The FastDay Forum

Getting Sweaty! Exercise & Fitness

491 posts Page 7 of 33
Previous 1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 ... 33 Next
Did a Total Tone class at the gym followed by aquacize this morning and still felt full of energy so managed a 25 minute walk this afternoon too!
I used to do about 1 hour or 90 minutes total daily of walking/slow jogging in place but last week, which was the week I started the fasting, I basically did nothing except walking laps around my office. I wear a body bugg (fitness tracker), so I am confronted with the reality of the sloth. I don't know if it was because I was tired from fasting, or because I don't know how to incorporate extra activity into this WOE, or if it's because I was so cold last week in my apartment.

This week I'm out late every single night, so I don't know how to get in exercise. I have to get back into the habit soon, because it's not something I'm keen on, but I feel much better when I'm active.
Another trudge from my door of around 4 or 5 miles. The route included the nearby main road which gets gritted. The back roads don't, and stretches with black ice required care.
Borderline whether it was jogging or walking today, but given yesterday's black ice I walked the route. Only one iffy stretch, so maybe tomorrow.
Sadly, my running days are over, and I use to enjoy it too. That good feeling high you get when you finish a good run was awesome. I've been battling bursitis in my left hip the last few years and the running had to go. I do get out and hike and walk my dog a lot. Also, I do yoga every day except Sunday, light weights every other day and abdominal exercises on the next day. The yoga stretches helps my bursitis, but I also take fish oil for it too. Today, I've already completed my yoga and light weight exercises and getting ready to take my dog for a walk in a few minutes. Hope everyone will have a great day today!
OH fancied a half-day in Hexham, so I hitched a ride, left him alone to shop and trawl the charity shops and went for a brisk walk. From Tescos, past the cemetery as far as the A69, then on the way back walk round the cemetery, then down the lane leading to the golf club, down to the railway and back through an industrial estate. An Aldi shop brought me up to 11 km.

I even jogged short stretches, but was wearing too many layers and the wrong shoes to go for it. Walked round the cemetery as I thought running would be disrespectful.

Q. If you organized a Marathan in a cemetery, what might you call it?
I believe there is a running group called The Coffin Dodgers, that would be a good title for the cemetery marathon!

I walked 8 miles in 2:03 today on quiet country roads, close to the scene of my 30th Dec setback walk - no problems today, no trekking pole for support either. Hoping to jog parkrun again on Saturday and maybe get close to 30 mins. Maybe even keep up with MrsPete!
That's a good one @creakypete. I came up with "the Quick and the Dead".

First jog today for a fortnight. 5 miles, very little walking. My jogging partner developed a corn. Agonising, so we will have to see if she is fit next week.
6.2 mile jog today. Colder than yesterday, so ice on back roads was an issue. By jogging gingerly in places I must have saved some energy so only walked a very few stretches. Hope to eliminate the walking on this route soon.
Road walk from Penrith through Eamont Bridge and Brougham. Warmer and cloudy.
2.5 mile walk to the pub, where we had Sunday lunch, and then 2.9 mile walk back. :angel: I am now officially shattered, bearing in mind that before my Fitbit, I wouldn't even walk to the end of the road and back (one mile) without complaining! :shame:
Went out for a brisk 3.9 mile walk today. Planning on going out cycling for an hour or so over lunchtime tomorrow - my first ever Fast Day :confused:
Good luck for tomorrow, @lazyfatboy. Just keep busy tomorrow, drink plenty of no-calorie fluids and remember that hunger pangs will go away if you ignore them. They don't just keep getting worse so don't give in to them! :clover:
There will be a daily 'Fasting Today' thread and it's quite motivating to use that. I hope that you have entered your stats on the Tracker - you don't have to make it public if you prefer not to - and most people measure as many bits of their body as they can when they start because sometimes that can reassure you that the fasting is working, even when the scales tell a different story!
Thanks @StowgateResident
I have my first black coffee of the day sat beside me plus a large glass of water.
Support from here had better watch out.
:grin:
I'm very happy to be posting in this thread again after over a week off (bad back). Yesterday was swimming; today was weight lifting (a dialed it back a notch and didn't do anything that might aggravate my back). Yay!
Previous 1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 ... 33 Next
491 posts Page 7 of 33