The FastDay Forum

Progress Diaries & Journals

Please just one thread per member here, which you can keep updated with your progress!
If you want to celebrate reaching a goal, or commiserate over a less productive week please use the 'Delighted or Disappointed?' forum instead.

171 posts Page 10 of 12
Previous 1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12 Next
Re: Just starting out
26 Sep 2014, 16:56
@karenm 2 lb is still two pound! :like: and better than two pound ON ..so in effect youre 4 lbs down! :lol:
Hope the weekend goes ok..let us know what you saw on the cinema and what you thought of it on here... ( if you have time)...
fastonbury-glamping-grounds-f34/lights-camera-action-must-see-films-t11459-90.html
26 Sep 2014, 17:14
@candicemarie, no crisps til Christmas? :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:
I don't think I could manage that! Looking after ka 24/7 is less daunting than 3 months without crisps lolx
I think we are seeing 'what we did on our holiday' I will let you know my review later or tomorrow :wink:
26 Sep 2014, 21:28
Well done on the 2lbs @karenm, it's all good :) Hope you had a lovely evening with your friend, enjoy. :)
27 Sep 2014, 16:18
@Karenm That's a very good loss I'd call that a victory considering everything you've had going on lately.
A little "me time " is totally necessary so work something out between the two of you as I said before him cooking the eve meal gives you time alone somewhere.
Glad you've sorted out another respite centre for Ka and your weekend away with Cyril will do you both good hope all goes well for you enjoy the time together alone. :clover: :heart:
27 Sep 2014, 16:57
Today I have eaten -
Small egg roll
Few chips
2 pieces of cake,
1/4 tin semolina
Popped crisps
Chipolata sausages, curly fries, egg and beans is planned for dinner
I will plan not to eat after dinner
I will drink some boiled water with lemon until dinner is served (hubby is cooking :wink: )
And try to drink instead of munching later too!
I can see that carbs are the issue. But when you're not cooking yourself, you take what you get!
Tomorrow is shooting club so I won't be eating until 3.30pmish. We have some rose veal and will be making a cottage pie with it. So lots of Swede and carrots tomorrow :smile:
27 Sep 2014, 20:09
Did you have a good evening at the pic, what did you watch? any good? x Totally know what you mean about cooking yourself. It is nice when someone does the thing you always have to do though :)
27 Sep 2014, 21:04
@justdee, we saw what we did on our holiday. It was good, but trying to describe it to hubby was a huge failure. I would watch it again, so it can't be too bad x
09 Jan 2015, 20:05
An update on what's going on.
I've had my tracker reset. Trying to get it back where it'd been was much tougher than I'd anticipated.
So new year, new start.
Kerrianne is still home full time and won't be going back to that school. Her leg which was infected is healed and the other one is nearly there. She has just started to be able to straighten her legs with splints and use her standing frame. She can 4 point kneel, but can't sit back on her heels any more as it causes pain.
She is happier at home and has less seizures.
Middle daughter is in process of being diagnosed with aspergers, which is emotional.
Hubby and I have started 5:2 again.
We weighed in on Tuesday afternoon and had both lost 3lb by this morning!
He has given me my birthday present of a Fitbit a bit early! I am pleased with it, but disappointed that our walk this afternoon was only 7000 steps and yet I'm still short of 10000 today!
Hello to everyone xxx
09 Jan 2015, 20:16
Hello Karen,lovely to see you and get yr update on yourself and the family x
Well done on yr good start to the NY and v plsed to hear Kerrianne is improving x
Hows Cyril and when is yr bday? X
09 Jan 2015, 20:24
Cyril needs money spending on him!
The sunroof is leaking badly and the batteries aren't charging properly.
He also needs a repair to the rock n roll bed as it won't stay in a seat position.
need to get him up and running in next few weeks as we are taking him on holiday in April with kerrianne x
11 Jan 2015, 19:30
@Karenm, you have a lot on your plate, so I wouldn't beat yourself up about not making 10,000 steps on your Fitbit! I am very exercise averse, with no excuse, so I have reset my Fitbit to make my target 7,500 steps. I knew that if I tried to aim for 10,000 it would seem totally unattainable and I just wouldn't bother, so the lower target made sense to me. It's still about 6,500 steps more than I would normally do in a day, so I am happy with that! :grin:
11 Jan 2015, 22:49
StowgateResident wrote: @Karenm, so I have reset my Fitbit to make my target 7,500 steps. I knew that if I tried to aim for 10,000 it would seem totally unattainable and I just wouldn't bother, so the lower target made sense to me. It's still about 6,500 steps more than I would normally do in a day, so I am happy with that! :grin:

I have taken your advice on this, but have had a very lazy day today and only managed 1273 steps! I think there's an issue with the floors as I've just come up to bed and it's logged 1 and not 2 flights. I think it might be because I stopped part way up 2nd flight to pick up washing!

Tomorrow is a fast day, but we have a meeting with the "professionals " at my daughter's school and I'm not looking forward to it. I doubt they've got grounds to refuse us removing her, but I bet they won't offer any help with her home ed! She's doing brilliantly now, but I sometimes get tired and a bit cranky!

Just got to keep on keeping on! x
13 Jan 2015, 09:10
Wasn't sure I would manage to fast yesterday,but I did! Hubby did too!
I did wake up in very early hours with a headache and then 5am as I was hungry :bugeyes: That's not happened before. We ate differently last night and had pierogi and croquettes. Usually we'd do much lower carbs.
I'd like 7lb gone over next 5 weigh ins. That will get me back to where I thought I actually was!
Then I can just carry on and get back to where i was15 months ago.
Best get on with sorting ka out.
xxx
13 Jan 2015, 23:42
Tough day today and highlight was anxiety attack in shop. I wasn't even alone, so it wasn't that. Only ideas we've come up with are that we were talking about middle daughter and things are a bit tough with/for her right now. In 22 days we will know whether she has aspergers and she is considering moving in with friends. I know we will still have ka home, but Beccy is my babydoll and has always needed lots of emotional support from me, whilst she also bullied me into getting her own way. So there's a whole heap of emotions.
Yesterday we had a meeting to discuss Ka's education. It's really hard to consider sending her back to school, even part time as she is doing better than she ever has. But the council have said we would get no support, not even from visual impairment teacher. I am worried I can't meet all of her needs. I have been ringing round to get advice about this. Hopefully I can get support from elsewhere.

I wish I didn't feel out of control on non fast days. I always feel I've massively over eaten, but I haven't really.
This time around I've committed to do straight 5:2, without adding anything else in until I hit a plateau. The last few times I've added in lower carbs, cut out caffeine or used eating windows every day too. I was just setting myself up to fail!
Not this time.
Target is 7lb in 5 weeks.
I can do this thing :-) x
14 Jan 2015, 00:13
Hi Karen, good to see you are back. Counting steps is good as it gives us an indicator - but don't forget the washing and all the activities that don't take steps, eg lifting on the spot, or standing on one leg as mothers often do!
I'll catch up with you at the weekend - busied out today.
Lizx
Previous 1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12 Next
171 posts Page 10 of 12