referring me to the hand clinic re my thumb. Need height weight and blood pressure checking tomorrow, but still going to get weighed at boots so I use the same scales (autocorrect changed scales to cakes.....can you tell what I'm thinking about? :wink: )

Meeting with Ka's new teacher to discuss her report tomorrow afternoon. Should be interesting as the new teacher keeps saying such nice things that I'm wondering if she's mixed her up?

I reckon it might be an early to bed night tonight so I don't let the mean munchies sabotage me later.

Fingers crossed for a good result on the scales tomorrow x
28 Jun 2014, 09:43
Weigh day yesterday and 3lb down. :grin:
Theoretically that should have motivated me onwards. Unfortunately things didn't go like that :doh:
I had bacon and eggs (microwaved) when I got back from drs. Then I started feeling fed up and had strawberries out of the garden, an oxo drink (much nicer than I remembered) a dry cracker, celery sticks, buttered toast with marmite, biscuits, werthers sweets (3), oven chips, a chunk of cheese, breaded chicken breast in a bap with onion rings and curly fries, kettle crisps (small packet this time), salted caramel Hagen daas (someone on here mentioned it the other night and had to try it :wink: ) a punnet of blueberries and a pint of black cherry bulmers.
I feel very weepy and headachy today, no doubt due to all of the cr@p consumed yesterday. I now realise that I must've been very thirsty yesterday as I'm feeling hungover. I really must drink/think before eating. I used to have a routing of asking myself whether I needed it or wanted it. Even if I wanted it and chose to eat it that was ok, but it was like a check to see if I was mindlessly eating. I might have to try that again.
I also have Paul McKennas emotional eating book sat here making me feel bad for not having even opened it :neutral:
I think I might sneak a fast in today to make up for it! x
28 Jun 2014, 22:45
According to my tracker, it'll take me until may 2017 to reach my target of 11st5lb lolx
That's what happens when you disappear for ages and put 21lb back on :wink:
29 Jun 2014, 00:14
Chin up Karen! You can do it! Look forwards not backwards..
Sending hugs from a very wintery blue mountains.
Xxx
29 Jun 2014, 00:20
Hang in there @Karenm sometimes your body just needs one of those eating days. I find fluid fasting helps keep the hunger switch off for longer. Look up @breadandwine posts he says a lot about fluid fasting as a method. Keep up the fluids though and salty drink and caffeine drinks to avoid the withdrawal headaches.

You do have a lot on your plate :heart: all the best
29 Jun 2014, 06:00
My OH doesn't want to do 5:2 anymore. I've always done much better with his support, guess I'd better just get on with it!
Previous 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 12 Next
171 posts Page 2 of 12