The FastDay Forum

The 5:2 Lab

78 posts Page 1 of 6
:announce: Calling all 5:2ers who would like to help with our research into why some people lose weight fast while others struggle! Over in the nerdy section we have been compiling a questionnaire which we hope will help us to find the answers to this question.
:geek:

We would love everyone to fill in our questionnaire but particularly need help from women who are losing slower than 1.36 kg per month (3lb per month) or faster than 2.86 kg per month (6.3 lb) and from men who are losing less than 2.0 kg/month (4.85 lb) or more than 5.22 kg/month (11.5 lb).

• If you are not in these categories please still fill in the questionnaire!
  • You will need to have been following the fast diet for at least a month before you fill in the questionnaire as we need a month's worth of data!

If you would like to help us with the questionnaire, please download a copy:
Questionnaire in Word format if you cannot read Microsoft Word files, here is a (not as pretty) text only version: Questionnaire in text only format

Please save the file to your computer, fill in the answers and then email the file to the following address:
    52fastdietforum<at>gmail.com
    replacing the <at> with the proper symbol! (anti-spammer measure :confused: )

:!: Rest assured your responses will remain anonymous!

The more responses we get the more chance we have of working out the best 5:2 strategy, so please tell your friends too!
Oops! Just spotted some typos in the questionnaire...fixed now! Apologies to any who have already downloaded! :oops:
Hi Caroline, when the questionnaire says 'What has been your average change per week in the last month...' do you want the answers to be for the last month (i.e. up to our most recent personal weigh-in) or to relate specifically to the period covered by the last group weigh-in?
I think either is fine...after all it shouldn't make too much difference I would imagine? Whichever is easiest to find! I did the last month from my last weigh-in on the progress tracker as that data is the easiest to find!
Done- thanks Caroline
I have changed to 16/8 IF this week and will probably follow that for a bit so not strictly 5:2 just now. Does that invalidate me?
Have you got data for when you were doing 5:2? If so, it would be good if you could complete the questionnaire for your 5:2 period! Thanks!
Hope I did it right!
Good luck with all the research.
Hardly lost anything in the last 4 weeks - why have I not realised this before now :curse: for the first time today I've ruined a fast day - someone brought in donuts at work and I caved in. Ho hum.... another day tomorrow ..... pick myself up and sort myself out :shame: Thanks to all involved in the questionnaire and the number crunching it's going to cause
keep them coming in - it's handy if you can add a few characters to the file name or personalise the file name in some way before emailing it in, in case we get muddled and lose track of which files have been processed etc.

Over 25 responses so far, thanks.
PhilT wrote: keep them coming in - it's handy if you can add a few characters to the file name or personalise the file name in some way before emailing it in, in case we get muddled and lose track of which files have been processed etc.

Over 25 responses so far, thanks.

Seconded! Ideally we need over 100 *gulp*!
Help! I cannot fill it in - I can download it and read it but it will not accept me filling it. how do I remedy this?
dhana wrote: Help! I cannot fill it in - I can download it and read it but it will not accept me filling it. how do I remedy this?

Which version did you download, what are you using to edit it, etc.....

If your web browser opens the file in view mode it's better to download it by right clicking and doing a "Save link as..." or whatever the equivalent is in your software, then open the file from where it downloaded to in order to edit it.
I had a bit of difficulty filling it out at first, til I realized that I was filling out the 'internet' viewed form and not the 'saved' form.

Sent and I did rename it for easier identification.

Good luck with the data and hopefully there will be some excellent useful information forthcoming soon.
Just sent mine, added my forum name to the file name.
Really looking forward to seeing the results so I do hope lots of people submit their questionnaire.
78 posts Page 1 of 6