The FastDay Forum

Progress Diaries & Journals

Please just one thread per member here, which you can keep updated with your progress!
If you want to celebrate reaching a goal, or commiserate over a less productive week please use the 'Delighted or Disappointed?' forum instead.

126 posts Page 6 of 9
Previous 1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 Next
Re: LastChance's Progress....
13 Apr 2013, 15:26
Well done, LastChance! I really admire the way you stick to your exercise routine! Have you always done it or did you start exercising when you started 5:2?

I have seen many posts indicating that a lot of people have noticed changes in cravings, either a reduction or a complete absence. A few alcohol-free days a week can only be an improvement from a health point of view and alcohol is high in calories too, so it's a win - win situation!

Keep up the good work! I think I better go and blow the dust off an old exercise video!
14 Apr 2013, 10:23
StowgateResident wrote: Well done, LastChance! I really admire the way you stick to your exercise routine! Have you always done it or did you start exercising when you started 5:2?

Hi StowgateResident,

I've 're-started' since commencing with the 5:2 WOE. I haven't exercised much during the last 3-4 years, since I (a) did my back in clearing rubbish and junk out the garden and then (b)tripped down stairs at work landing awkwardly on my ankle. Both these took a long time to recover from. I started exercising again last July, but faded away in the Autumn. I picked up on Dr MM's "walk everywhere" and him walking the Tran-Penine way during his 5 weeks on the "5:2". So I believe keeping active at least seems implicit to this WOL.

BW
14 Apr 2013, 10:51
Not a weigh day, but another trip to the Gym this morning. :smile:

Target: Hard and Spikey!
Exercise Bike: 1 minute, no pedalling, pulse at the end = 78
Exercise Bike: 160 calories
Stepper: 160 calories
Cross Trainer: 160 calories
Treadmill (walking at an incline): 320 calories
Total Calories: 800
Fixed weight machines: 12 (4 or more between each of the cardio).
Time in gym: 2+ hours

Yesterday's easy session went well, I intended doing the same again. But from the Get-Go it turned into a Hard and Spikey session. On the exercise bike I kept the level low and pulse in the 120-130 zone whilst aiming for a target cadence of 90. This was going well, I'd been reading that it's good to do short sessions with the cadence at 105-110, so I did a few of these and was sensible and lowered the level even further, but my pulse was 140+, but it was fun! So I threw caution to the wind and decided to increase the calorie target and do some harder intervals and see how it went! So for the remaining cardio machines I had one or two 30-60 second hard session and got the "Your heart rate is too high" warning messages. But I noticed that my recovery from these was much quicker than a while ago. I eased off on the weights and whilst trying to do 2 sets of 12 reps, I wasn't bothered if the second set was 8 or so. Finally the treadmill. I went a bit nutz! I was having fun triggering the pulse rate warning, then seeing how high I could get it (157) and how quickly it came back down (and remember that I'm just walking!!!)

I think today's 'hard and spikey' session went well as a result of and because of yesterday's easy "recuperative session". Anyhow, tomorrow is a 'recovery day'

Today is a fast day - so just had two poached eggs on toast :grin: and a nice filter coffee and what the hec, with milk
14 Apr 2013, 11:11
that's really good last chance monitering the feed days is going to work for you and your wife!
15 Apr 2013, 05:53
Progress to date: 6.26kg/13.8lbs in 11 weeks 3 days, Avg 1.207 lbs lost per week.

:grin:
15 Apr 2013, 05:56
LastChance wrote: Progress to date: 6.26kg/13.8lbs in 11 weeks 3 days, Avg 1.207 lbs lost per week.

You must be feeling really fab, well done you :smile:
15 Apr 2013, 06:08
LastChance wrote: Progress to date: 6.26kg/13.8lbs in 11 weeks 3 days, Avg 1.207 lbs lost per week.

Nice one! :like:
18 Apr 2013, 15:37
Hi folks!

Second fast day of the week and first trip to the gym (and only possible 'cos I took a few hours leave this pm)...

