The FastDay Forum

Progress Diaries & Journals

Please just one thread per member here, which you can keep updated with your progress!
If you want to celebrate reaching a goal, or commiserate over a less productive week please use the 'Delighted or Disappointed?' forum instead.

171 posts Page 4 of 12
Previous 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 12 Next
Re: Just starting out
12 Jul 2014, 09:58
Thankyou so much @janeg :smile:
I do find myself struggling sometimes.
I was a bit worried about coming over to MILs, but it's actually doing me the world of good. I have eaten well. I wasn't pressured into eating too much on my Friday fast. I haven't been snacking and I feel more relaxed than I have in months.
Now that my daughters new respite centre has been approved, there's just the transition across (which should only take 3-4 months) and that will be settled.
All of the adaptations in the house will be completed by the 25 July, so no more builders traipsing in and out.
I will have a few days before her surgery to get the house sorted.
So, all in all, life will be back to normal in September.

Things to look forward to -
Kerrianne having straight legs after surgery (hopefully she won't gain so many inches as to tower over me like her biggest sister :wink: )
OH and I are away to Nuneaton for the first weekend in September to promote his new business venture :geek:
Ka back to school in September :grin:
I will have lost 14lb in the springy fall challenge :clover:
Taking middle daughter to see Peter Andre end of September :cool:
Off on family holiday, to same cottage we went to at Easter in October :lol: (lots of Dorset Apple cake to look forward to :wink: )
And that's as far as I'm planning!
I may need reminding now and again, that the stress isn't forever and that I can still fast as food is not the answer to stress!
xxx :heart: xxx
12 Jul 2014, 10:14
Well done @Karenm You done really well considering the stresses everyday seem to throw at you
Glad you're enjoying the break and sorting your food :like: you seem to have "clicked" all of a sudden
and your plans from now to Sept sounding very well laid.
Best of luck to you all. :clover: :clover: :clover:
12 Jul 2014, 10:55
Thanks @sue.q :heart:
I think cutting out crisps and white bread has helped. I did get a naan bread with my dinner last night, but I didn't even eat half of it and had less than half of my curry!
I know bingeing doesn't make me feel any better and this is what I need to bear in mind when I get stressed/upset! I end up feeling even worse after munching like a piggy!
I am in control of my food and a blip isn't the end of the world, it's just life!
xxx :heart: xxx

