The FastDay Forum

Progress Diaries & Journals

Please just one thread per member here, which you can keep updated with your progress!
If you want to celebrate reaching a goal, or commiserate over a less productive week please use the 'Delighted or Disappointed?' forum instead.

126 posts Page 7 of 9
Previous 1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 Next
Re: LastChance's Progress....
26 Apr 2013, 11:30
Well done! Way to go!!
26 Apr 2013, 11:58
Fantastic LastChance ! Enjoy the weekend ...
26 Apr 2013, 12:10
That's a real mile-stone :wink:

Congratulations LastChance!
26 Apr 2013, 12:39
Welcome to the 'one-stone-off' club LastChance! :victory:
26 Apr 2013, 12:49
Welshies, brougham, dominic & Jemima,

Many thanks for your comments!
27 Apr 2013, 12:35
That is truly excellent, thrilled for you :) :)
02 May 2013, 06:07
Confession time :-(

I cheated on two fast days last week. There were some roast chicken legs (done sweet'n sour with marmalade) that were just crying out "take me! take me!" .. so I did. :lol: On another fast day last week, I had a peanut butter sandwich. Lately both my wife and I have been feeling pretty tired, probably due to a combination of 4:3ing it and frequent trips to the gym. So after some discussion, we've decided to drop 4:3 and go back to 5:2. This weekend as a 'reward' for progress to date it's off out for a meal somewhere she knows (in Bath). :grin:

Talking of the gym. I overdid it last Sunday. Went to the gym and made the mistake of pushing it too hard and raising my pulse too high to 80-90% of max (220-age). Then in the afternoon I went out for a short bike ride - Oh and it was a fast day. It's taking me a couple of days to recover! So I must try and keep my pulse down to 70-75% of max when doing those gym sessions...
02 May 2013, 06:11
Why confession? You haven't done anything wrong :) A wee bit of overeating isn't a hanging offence. ANd your gym record is one to be proud of. Keep up the good work- you and mrs LastChance are doing great!
Enjoy your meal out in Bath.
Was there last summer and I was really taken with it. Had a lovely meal sitting outside beside the Abbey, classical guitarist playing. Very continental :D And extremely good pea and mint soup...
02 May 2013, 06:26
2nd fast yest and overall I've lost 5 llbs ! Very happy ! I know I'll put on at least a pound by tomorrow but that should balance by Sunday ! Hoping to loose 3 ! Xx
05 Jun 2013, 15:31
Hi folks!

It's been more than a month so I thought it time I gave a quick update.

The month of May was baaaad :-( Too much stress, too much comfort eating and too much alcohol on feed days; and too many fast days when I cheated; all capped off with too little exercise (only got to the gym 10 times and stopped lunchtime walks at work).

So the inevitable happened and I had a months 'consolidation' (i.e. a Plateau). I didn't put any weight on which is just totally surprising. I had last week off work and got going again with the walking and trips to the gym. I've also been out on my bike increasing each trips distance by 25% every week so currently up to 12 miles.

The other thought I had last month was to stop weighing myself regularly, to stop logging it here and to try to not be obsessive about this WOL : this didn't work for me! So I'm back and back to weighing after every fast day. My sights are now firmly set on the next half-stone.

Just got back from the gym and did the following which is my current regular pattern at present.

Target: Slow and long
Exercise Bike: 1 minute, no pedaling, pulse at the end = 77
Exercise Bike: 160 calories, cadence 85+, heart rate target <110 average
Stepper/cross trainer: 160 calories, HR <120
Elliptical/cross Trainer: 180 calories HR<135
Treadmill (walking at an incline): 300 calories. Contant Pulse Rate (CPR) protocol, target HR = 125
Total Calories: 800
Fixed weight machines: 15 (5 or so between each of the cardio sets).
Time in gym: 2.5+ hours

During the last month or so, the big change for me at the gym is to target much lower heart rate training zones when doing the cardio. This seems to be working in that for the same HR target the levels/gradients are increasing, or for the same settings the pulse rate is falling. So for the first time, I'm seeing real, measurable improvements.

Progress to date: 7.08kgs/15.61lbs lost since starting 18 weeks 5 days ago. An average of 0.834lbs lost per week.

So I've fallen below the "one lb a week on average", but planning on getting this back on track....
05 Jun 2013, 15:54
Welcome back LastChance. :)
06 Jun 2013, 19:28
Good to see you back LastChance, wondered where you had go to!
08 Jun 2013, 08:31
Betsysgr8 & Dragonbirdy,

Many thanks!

"wondered where you had go to!"

Life throwing a curve ball yet again:-(

It's good to be back :-)
19 Jun 2013, 05:59
Progress to date: 7.26kgs/16.01lbs lost since starting 20 weeks 5 days ago. An average of 0.773lbs lost per week.

Fallen behind the 1lb a week target, but still heading in the right direction, but somewhat more slowly at present ;-)
19 Jun 2013, 06:14
Hey Fast chance - look into interval training - it takes 20 minutes 3X per week - you will get faster results - you don't need that much cardio - concentrate on the lifting using machines - muscle weighs more than fat and it will distribute your body much quicker even if the the scale doesn't change alot you are gaining muscle which gives a firmer body - it isn't what we weigh it is our fat percentage that will ultimately give us the body we all want. If you weight 300 pounds and wore a size 6 dress would you care? good luck - I am only losing about 1# per week and that works for me. I am going to be hiring a personal trainer for a few weeks to get my interval really working well.
Previous 1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 Next
126 posts Page 7 of 9