The FastDay Forum

Progress Diaries & Journals

Please just one thread per member here, which you can keep updated with your progress!
If you want to celebrate reaching a goal, or commiserate over a less productive week please use the 'Delighted or Disappointed?' forum instead.

78 posts Page 5 of 6
I went all out a bought a new set of digital scales
A bit annoying as they say im heavier than the analog one say
I have still lost weight but it seems my start weight was higher than I thought..
Hello Rob,

You often get differences between scales, so don’t let that put you off as they both show the downward trend.

Well done with your weightloss to date your off to a great start
Super start Rob! go you ! You will find this forum to be very helpful and motivating, I do.
I have weighed the people in my office
From my old analog scales on carpet
To my new digital scales on hard surface
And the difference is 5 kilos for all!

I am a bit gutted as I need to add 5 kilos to my weigh in data.

So todays weight instead of the 122kgs shown on my analogs I am going with the 127kgs shown on my digitals.

Ive lost 5 kilos but feel like im back at the start!! Nevermind..

On measure up
My Belly is down to 54.5 inches from 57 inches at the start - Loss of 2.5 inches
And my Moobs are down to 50 inches from 52.5 inches at the start - Loss of 2.5 inches
It's the loss that's the important bit - well done!
You're doing great @RobMorris

Well done! :like: :like: :like: :heart:
5kg? Consider yourself lucky: I went up by 10kg when I changed scales! That was a shock I can tell you! I had to get Moogie to add 10kg to all my weigh in data on the tracker! But at least I feel they're more reliable and I'm fairly sure I won't get a shock when I get weighed at the doctor's!

But, still, it's only numbers...it's the change that's important! Well done.
I have hit a plateau..
I have not dropped any weight for 2 weeks now?
I did start weight training 2 weeks ago also.
Could I be replacing lost fat weight with gained muscle weight?
My jeans are nearly falling down today!
Hi,
No expert but it sounds like even though the scales haven't changed the fact that your jeans are falling down means you're losing weight :-) And I understood muscle mass does weigh more than fat. I'd go with what your clothes are telling you - if they're looser you're losing - simples!
Hey Rob
Congratulations on starting weight training, a month from now you will say: "Why didn't I start this sooner?"
Start measuring your waist, even if "trousers never lie" :D
Apart from muscle gain, muscles after training ("in repair") soak a lot of water said in a popular way. Every time I train hard, I gain some weight. Then it comes off again of course. But it's not a free ride, I don't know if you count calories on your normal days? - But take care the more training doesn't end up being "wasted" by too many calories going in - A situation I've tried many times.
Thanks Olsen - I do need to be better on feed days.

I guess I am doing one thing at a time..
Phase 1 getting the fast days locked down. -DONE!
Phase 2 getting exercise on board. -Nearly there..
Phase 3 sorting more feed day food intake. -Needs big improvement!

I am half way through Phase 2..
Hi Rob. Regard the calories you use doing weights as a bonus, but don't replace them with too much food such as protein bars and sports drinks. Having said that, I train in the morning on a fast day and eat two boiled eggs afterwards (and drink lots of water) as I have experienced muscle cramps later in the day if I don't eat some protein. If I have done a particular strenuous session I don't include them in my calorie count. At night I eat a chicken/vegetable stir fry or a Vietnamese beef/dumpling broth.
I had a nice weigh in today
124.8kgs / 275lbs
Which is 2.2kgs / 4.84lbs loss since last weigh in a month ago.
Slow and steady..
Congratulations @RobMorris! :like:
Sometimes I think of changing something, like weight loss, like pushing a very large boulder. It's almost impossible to move at first, but once you get it rolling, it keeps getting easier.
I realised I hadnt had a measure up for a while.
So this morning I pulled the tape measure out.
Across my belly button waist is now 54inches down from 57 inches - Loss of 3 inches from Jan 1st.
And around my chest (moobs!) is now 49inches down from 52.5inches - Loss of 3.5 inches from Jan 1st
Im pretty happy with that so far.
78 posts Page 5 of 6