Target: Slow and long (pulse <130)
Exercise Bike: 1 minute, no pedalling, pulse at the end = 72
Exercise Bike: 150 calories
Stepper: 150 calories
Cross Trainer: 150 calories
Treadmill (walking at an incline): 250 calories
Total Calories: 700
Fixed weight machines: 13 (4 or more between each of the cardio).
Time in gym: 2+ hours

All went to plan and I managed to pace all the cardio machines at around 125 bpm. So 4 trips in the last 7 days.

I've been getting a few crazy ideas lately, one of which is to start using my bike to get to work (particularly as my employer is putting up the car parking permit fees to 0.8% of my gross salary). Anyhow, I bought some "Muc-Off" which cleaned it up a treat and revealed bits of chrome that I haven't seen in years. But the handlebar tape was in pieces as was a front tyre. So I got some replacements and have slowly been trying to sort it out over the last couple of evenings. Wrapping the handlebars with the new tape was fun! Youtube has a gadzillion videos showing how this is done. But what they don't show you is how to get the decayed gunk of the old tape off. Luckily this bike is (like me) somewhat long in the tooth and the bars are alloy. So after picking most of the old tape off, I then used some wire wool and virgin olive oil which actually worked a treat! I haven't taken it out for a spin-yet, but am thinking of doing some 15 minute around the neighbourhood circuits to get my backside used to it again before thinking about commuting on it. Probably could do with a proper service first...

I went a bit Over-The-Top food-wise on the Monday & Wednesday feed days this week :frown: So it should be 'an interesting' weigh-in day tomorrow when I can see what damage I've done :bugeyes:
19 Apr 2013, 05:37
Progress to date: 6.26kg/13.8lbs in 12 weeks 0 days, Avg 1.15 lbs lost per week

Same as Monday, but down on last Friday. So chuffed to bits!
19 Apr 2013, 14:58
Gym stats

Target: Moderate Intensity (pulse Avg 135)
Exercise Bike: 1 minute, no pedalling, pulse at the end = 82
Treadmill (walking at an incline): 250 calories
Total Calories: 700
Time in gym: <2 hours

Working at a higher intensity meant that I got through the session quicker.
21 Apr 2013, 11:15
Yesterday I had to go to a family get together in Presteigne, drove there the scenic way (A44 Worcester > Leominster), then drove back the more scenic way (Hereford > Monmouth > Tintern > Chepstow), but the old Severn bridge was shut which was a Pita. Anyhow, lots to eat and drink! So..

Fasting today! and Gym first thing!

Target: Easy intensity (pulse Avg <<125)
Treadmill (walking at an incline): 300 calories
Total Calories: 750
Time in gym: <2 hours

Really pleased that I kept the pulse to 118-125 zone :-)
22 Apr 2013, 20:44
Weight was up a pound and a bit this morning :frown:

Which is the perfect excuse to hit the gym! :grin:

Target: Moderate Intensity (pulse 135-145)
Exercise Bike: 180 calories
Stepper: 180 calories
Cross Trainer: 200 calories
Treadmill (walking at an incline): 440 calories
Total Calories: 1000
Fixed weight machines: 14 (4 or more between each of the cardio).
Time in gym: >2.25 hours

So, went a bit nutz and upped the intensity and duration of exercise so that I hit 1000 cals overall... Then had a double whopper and large fries for diner :oops:
22 Apr 2013, 21:01
I have just read a few of your posts and really enjoyed the last two sentences!!
I do a daily power walking session - getting longer and more intense each day with two sessions a week in the gym using the treadmill, cross trainer and exercise bike for 3 x 2 minute intense sessions that really raise my pulse rate and then some arm and leg exercises. The machines haven't been calibrated properly so I have to take my pulse before and after to get some idea!

PS I had a chicken burger with thick fries this evening - yummy!
22 Apr 2013, 21:43
" I had a chicken burger with thick fries this evening - yummy!"

Sometimes you just gotta do what you gotta do. (but I probably shouldn't of had the cheese on toast that my son made for me!)
26 Apr 2013, 06:33
Whoo Hoo! First stone gone :lol:

Progress to date: 6.8kg/14.9lbs in 13 weeks 0 days, Avg 1.153 lbs lost per week
Previous 1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 Next
126 posts Page 6 of 9