The FastDay Forum

Progress Diaries & Journals

Please just one thread per member here, which you can keep updated with your progress!
If you want to celebrate reaching a goal, or commiserate over a less productive week please use the 'Delighted or Disappointed?' forum instead.

171 posts Page 11 of 12
Previous 1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12 Next
Re: Just starting out
14 Jan 2015, 21:33
Why on earth do I sabotage myself on non fast days?
I have eaten way too much today. It's just not funny!
Grrrrr!
15 Jan 2015, 13:06
You're doing just fine karen @karenm, don't stress about the nonfast days, mine are also a little out of control at the mo but as long as we do our 2 fast everything is ok. And you're doing much better at that than I am. You always have so much on, don't allow non-fast days to be a stress in your life. Today is a fast day and you are fully in control of it, that's all that matters with this WOL and the scale will show it in time :) :clover: :clover: :clover: :clover:
15 Jan 2015, 16:13
Karenm wrote: Why on earth do I sabotage myself on non fast days?
I have eaten way too much today. It's just not funny!
Grrrrr!

Don't worry even if you go a bit bonkers on your feast days, the fact that you have done your fast days means that you won't gain in the same way you would if you splurged and didn't fast! I find that no matter how badly the feast days go, I almost never gain anything on a week with 2 good fasts. So just keep at it and you will see results :victory:
15 Jan 2015, 19:40
Good fast day so far!
Black coffee (lots of), sparkling water with lemons, roast pork, green beans, spinach, cauli, gravy and
Mangetout.
I'm going to get on with my crochet blanket to take my mind off food!
weigh day tomorrow, so gotta keep on keeping on! xxx
16 Jan 2015, 17:52
I lost absolutely no weight this week. I am feeling a bit gutted, but am just going to keep on keeping on.
I'd mentioned overeating a couple of nights ago, but on checking, I didn't even eat my TDEE. My overeating consisted of half a Gouda sandwich with no butter, 5 jelly sweets, a piece of chocolate, an apple, a pear, 6 grapes and a 600 calorie roast dinner.
My hubby reckons I'm not eating enough on in between days (used to have to calorie count to get up to calories) I reckon it might just be the one week a month I usually gain weight!
I have also had a bit of a stressful week, but unfortunately that's not unusual!
Still on it though. Last time this happened, I gave up. I had a very unfortunate experience when I first discovered 5:2 I lost 10lb in 3 weeks (even though I'd already lost 3stone in the previous 13/14 months and 7lb of that in the preceding month) it's now incredibly difficult when I don't lose!
I get disheartened easily and have been a bit down, but it's fine. It wasn't a gain. I am still not going to calorie count this next week, but if I don't lose next week, I'll do a calorie check the following week.
I have my plan and it's all fine xxx
16 Jan 2015, 18:10
I'm not even telling you what my over eating day looks like :oops: :bugeyes: . Please don't treat the non-fastdays as diet days. Relax hunni, don't make this WOE harder than it has to be. That's the mistake we both made last year. This year we're going to get to goal, by fasting twice a week. The scale will catch up soon enough. We can do this :clover: :clover:
19 Jan 2015, 09:13
I am very grateful to @justdee. She is the sense I seem to be lacking :wink:
I was totally devastated on Friday when I hadn't list any weight even though I'd done 2 good fasts. I was cross at how hard i'd worked to eat less all week, but it was in vain! I was unhappy, hungry, headachy all week and it was no fun. I decided I wanted to lose extra weight so I could gain a bit in birthday ket!
But I had it pointed out to me that this woe isn't about being miserable and depriving myself all week, it's about 2 fasts and 5 eating days. So that's what I'm going to do! I'll do mon and thurs fasts and try to eat more on the other days (last week I barely managed 1000 cals in between!)
Ah well, suppose I'd better get on with stuff as have a very busy day today. Hubby's lathe turned up, so he's catching up on manufacturing kits. I have to do all the finishing, boxing up and packaging to post this morning.
Off to hospital for thumb scan this afternoon.
Fun fun fun!
