The FastDay Forum

Progress Diaries & Journals

Please just one thread per member here, which you can keep updated with your progress!
If you want to celebrate reaching a goal, or commiserate over a less productive week please use the 'Delighted or Disappointed?' forum instead.

126 posts Page 5 of 9
Previous 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 Next
Re: LastChance's Progress....
29 Mar 2013, 14:09
Well done,

I weighed myself this morning and the overall is 16lb loss in 11 weeks - really impressed with that. The weekly ups and downs were getting me down but the bigger picture is really good.
30 Mar 2013, 10:50
Hi Wildmissus,

wildmissus wrote: I weighed myself this morning and the overall is 16lb loss in 11 weeks - really impressed with that. The weekly ups and downs were getting me down but the bigger picture is really good.

Wow! A 16 lb loss in 11 weeks is excellent. Way above the 1lb a week average for the forum as a whole... You are so right about the "weekly ups and downs", focus on the big picture.

BW
30 Mar 2013, 11:06
Not weighing today. It's another Fast-day. Got to the gym by 8:00 this morning... almost didn't go, but so glad I did! :grin:

Went to the gym early this morning :-

Exercise Bike: 1 minute, no pedalling, pulse at the end = 67
Exercise Bike: 150 calories
Stepper: 150 calories
Cross Trainer: 150 calories
Treadmill (walking at an incline): 300 calories
Total Calories: 750
Fixed weight machines: About 12 (4 between each of the cardio).
Time in gym: 1 hour 50 minutes

The 'resting pulse' at the start of 67 was a new record low for me. This seems to be trending downwards. The rest of the session went well. I found I could increase the levels on the cardio machines without my pulse flying up out of control. So I completed the calorie targets quicker.

I'm enjoying this mixing up of the cardio and weights, the sessions seem to go quicker whilst being more enjoyable.
31 Mar 2013, 05:39
OMG! A big drop since Friday morning (2.6lbs)!! :shock:

Progress to date: 5.26kg/11.6lbs in 9 weeks 2 days. Avg 1.249lbs lost per week.
31 Mar 2013, 09:47
Back from the gym:

Exercise Bike: 1 minute, no pedalling, pulse at the end = 74
Treadmill (walking at an incline): 250 calories
Total Calories: 700
Time in gym: 1 hour 55 minutes

This was the third consecutive day at the gym, I took it 'easier' and lowered the levels on the cardio. I had to enter a Kg less weight when setting these up, but kept the same calorie burning target...

Going to have brunch shortly: toasted hot cross buns, coffee and porridge with raspberries... :grin:

Happy Easter to All!
31 Mar 2013, 12:16
Enjoy your lunch. After all that exercise - you deserve it!

I'm off to have lunch, despite having had no exercise - unless you count browsing the forum as exercise!
31 Mar 2013, 12:23
StowgateResident wrote: Enjoy your lunch. After all that exercise - you deserve it!

Many thanks StowgateResident. Had the brunch, now it's time for lunch! So its M&S minestrone soup with cheese on toast. Later it will be Roast lamb and apple crumble for diner this evening! Shan't be weighing tomorrow :grin:
01 Apr 2013, 10:48
A quiet feed day today and so no trip to the gym. Anyhow, I need a rest day after 3 on the trot, but I do seem to be missing it.

Blood Pressure: Something that's crossed my mind lately as worth monitoring is blood pressure. Pity I didn't do this from the beginning. I'm thinking it may be an idea to track this every month. Anyhow, we have one of those Boots BP monitors:

BP: 122 over 72 with a pulse of 63.
01 Apr 2013, 11:23
BBT053 wrote: Very good bp.