I am going to get weighed and have three meals on a Friday. Fast Mondays and Thursdays and eat between 4pm and 8pm the other days. I am having a bottle of cherry bulmers this evening, so will end up being more of an 18:6 today.
I will continue avoiding crisps and white bread as I'm feeling more alert and am pigging out less.
Today's problem is that my calories have only come to 1100 instead of my TDEE! But it's ok, I'm not worried, I'll just see how things go this week :smile: I think that I've been used to crisps and I've not figured out what to replace them with yet!
13 Jul 2014, 22:33
This evening I started a new crochet camper blanket. I'm pleased with the progress and if I work on it each evening 1) I should finish it by end of next week 2) I can't munch whilst I'm hooking
This means I'll weigh less next Friday (25 July) and I'll be nice and toastie!
Got a busy week again -
Mon - bathroom removal, appointment with epilepsy nurse to speed up Ka's VNS, got to go buy foam for Cyril, drop middle daughter to work, do a friends pedicure, start cushion covers for camper
Tues - bathroom refit, electrical safety test, downstairs door to be fitted, appointment with sling rep for ka,
Wed - bathroom finished (I hope!), need to make sure Cyril's cushions have covers
Thursday - 4 hour preop at a hospital over an hour away, then drop ka to respite so a night off :wink:
Friday - weigh in, then I'm supposed to be working, but I'm hoping they've forgotten :razz:
I am not at all daunted by this lot this week! I'm feeling much more positive :cool:
Can cutting crisps and white bread do this? Or am I just on top of all this stress?
Off to catch some :sleepy: xxx :heart: xxx
Nearly forgot - Sunday - target club with my new HW100k with custom stock. I just beat hubby last Sunday using his big heavy lump (HW100FSB), I'm aiming to increase that margin next week :razz:
14 Jul 2014, 20:37
Today was pretty good.
The appointment with epilepsy nurse went ok. I know what I need to check with the surgeon. My middle daughter has now swiped Ka's magnet and said she's happy to do it in future.
The workman who's doing the bathroom is a lovely young man - polite, hardworking and closes the front door every time he goes out (just got to remember not to call him sweetheart :wink: )
The new bath looks well lush and I can't wait until I can try it tomorrow or wed :heart:
My blanket is coming along well and I've managed 20 rows so far :like:
Only downside is that I do need to do that blinking paperwork and tax return I've been putting off since April! :oops:
Fast went ok, with less than 500 cals. Those scales are shouting for me this week. Roll on Friday. I WILL see 11s this week. I will need another mini target after that one. I'd be grateful for suggestions :confused:
14 Jul 2014, 20:46
I can feel it, this is the week for us. I weigh daily but only record it on Saturday, got my fingers crossed for us.
Now, it's not a fastday tomorrow so get yourself a bit of chocolate and make a start on the tax, I feel for you hun, rather you than me :(
14 Jul 2014, 20:53
I have managed to organise lots of stuff to keep me busy and avoid the tax returns for a while tomorrow.
Appointment in school at 9.30, pick up foam for Cyril after that, remove neighbours gel nails and then do a gel polish for her. I've got a couple of dresses to repair for her too!
Then I might have to make a start on making covers for that foam and curtains for camper.
I really need to stop avoiding all that bookkeeping, but that's what I'm doing! :razz:
14 Jul 2014, 23:25
Gosh @karenm you're one busy gal!
15 Jul 2014, 20:55
The bathroom workman is a nice young man. He's the first one I've not totally struggled with, so today went quite well. I've had a lovely bath and was sat downstairs in a towel when the stairlift man turns up at 9pm to fill holes in the wall! OH told him where to go! Unfortunately he woke both ka and the middle daughter.
I am a bit worried about what the council will say when they hear about this tomorrow :oops:
But the good news is that I've come on here instead of raiding the fridge! Three more sleeps til weigh day. I can do this! xxx :heart: xxx
16 Jul 2014, 19:25
The bathroom is finished (except for the shower stretcher which won't be here until August)
We are off to Plymouth for Ka's preop assessment tomorrow. As it's a 4 hour appointment and 1.5 hours each way we won't get much else done. Ka is in respite tomorrow night, so we might stay out in Cyril :wink:
I have been careful about what I'm eating this week. I have been counting cals every day - sat and sun were <1200, mon <500, yesterday and today were <1600(TDEE). I am absolutely determined to get below 12 stone this week and will be gutted if I don't! I do realise that the scales aren't always a very good reflection of how things are going, but they're all I've got!
I am worried about this weeks weigh in as I made the mistake of measuring my waist this morning and it was back up 2"! I reckon the OH didn't read it right a couple of weeks ago, so I'll be doing all of my own measuring from now on!
I am quite tired this evening and am going to go have a bath and get an early night! I might even see if I can dig out some candles to go with the lovely new bubble bath I bought today (I never realised how much I would miss a bath until we no longer had one!)
Goodnight and good fasting xxx :heart: xxx
16 Jul 2014, 19:42
Have a happy Thursday, hope it all goes to plan, thinking of you :0)
17 Jul 2014, 05:48
With a little forward planning I would've fasted yesterday instead of today. Fasting today will be a test of not eating when stressed or worried! We are off up to derriford hospital for Ka's preop assessment.
I was worried about why its a 4 hour appointment, but she will be seeing an assessor, play workers, disability nurses, anaesthetist, surgeon and having tests done.
I must remember to ensure they use a bipolar thermal thingy (can't remember it's name but it's the thingy which cuts and cauterises)
I think I'll go and write a list, but I bet I forget half the questions I've had over last 4 months :oops:
I might just aim for a low cal day today, fast tomorrow and weigh on Saturday?
Right! Where's that coffee :wink:
17 Jul 2014, 19:35
Today has been a good day.
Youngest daughter was amazing. No screaming during the 2 hours each way journey (further than I'd thought) No fussing during the 4 hour appointment including mrsa and blood tests. She was a star!
I nearly managed a good fast. Liquid only for 22 hours and then <600 calories. I might not have stuck to it but for weigh day tomorrow. I am feeling rather hungry this evening, but am determined to carry on regardless.
Let the scales reward my diligent calorie counting :clover:
18 Jul 2014, 08:38
I'm feeling rather low now. I have lost 1lb and reached the 11s, but I'm still not happy. I'd rather hoped to have lost more considering how good I feel I've been. It's not even as if I went crazy on non fast days because I logged every day.
I have eaten no crisps and have cut out the white bread. We've been eating freshly prepared food, so I'm just hoping if I carry on it'll perhaps show next week.
I know that I will put 2-5lb on when little one is in hospital in 2 weeks, as I end up eating what I can - usually sandwiches. That's why I was hoping to lose a bit more beforehand :frown: I also only have one weigh day before she goes in :frown:
I just need to put that behind me and get on with this next week. :smile:
My quandary is now whether to continue counting cals daily, or just on fast days :?:
18 Jul 2014, 11:41
why not just aim to maintain over the next month. You have enough on your plate and maintaining is a great achievement. If you manage that you will have good reason to be proud of yourself.
Previous 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 12 Next
171 posts Page 4 of 12