The FastDay Forum

Progress Diaries & Journals

Please just one thread per member here, which you can keep updated with your progress!
If you want to celebrate reaching a goal, or commiserate over a less productive week please use the 'Delighted or Disappointed?' forum instead.

171 posts Page 5 of 12
Previous 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 12 Next
Re: Just starting out
18 Jul 2014, 16:27
Maintaining might be nice @nessie :heart: I may need to adjust my springy fall challenge target though :smile:
I am feeling that I've put myself under loads of pressure to do well and hit my target of 11st5lb by mid September. I think @caroreesmentioned that stress adversely affects weight loss.
Ok. I will have a think about maintaining until mid August! That'll make life a bit less stressful xxx :heart: xxx
18 Jul 2014, 23:33
Sorry I missed your post today buddy @karenm, hope you're feeling better about it all. Don't stress about it hun, you got in to the 11s, it may go up again yet, it may drop even lower. It is what it is and you're doing great :like: . Remember this is an easy, stress free WOE for life, forget about counting cals on non-fastdays and just do the fast days. If you maintain that's great, if you lose that's even better. And if you gain when living off sandwiches, you'll lose that after a few fast as it will only be water from all the carby bread.
May be your next goal could be to maintain for x amount of weeks, you may even lose. Just a thought but if you maintain for 4 weeks or so, having a few more cals on non-fastdays, when the 4 weeks are up and you tighten things up again (staying with in TDEE etc), do you think it could result in a bumper weight loss few weeks?, like the first few weeks of starting 5:2. I've started to go on a bit now, I better go to bed, i think I'm just thinking out loud now :oops: , or is it typing out loud :confused: typing out think :?: maybe?
Anyway be proud of where you are and don't over think it all, it's a one day at a time kind of thing. :clover: :clover:
20 Jul 2014, 17:49
After lots of thinking, I've decided to change to a 19:5 way of life until we get home after kerrianne's surgery. I have so much going on right now that this will fit in with my busy and stressful life. I know that I am unlikely to lose anything whilst I'm doing this, but hopefully I won't gain loads, like a hospital stay usually results in.
So here's to eating windows xxx :heart: xxx
20 Jul 2014, 19:15
That sounds like a good plan Karen, good luck with it!
21 Jul 2014, 07:07
I'd be surprised if you didn't lose weigh on 19:5 tbh, so I'd advise reducing your stress further by not worrying if some days your eating window is longer than 5 hours. Just make sure that you keep it at least within 8 hours and do 19:5 as often as you can. No breakfast, no evening snacking can do much alone!
23 Jul 2014, 06:11
Hi @carorees I love this WOE as it allows me to skip breakfast! It's only occasionally I eat it now.
I'm tending to eat later - 4-9pm and this is working. Last night I didn't eat until 5.30 and stopped by 8. Dinner was delicious and high in cals - spinach , ricotta, onions and cheddar cooked in butter and wrapped in filo. I munched on sunflower seeds for snacking. I have also discovered what could be my downfall.........crabbies alcoholic fruits! The raspberry and rhubarb was like drinking a dessert :grin:
I haven't bought ice cream this week, so that should help with the late night snacking.

