The FastDay Forum

Progress Diaries & Journals

Please just one thread per member here, which you can keep updated with your progress!
If you want to celebrate reaching a goal, or commiserate over a less productive week please use the 'Delighted or Disappointed?' forum instead.

171 posts Page 8 of 12
Previous 1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12 Next
Re: Just starting out
14 Sep 2014, 20:44
@karenm sorry you have so much on yr plate to deal with
Hope this will give you a smile re teen DD..they DO grow up and turn into lovely young women once their sulky teen hormones settle down..
image.jpg
image.jpg (29.73 KiB) Viewed 459 times
19 Sep 2014, 20:30
Thank you everyone.
Things took a bit of a turn and I'm back in Plymouth hospital after a trip to theatre for Ka's wounds. One had completely broken down, so has been surgically cleaned and has a vacuum dressing on it. Antibiotics are being pumped in to deal with the infection, BUT it's much better than they'd thought. The infection hasn't reached the metalwork in her leg or the bone, so that's fantastic news. Back into theatre Monday. If it's started to granulate, they'll stitch it together again. If not, back to theatre Wednesday to check it again!
I properly binged last night :frown: after tea we shared over half a tin of celebrations, big packet of crisps and lots of red stag :shock:
Today I ate asda tuna salad and 2 pieces of choc at 3pm, ham and egg salad at 6.30pm then called it a day.
I have bought lots of porridgepots, noodle pots, mash pots and cup a soups (only have access to a kettle, a whsmith shop or a pasty shop! I have got pears or popped crisps for snacks (also got rest of bar choc, but not fancying it just now :wink: )
My weight is up, but I am quite stressed.
I can come back to this when life is calmer to lose weight. I'm hoping to stabilise my weight with eating windows and restricting cals a bit for now.
Thanks again for people's kind thoughts xxx
19 Sep 2014, 21:23
@Karenm I'm so sorry you seem to be stepping in a backwardly direction at this moment, worry not about fasting you've got far to much on your plate right now just do as you say the best you can from day to day, we'll all be here for you Karen as Dee has no internet yet but will be thinking of you on a daily basis she'll report in when possible. :clover:
Hope all goes well next week. Take care of yourself. :heart: Sue
20 Sep 2014, 01:42
Hi @Karenm - great strategy, 16:8 if you can, and to be mindful too. Blimey, Karen I admire your resilience and wonderful way of being. If I lived nearby I would deffo be with you to help and chatter! :wink: x
20 Sep 2014, 16:40
Just been on the scales (later in the day than usual and tomorrow morning may be a better indication) 12stone 5.5lb!
So I'm not really much more than I was, so I'm taking that as a positive! It could be worse :wink:
Today I have had a small bite of a vegetarian sausage, half a mini cheddar biscuit (not exactly mindless as I knew I was going to eat - hence chose half!) and a leek/potato cup a soup. I'm still under 150 cals so today's fast is still going on!
I can't decide between noodles, mash or porridge for later :?:
The fact I have no access to the fridge/cupboards at home is helping. I do have chocolate, pears and popped crisps if I want snacks. I would be over the moon if I manage to lose weight this week. If only I was one of those people who lose weight when stressed! I'd be tiny :razz:
I might be here boring people stupid as I've got no one to natter with x
Thanks for the pic @candicemarie
Please give dee my love and yourself a hug @sue.q
@lizbean I am grateful for a chat anytime
@janeg I'm scared that cutting myself slack will result in needing bigger clothes again and they're being sold off bit by bit on fleabay. I have ny eyes on some new underwear so bigger stuff is going to fund it :wink:
This place helps keep me sane xxxxx
21 Sep 2014, 15:28
I managed a fast yesterday. But I'm struggling today. I've still not eaten well and have a dodgy tummy. (Cereal bars, popped crisps, pears and a yoghurt) I have noodles for tea :frown:
Hubby is bringing me corned beef pie I made (if he doesn't eat it for his tea)
Ka is well in herself, but keeps spitting her meds out!
I considered asking moogie to reset my tracker as it'll be 2027 before I reach my target :shock: But I've decided to prove it wrong! That's going to be my challenge.
I have totally failed the springy challenge as 14lb in a week is a bit much :oops:
I am going to set myself a goal of 11st 5lb by jan 18 2015 (my birthday :wink: )
This will be more realistic and give me more flexibility with all of the stresses which seem determined to bury me :frown:
21 Sep 2014, 18:44
I do hope OH brings you that corned beef pie Km and gets it to you hot! X Really you need a good square meal. What are the sleeping arrangements? X
21 Sep 2014, 20:09
I have a bed in Ka's room. She slept right through last night, which was good.
The lady serving dinner gave me an omelette and a sausage. So I've eaten a bit of real food, followed by half a yoghurt. Just the choc and crisps were bad today :oops:
At least I have access to scales so I can daily weigh whilst we are in!
Pie will be cold as we live 2 hours away :frown:
We do have to go to asda as I need more shorts for little one. There are no laundry facilities due to infection control, but I don't see how having soiled clothing stored in the room is preventing infection :?:
She's back to theatre tomorrow afternoon. We will get a better idea of how long the imprisonment will last :wink: ?Should be home by the weekend though!
:heart:
21 Sep 2014, 20:15
Glad youve got a bed! Nothing like your own bed tho,is there?...
Hope you both get back home very soon xx
21 Sep 2014, 20:27
@Karenm well done on your successful fast yesterday :heart: I completely missed reading your post that Ka and you were in back at the hospital. How do you spend your time there? Are you having good conversations with others and making friends? I went up north this week to take my 89 year old mum to the low vision clinic and in that short time met lots of lovely peeps. I think Mum would have liked to stay longer!!!! What are you doing this eve?
21 Sep 2014, 20:34
No one else for me to chat to :frown:
Just spending my days watching Disney films and cbeebies.
I am currently watching safe house, but will probably have to miss the end as I have no headphones and she'll be getting her melatonin at 10 :frown:
22 Sep 2014, 06:46
My target date has already changed to June 2020!!!
I know this'll slow down due to the initial speed I'm losing at. It should settle back down to a lb a week from now on :smile:
I am feeling much more positive about weight loss today and will aim for an eating window, even if I don't manage a proper fast!
I slept less last night, but ka slept well. She's on nil by mouth this morning and down to theatre this afternoon.
It's hoped this will be last trip to theatre and the wound will be closed, but one of the registrars said it usually takes a few visits. With some luck and lots of positive thoughts, this will be it and we'll get home wed :clover:
I am down to 77.5kg - 12st 3lb
Onwards and downwards needs to be the way forward :smile:
22 Sep 2014, 07:52
Really hope this is the last visit in operating theatre for Ka
You're doing great under such circumstances Karen and now you do sound more positive regarding your weightloss, that's good because our head needs to be in the right place for us to stand any chance at all. :clover: fingers crossed for today @Karenm :clover:
22 Sep 2014, 08:05
@Karenm - all the best for this pm, I too have everything crossed and wish you both home soon. :clover: onwards and downwards as you say - every little bit helps, did you get your corned beef dinner :?:
22 Sep 2014, 08:12
@lizbean - I had omelette and a sausage for tea last night.
Hubby is bringing some boiled eggs for me this afternoon. I am hopeful he will bring me a bit of pie, but I suspect he may have eaten it :wink:
Thankyou for the get us home wishes x
Previous 1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12 Next
171 posts Page 8 of 12