The FastDay Forum

Progress Diaries & Journals

Please just one thread per member here, which you can keep updated with your progress!
If you want to celebrate reaching a goal, or commiserate over a less productive week please use the 'Delighted or Disappointed?' forum instead.

78 posts Page 2 of 6
Yes, 1 tspv in hot water...tricks your body into thinking it's had soup! Also, fasting tends to flush salt from your body which can make you feel wobbly, so a salty drink helps.
Keep up the good work, many of us are already anticipating you in your wedding outfit. I did it the other way around: I am for the first time in years able to slip into my wedding outfit from 28 years ago.
Hi Rob, well done on getting started. I lost 9lbs in the first 8 weeks (a minor blip over Xmas knocked me back), I'm right back on it now, and am down this week already.
Yes, a spoonful of Bovril, or an Oxo cube dissolved in hot water. I take a lot of herbal teas, Lemon and ginger is very tasty.

Keep it up!

Paul
Lasted until dinner time where I have just had 600 cals of chicken and rice.

I was getting quite irritable and tired before dinner.

But I am back in the game now after my meal!

I just need to keep myself occupied throughout the eve so I don't go hunting for food!
Excellent progress Rob.
Go to bed early, that's what I do. And sip some carbonated water with half a chopped up lemon in it. Will be interesting to see how you feel in the morning.
I was skeptical about an oxo cube in hot water but its actually very good! And only 7cals!
You've done really well Rob, give yourself a big pat on the back!
So I passed my 1st Fast with flying colours..

Im on my second fast today which I have been looking forward to all weekend (Honestly!)

Today I have so far not found myself feeling hungry?

Its 1pm and whilst everyone is having lunch I decided to try something new.. Bovril! Ive never had it before and for around 12 calories its very rather drinkable.. It will get me through to dinner time (6pm)

I might have another Bovril late tonight if I start food hunting?
Or a 40 cal hot chocolate or a 10 cal jelly
2nd Fast success..

I did find the following 'side effects' towards the end of the day.

A thick head? Not a head ache - but almost a head ache..?

A giddy feeling - almost like I was drunk? Or similar to how you feel if you wake up in the middle of the night? This feeling affected me sleeping and I tossed and turned for maybe an hour before finally falling off to sleep.. Slept like a baby thereafter!

I did feel like my work shirt is a tad looser than before? Exciting!
Hi rob. well done, try upping your caffeine, I had to when I started 5.2. Just a black coffee should do it. Some days i will get the "giddy feeling" and sometimes the euphoria sensation too. Keep up the good work.
Yes that's what I was trying to explain - Euphoria!
Thanks I did have half a black coffee in the day but from now on will up the intake..
@RobMorris Sounds like your doing great so far. You and your partner are a lovely looking couple! Did you end up having that birthday cake from yesterday??? I find it's soooo much more enjoyable to have my favourite foods on this plan because I've earned them. Rather than the usual feelings of terrible guilt I would feel on any other calorie-restricted eating plan. Hope you enjoyed it!!
I did have it today but I shared it...
I had half and my boss had half.

It was lush!
I am on my 4th fast today. And its going swell...

I honestly believe I have found the 'diet' for me!

1st weigh in and measure up tomorrow - fingers crossed for a loss!

A nice change occurred yesterday. I normally take my 2yr old to the park on a Sunday morning to allow mummy to sort the house out.. Its only half a mile a way but I would always drive?!

Yesterday and from now on I walk..

Every little helps!
78 posts Page 2 of 6