The FastDay Forum

Progress Diaries & Journals

Please just one thread per member here, which you can keep updated with your progress!
If you want to celebrate reaching a goal, or commiserate over a less productive week please use the 'Delighted or Disappointed?' forum instead.

171 posts Page 9 of 12
Previous 1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12 Next
Re: Just starting out
22 Sep 2014, 08:49
Big hugs coming your way @karenm

Bean :heart:
22 Sep 2014, 10:22
Hugs from me too..and for Ka..hope it goes ok this avvo xx
22 Sep 2014, 13:53
Fantastic news.........the wound on her thigh has healed better than expected and they've been able to stitch it up. We might even make it home today :clover:
22 Sep 2014, 14:03
Oh i hope so! Thats great news!
Would be so nice for you to get home asap! :like: xx
22 Sep 2014, 14:03
Brilliant news @Karenm Just brilliant :like: :clover: :heart:
Whatever happens next you've got real food to look forward to sometime very soon. How's that's for Good news on a fasting Monday hope you're managing OK tomorrow is another day.
Take care Karen + family. :heart: :heart: Sue
22 Sep 2014, 20:53
We made it home this evening, but I failed my fast. Tomorrow it is then :smile:
22 Sep 2014, 21:08
@karenm!mSo happy to hear you're home! Never mind the fast! Just enjoy being under your own roof and back in your cosy beds!
image.jpg
~ sweet dreams ~ xx!
image.jpg (28.94 KiB) Viewed 341 times
23 Sep 2014, 00:06
Blooming marvellous news Karen, delighted to hear your are both home and Ka has made such great progress. Wishing you and family a happy Tuesday :heart:
23 Sep 2014, 01:12
I have hurt my upper back lifting ka. It's making it difficulty to sleep :frown:
23 Sep 2014, 10:42
@Karenm So glad you made it home with Ka :like: :heart:

Blimey Karen you're not taking the easy route are you now?
Really hope you're doing OK and not hurt yourself to badly.
Love and hugs to you. :heart: :heart: Sue
23 Sep 2014, 10:47
Oh you poor thing! I hope you' ll soon feel better tho i know it can be tricky once youve pulled something,can take time to get right again :curse:
What a shame when youve just got home x
23 Sep 2014, 16:26
Unfortunately there was no other way of getting ka from hospital bed to her chair.
It's fine, it happens a lot. I'll harass the other half for some reiki later :wink:

We went to Lakeland in truro on the train today and bought the mincer attachment for the new kenwood I got last week. I am looking forward to hubby going out shooting next time as it'll put food on the table.
Kerrianne is loving this whole home ed malarkey! After a train trip, we took the dogs down the woods for a walk and have collected loads of brambles. We've made up a jelly and chucked a few in there. Later I'm going to give jam making a go, but I've never done it before so am a bit nervous. I might even just research it tonight and make it tomorrow! We also found some hazelnuts, but as they're all the ones the squirrels have chucked, I'm not too hopeful for them.
I am fasting today after not managing yesterday's! So far so good, but after forgetting to buy anything for tea whilst in supermarket, we are having jacket potatoes, beans, coleslaw and cheese.
I will have a play on MFP to work out quantities.
25 Sep 2014, 07:51
Yesterday was a bad eating day, but I've recognised why, so perhaps I'll avoid it next time.
I had ka with me all day. I baked and sang with her. OH spent the day working (he works from the shed) then he went shooting in the evening, meaning I had absolutely no time to myself, making me feel fed up! Going to have to keep an eye on that! There are going to be lots of times when I'll struggle for some 'me time'
I had also underestimated how good my baking would be :wink: I made cheese and potato pie and butterscotch blondes. Totally scrummy. I am finding I'm very affected by what OH says. I wouldn't usually put a base on a pie as it easily removes a lot of calories, but he reckons it's not a pie without a base! So it had a base :oops:
He's just asked what I'm making today, I said nothing as a fast day and received a big sigh. I'm going to mince some meat with my new mincer and make a mince and veg cottage pie.
25 Sep 2014, 08:03
If hubby doesn't like it the way you make it, he could always make the pie himself ;) And you could have a little me time. Have a lovely day @karenm x *and when we get the teleporters you can bring some baked goods, sounds lovely :) . I'm making myself hungry, glad I'm fasting tomorrow and not today. Good luck with todays fast :clover:
26 Sep 2014, 16:42
My final weight for the spring challenge was 12 stone 3lb - just 2lb lost! BUT that was ok considering the last two months :smile:
I will take the loss as a success.
For the Christmas challenge my target is a bit flexible - to be under 12 stone or 7lb. I won't be getting weighed until next Friday (if I can sneak out before leaving for our holidays! I won't be getting weighed the following Friday as we will be on our way home from Dorset.
I may be a bit emotional that weekend as we will be dropping ka off to the new respite centre on the Friday! She is there until Monday, but we won't be staying home as it's too far from her. We are staying about 10 minutes away in the camper van. Just in case........:wink:
I am off out to the cinema this evening with a friend. I'm quite looking forward to it!

Been checking out ferries to brittany for next year. We need to ring them to book due to the access arrangements, but I don't want to book until we get back from hols. We need to see whether the MIL will have the dogs whilst we are away, or whether we need to get them on the PETS scheme. :smile:
Previous 1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12 Next
171 posts Page 9 of 12