Many thanks BBT053, wasn't sure... Just been reading:-

http://www.bloodpressureuk.org/BloodPressureandyou/Thebasics/Bloodpressurechart

There's a number of useful articles and vids on this site.
02 Apr 2013, 18:26
Another fast day today and back to work after the long Easter weekend. Two poached eggs on toast and a bowl of raspberries for breakfast. Went for a 30 minute brisk walk lunchtime and then after work hit the gym:

Exercise Bike: 1 minute, no pedalling, pulse at the end = 83
Time in gym: 1 hour 45 minutes

It felt a lot weaker doing this session at the end of the fast day rather than at the beginning of a feed or fast day, but it was enjoyable none the less.

Just had diner: salmon, green beans and vine cherry tomatoes. It was wonderful, how on earth can this be called 'Fasting'? :grin:
06 Apr 2013, 11:22
Been feeling sick the last couple of days. Woke up yesterday and stomach and gut felt bloated. But this got progressively worse as the day went on and turned into discomfort, so took a few hours AL off in the afternoon to rest. :frown:

Felt a bit better this morning so went to the gym. Which was probably a daft thing to do, but what the hec! I lowered the resistance on all the cardio machines, but as I use a calorie target, it just took a bit longer to complete. I started trying to spin the pedals with a higher cadence on the exercise bike (aiming for 90ish) rather than my usual 68-72.

Exercise Bike: 1 minute, no pedalling, pulse at the end = 82
Fixed weight machines: 13 (4 or more between each of the cardio).
Time in gym: 2 hours

Progress to date: 4.99 kg/11 lbs in 10 weeks 1 day. 1.085 lbs per week.
07 Apr 2013, 12:46
Gym again this morning!

Exercise Bike: 1 minute, no pedalling, pulse at the end = 77

And it's a Fast day today Whoo Hoo!! After the gym it was a fajita for brunch and tonight it's a chicken caesar salad.
12 Apr 2013, 14:25
This morning my weight was 1 lb lower than last Friday, but a couple of pounds up on Monday morning... Had a very bad migraine on Monday, with a full blown visual 'aura'. I thought something was up when 'Jupiter' appeared in my field of vision, soon joined by other weird and wonderful visual distortions. Had to take the day off sick, and take it easy for few days.

It was quiet in work today, so took some time off this pm and hit the gym... :smile:

Exercise Bike: 1 minute, no pedalling, pulse at the end = 77
13 Apr 2013, 10:47
Went to the Gym first thing:

Target: Slow and long
Exercise Bike: 1 minute, no pedalling, pulse at the end = 73
Time in gym: 2+ hours

Yesterday was a hard session, so I took it very easy today. The aim being to keep the pulse below 130. I failed on the 'stepper' gadget and it crept up to 142 briefly. This meant that the cardio took slightly longer as the calorie targets were the same. On the fixed weight machines I lowered the settings slightly. The session went well and I feel better for dropping the intensity a lot.

I was suprised by this mornings weigh-in as yesterday was a feed day. I don't normally weigh on a Saturday, but yesterday had gone well food and alcohol wise. Diner was a Hairy Biker's Chicken Korma, then we had a snack mid evening of sliced banana, halved strawberries and raspberries, together with some blue berries and grapes, all neatly presented on a white rectangular plate. This made a complete change from the more usual, dry roast peanuts, a couple of Stellas, followed by a cheese and Branston sandwich. Anyhow, I didn't have any cravings for either alcohol or naughty nibbles! So was keen to see the effect and found that today's weigh-in was a new lowest to date. :grin:

Cravings: I thought it worthwhile emphasising that lately I'm noticing a great reduction in cravings for Alcohol and Food (and in particular naughty carb laden nibbles). I've struggled with both over the years. During the last 3 weeks I'm up to several nights a week without alcohol and I have to be honest and say I wasn't anticipating this. It's not that I'm using 'will power' or 'discipline', it's simply that I just don't want or get cravings for them. If this feeling was a pill, I think folks would pay mega bucks for it. Not to get cravings for alcohol is a huge personal triumph for me. Are others noticing this?

Progress to date: 5.53 kg/12.19 lbs lost in 11 weeks 1 days. Avg 1.094lbs lost per week.
Previous 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 Next
126 posts Page 5 of 9