The FastDay Forum

Getting Sweaty! Exercise & Fitness

491 posts Page 5 of 33
Previous 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 33 Next
Another very windy day so I did what was essentially Wednesday's walk in reverse. I could do a slightly longer route in this area which avoids a narrow road with several blind corners, but was pushed for time. I was much safer anyway as I bought a padded hi-vis jacket which was windproof, rainproof, had large zip pockets and kept me toasty. Ideal for winter road walks.
No walk yesterday and none today either. I went out to do the grocery shopping and by the time I had returned and filled eight bird feeders and fed/watered the chickens I was freezing! I needed to get a casserole in the oven so very little exercise for me today! :cry:
Weather is still vile so bundled myself up and got it over with. I walked my 8.2k jogging route in reverse. This 10,000 steps a day lark forces you out into some unlikely weather. It was not heavy rain; there were dry spells; but there was LOTS of fresh air. :lol:
It was a lovely morning in the South East and I walked just under 6 miles, then shifted 10 barrow loads of manure onto a very long flower bed. I'm now going to soak in a Jo Malone scented bath, with my Jo Malone candle burning and have a glass of Prosecco. Bliss :smile:
It's been a blue sky day here in the Fens but the wind is very chilly! My husband and I bundled ourselves up and went for a three mile walk. Our reward at the end was a bowl of soup with bread each and a chocolate brownie and a slice of lemon drizzle cake, which we shared so that we could have a piece of each. I don't think that I will be doing a roast dinner this evening! :smile:
I'm glad you shared the cakes @Stowgateresident I'd have had a hard job choosing between them.
A long cycle ride on Sat and strength training on Sun. Today is HIT day.
Ive only just discovered this thread.

I got highly motivated by this woman this morning on Ausssie TV show, Sunrise.. Emily Skye
https://au.tv.yahoo.com/sunrise/video/w ... ness-star/
Today I stretched it to 21 mins on the Cross Trainer to get to a theoretical calorie burn of 200 , I know its just a number but it is a nice round number :smile:
Windy again, but also mostly dry. OH wanted a lift to Carlisle, so I clocked up steps walking around. I avoided the central shops this time and did a circuit of the back streets, the path by the river Eden, Bitts Park, the Sheepmount, the castle and the cathedral.
An hour of Pilates and then ambling around the shops. Not going to make my steps target today and the rower is still in the store room where it was banished over Christmas because we needed the space! Ho hum!
In retrospect it could have been a jogging day but my friend Met Office said it was going to feel like 1C, so I bundled up and did a 90 minute brisk walk which my pedometer told me was 9.5 k but I suspect was really about 5.5 miles. It is spot on counting steps, but mileage may vary, however much I tinker with slight changes to my stride length.
I did 25 mins on the Cross Trainer looking out at the rain, then the rain cleared up and OH and I went for a brisk 6.5 mile walk at Bedgebury Forest. Not bad on an empty stomach on a Fast Day even if we did get caught in a heavy 10 minute shower.
The first challenging day of the year with snow and icy roads. We cancelled the jog. I walked the Village Round early on, then my jogging partner collected me from home and drove us down to the Watermill for tea and a natter. I walked home a long way round and got up to 12,000 steps. Roads were mostly thawed,by then except in the shadows of trees.
Yesterday I dug out a 'Ball and band' video which I have had for years and never used! After it taking the combined efforts of my husband and I to set up our DVD player (which we never use), I gave it a go. I am so glad no-one was watching as I rolled off the ball, fell off the ball, couldn't stretch the band past my waist and certainly couldn't co-ordinate my hands and feet! It took quite a long time to do as I was constantly having to rewind and watch bits again. I also couldn't get into the starting positions for each exercise as fast as the super-fit couple demonstrating! However, I persisted and felt mildly pleased with myself for completing level 1. I plan to do half of level 1 tomorrow and the other half on Saturday. I know that if I try to do the whole thing every day, I will very soon give it up, so I am taking 'baby steps' in the hope that I can keep it up for more than a couple of days.
Today I walked 2.6 miles, despite the biting wind, so am feeling that at least I have done something today!
Keep on, keeping on, folks! :smile:
Previous 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 33 Next
491 posts Page 5 of 33