I'm having another busy week -
Monday - thumb X-ray to check for OA, then off to tuckingmill to buy new camper foam (which they had to recut again), we then visited the new respite centre - which is lovely, but the adaptations are more of a token gesture as there are no suitable bathing/changing facilities as yet! Then we dropped Cyril off for his service. I drove him, with ka in front seat next to me and she was lovely!
We found out OH grandad is in hospital as he fell
Yesterday we had a paediatrician appointment and he has brought up the fact that we haven't got the community nurses booked for Ka's nursing needs when we get home (I hadn't thought that far ahead) he's organising that. But I got fed up of trying to ignore him saying 'such big surgery' etc so I am having to accept it I suppose :frown:
The old hoisting was removed from bedroom and bathroom. ka was in respite so I had a couple of crabbies fruits.
We bought sweets and sent a comfort parcel to grandad. We also have one ready to post today with party poppers, silly string, hats and pimms for a ward party :grin:
Today they're fitting upstairs hoists and sanding/ painting hall wall, stairlift repairs
Tomorrow - new, temporary front door, bedroom door and I'm pretty sure there's something else - got it....ka breaks up from school :bugeyes:
Friday bathroom door
That will be pretty much it - just proper front door and shower table late August.
Then I will get Ka's case and my bag packed for hospital next Thursday. We should be home the following Tuesday.
So everything should be settling down in a couple of weeks. I'm not aiming to get back on 5:2 until end of August so the spring fall challenge won't be achieved :oops:
24 Jul 2014, 13:34
I really want to stuck to 19:5, but am struggling a bit today. There's a thunderstorm forecast for Cornwall and I don't know if that's the reason for my headache and light headedness. Not feeling at all great :confused:
It might also be stress as we had 7 workmen here doing 3 different jobs earlier. One should've just taken an hour and they dragged 4 hours out of it, which was holding the joiner up :frown:
But, we now have a hoisting system which can pick ka up from her stairlift and take her into her bedroom and her bathroom :grin:
We have an outward opening temporary front door (the permanent one turned up damaged so they've got to manufacture another one)
We have a door on Ka's bedroom.
We are nearly done! Joiner back tomorrow, but I've told them the rest can wait until she's back at school in September :wink:
I need to make this eating window work as I'm not doing 5:2 I must stay motivated!
19:5
27 Jul 2014, 20:29
I am just over a week into 19:5. I haven't been weighed so I don't know whether I'm maintaining or gaining. I figure that if I do gain, it'll be less than I'd normally put back on and I can go straight back on 5:2 and lose it again!
I am tending to struggle middayish, so will have an oxo drink if water alone doesn't sort me out!
Mostly, I intend being kinder to myself. I will still be getting benefits from fasting due to the window, so I will keep telling myself that. It's only for 3/4 weeks :smile:
28 Jul 2014, 21:08
Today my eating window was 5.5 hours. My husband took me out for my first ever afternoon tea! It was amazing and then I had roasted veg wraps for dinner.
I am feeling a lot more relaxed about food, even though I'm feeling quite anxious about daughter's surgery on Thursday. I had been secretly hopeful that I'd still lose a bit of weight doing 19:5, but I'm not so sure now :frown:
29 Jul 2014, 05:18
Hang in there @Karenm. Sounds as though you've had a bit of a breakthrough about being nice to yourself! :) And you still have control over your eating. I've been on holiday and window eating. or rather patio door eating cos when they get opened you could get a truck of food through them and into my mouth :shock: Haven't weighed or measured, BUT the clothes still fit and hang where they were and I do believe my face has developed better cheek bones. It may be the light though...
Love reading about your stuff and sending you best wishes
29 Jul 2014, 07:00
Thankyou @janeg, I know what you mean about patio door eating :oops: Just because I can eat between certain times, doesn't mean that eating should be constant :razz:
I am going to attempt just two meals and one snack for my window. But will carry on 19:5ish until end of next week.
Next Sunday is Ka's 13th birthday. She has proved that the professionals aren't always right and outlived the prediction by 11 years so far :razz: She's my hero! The inlaws bought an awning for Cyril as her birthday present. We are hoping to go to a campsite for the day, put the awning up and have a picnic party (I might try a fast the day before to make up for all of the party food!) It will just depend on her pain levels after surgery.
Although it may not appear to be a good present for a 13 year old, it will enable us to take her away with us in Cyril as we don't all fit in there! We are planning a weekend away in September, just locally to see how it goes :smile:
I need to pack today, but I've not even got everything washed yet :oops: I am not very organised. We also need to take the back seats out of my car and find somewhere dry to store them. At least the weather is nice again today :smile:
I am going to be kind to myself today and eat mindfully :heart:
30 Jul 2014, 10:09
Thinking of you and Ka @Karenm, hope everything goes well tomorrow. :heart: :heart:
30 Jul 2014, 11:25
Thankyou @justdee xxx :heart: xxx

I am almost packed.
The back seats have been removed from my car (the swearing involved was not mine, it was OH)
I am very cranky, but still managing 19:5 - I wish I'd done a before weight and could get weighed today :frown: I have no idea at all how effective it is in maintaining :confused:
I guess I should've been putting all of this stuff in my blog rather than here, but it's much easier to get to this post than it is my blog :doh:
The next few days might see me here lots to have a break from the hospital, or not at all depending on the signal in derriford.
I haven't been able to find out whether there's a washing machine to clean our clothes so I've packed loads of knickers (autocorrect nearly had that as knockers :shock: )
I need to get myself some rescue remedy. Will leave OH babysitting and pop into town - big deal for me as I hate being out alone :bugeyes:
Need to buy some green for tea as not convinced the food will be great.
Still not ready, better get myself sorted now xxx
01 Aug 2014, 10:53
kas surgery went well. they have a good handle on her pain relief. she is grumpy at not being able to go home and has no understanding why she can't, but it's only until Tuesday

I have realised that I will struggle to do any form of fasting whilst ka is in hospital. due to coming over faint twice yesterday (my own fault for not drinking enough and breaking my fast with chocolate) I am just going to eat carefully. The choice is extremely limited, but I was given toast this morning and I will have ham salad and homity pie for lunch/dinner with fruit/bar of snack thing (yoghurt and fruit/oats and honey etc). I may need to up my cals a bit, but not sure what with yet :-/
it's more important to be able to look after monkey than what I weigh right now. I know the weight will come back off when I get back on it at the end of next week x
01 Aug 2014, 11:27
So glad all has gone well @Karenm and that Ka is on the
road to recovery. :like: :heart: :clover: :heart:

Now to mum be kind to yourself Karen this is not last year,
and your fasting enthusiasm is on a completely different level so don't put to much pressure on yourself to fast when your body isn't up to it focus on maintenance at the very best
just for a short time.
19:5 every day is great if you're up to it and personally I don't know how you've managed to come this far with everything that's going on in your life, just do whatever window you can then start to lengthen that window when appropriate take care
of yourself so that you can then care for everyone else. x :heart: :heart:
:clover: :clover: :clover: :clover: :clover:

Thanks for all your good wishes earlier today.
Previous 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 12 Next
171 posts Page 5 of 12