The FastDay Forum

Progress Diaries & Journals

Please just one thread per member here, which you can keep updated with your progress!
If you want to celebrate reaching a goal, or commiserate over a less productive week please use the 'Delighted or Disappointed?' forum instead.

78 posts Page 1 of 6
Hi all

Thanks for all the advice so far.
Here is my journal.

My staring weight is 132 Kilos.
I take a 42 waist Trouser
And XXXL tops

Starting measurements in inches
Neck 17
Calf 16.5
Thigh 24
Bicep 17
Forearm 12.5
Bum 'waist' 51
Belly button 'waist' 57
Trouser sit 'waist' 46
Chest across the man buttons 52.5

My plan is for a Monday and Thursday Fast
I am planning on a single evening 600 cal meal.

Here is a pic to start at a wedding recently.
By my own wedding next year I hope to have lost around 6 stone!

Rob
It's great that you've taken all those measurements and have a 'before' photo as well.
just watch those pounds - and inches - melt away.

Good luck.
Good aims for the very best of reasons.
Be honest with yourself on a daily basis, and realistic too, we all have good days and bad; go with the flow, watch your TDEE on the progress tracker for it will change as your weight drops, and lose the carb dependency.
You can do this, yes you can :0)
Welcome to the forum RobMorris & the 5:2ing way of life. You have your wedding to aim for which will help you keep focused & try to initially just take it a day at a time & listen to your body. It takes a little while to get used to this but the benefit of taking control of your eating will do wonders for your confidence & waistline :smile: & you will get there. Meanwhile there are many people on the forum willing to help with any questions you may have.
Good luck.
Love your photo....you look a lovely couple!

As you've a year before your wedding, why not try this tool for predicting your weight loss over a year? resources-links-f3/estimate-your-weight-loss-t8543.html

It's not totally accurate, but will give you a rough idea.
Great before photo. Is the girl your intended?
Thanks Carorees - It predicts I will lose 35 kilos over 1 year.
In fact that is my goal so this is even more of an incentive!

Thanks Carieoates - Yes she is the one that said yes!
Great pic Rob - and you will appreciate it even more when you are able to add to it and make a set! Great advice offered already, so will just add my good wishes :like:
As others have said,a great photo of you both. A good incentive on those hard days. Good luck,you will do it.
lovely photie ! Good luck and keep up the journal. We're all behind you :D :clover:
First fast progress
Skipped breakfast for the first time in a long time.
Have only been drinking water.
Its now Lunch time 1pm and I have been thinking about food a lot and have been hungry. The hunger feeling is still there but not as strong now.
I am skipping through lunch and look forward to my single 600 cal intake at dinner time around 6.30pm!
You're doing great! If you start to feel out of sorts, try a salty drink like, hot marmite, oxo, bovril or miso. You'll feel well pleased with yourself when you make it through to dinner time!
Go on Rob!!!! We're cheering you on from the sidelines. Great idea from Caroline, have a bovril or the like. I do that sometimes. Keep going, you will be so chuffed with yourself come dinner time :clover: :like: :smile:
Good luck Rob. Very bold to try and go right through until dinner on your first fast. If it gets tough this afternoon a salty drink, bouillon or miso soup, may help the hunger pangs along with a boiled egg. Would leave you with 500 cals for this evening.
Thanks all
Ive never tried hot marmite, oxo, bovril or miso...
Maybe Is hould give one a try?

Literally a spoonful of marmite dissolved in hot water?
78 posts Page 1 of 6