19 Jan 2015, 12:01
Glad you're feeling better about everything @karenm :) have a great fastday xx
20 Jan 2015, 21:26
I got myself a bit upset on Friday after not losing any weight.
@justdee had a bit of a chat with me and I realise that I eat too little on non fast days.
I stopped eating earlier as I'd had a couple of chocolates, yet when I checked calories I'd only had 999!
I've topped that up now with some tapioca, but that's still only got me up to 1229!
I am going to have to do some work on that, but I don't want anything else tonight. It'll also make up for all the junk I ate on my birthday ;-) x
21 Jan 2015, 19:41
How did you do today? @karenm . Remember it's all about tricking your body into thinking nothing happening. If you've not managed your TDEE yet today, may be a nice milky hot choc will bump the cals up before bed. As for the birthday junk, well mondays fast took care of that, so not really a good enough excuse m'dear :) . Hope you've had a good amount of cals today, ready for your fast tomorrow. And fingers crossed the scale with be good to you :clover: :clover: :clover:
21 Jan 2015, 23:15
I have eaten more tonight.
Been a busy couple of days. We had a road trip to cullumpton yesterday for an assessment for ka. They reckon we can get Ka to see!
Today middle daughter was given aspergers diagnosis.
This evening one of Ka's carers from the respite centre the council closed has agreed to work directly for us :-D
Gonna be a great fast day tomorrow @justdee
I also realise I may not lose again this week as I'm rather bloated. Think my body's trying to sort itself out!
x
21 Jan 2015, 23:38
Sorry i missed yr bday @karenm x belated wishes anyway x
Good news re Ka! How do you feel about other DDs diagnosis?
Keep your spirits up in every and any way you can! You have so much going on in yr life, a lot more stress than most of us.
i just wanted to let you know we all get discouraged at times.
Last year was a disaster for me - repeated attempts,false starts,sudden stops,ended up with me regaining the two stone i lost between sept- dec2013..was totally disheartened.
Sort of got my mojo back Dec 2014 and i' m determined this year isnt gonna be like last. The fact 2014 was bad is actually good! :lol: if that makes sense...it was so bad i' m determined i wont waste another year in the same way.
Seems to me i can only do this if i get a grip and tell myself off coz i dont want to go on being so large and with so much stuff in the wardrobe i cant wear. More than anything, i want to improve my health and live past 100 if poss...think i have the genes for it - my Dad lived til his mid nineties!
Justdee has said everything,just keep her words in mind,take each day as a new opportunity,and make sure you eat enough on feed days and once again you' ll be successful x
21 Jan 2015, 23:57
Belated birthday wishes from me too Karenm. Sorry I missed the day x I'll see you on the fasting thread tomorrow. I'm off to find it now :wink: :sleepy: :sleepy:
22 Jan 2015, 08:20
Thank you ladies.
Beccy's asperger diagnosis was a foregone conclusion. I'm more mixed about her moving out at the end of the month!
Last year had lots of false starts, but this is much easier with hubby!
Today we're fasting, but I've got a stressful day going to my friends to do both mine and hubby's tax return. I've barely slept as I've not done my paperwork yet. I'd also promised her daughter I'd make her a hat for her birthday and forgot until yesterday. I tried to make it last night, but it's navy blue so I really struggled and had to stop. I should've just done paperwork! Duh!
22 Jan 2015, 13:14
Some good news there @Karenm, how exciting about Ka's sight and well done on getting the carer to come and care for her, you must be very pleased about that. Even Beccy's diagnosis must be a weight off, you can move forwards now you have it confirmed. One of the kids leaving the nest hey? Eeekkk!!! Thank god I don't have to deal with that for a good few years yet. I'm sure she'll be fine. Good on you for eating a bit more yesterday, hope your fast is going well today. :clover: :clover: :clover:
I feel the same about last year @candicemarie. There is no way I'm wasting another year. We'll do it this year candy :clover: :clover: :clover:
Previous 1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12 Next
171 posts Page 11 of 12