The FastDay Forum

Progress Diaries & Journals

Please just one thread per member here, which you can keep updated with your progress!
If you want to celebrate reaching a goal, or commiserate over a less productive week please use the 'Delighted or Disappointed?' forum instead.

301 posts Page 20 of 21
Previous 1 ... 17, 18, 19, 20, 21 Next
Re: After the first whole year
20 Jan 2015, 09:11
It's still rough and probably will be for some time. For the first time there is a fear of where this year will go...

Anyway... I didn't properly fast since Christmas. I did a mix between 16:8 and a fast, have breakfast and nothing else until dinner around 6:00PM. It's more a 1000 cal day than a 500 cal a day but I did that from monday through friday, basically. I was a bit worried about the results but I didn't put on weight (except the 5 kilos I put on when I barely ate, which I lost as quickly as they came). It seems that it was the right way to go this time. I tried to do a proper fast but couldn't. Around 2:00PM, food would be an obsession and I HAD TO eat something and, as I was struggling it would become worse and worse. I would eat something like ham or a natural yogurt and then I would be starving for the rest of the day and count the hours before dinner. That's when I decided to try to have a proper breakfast and keep it cool until 6:ooPM, 2 hours before my actual dinner time.

Next step, get rid of the back fat which goes up when I put the corset on, and all the extra skin I still have and makes me look like an old prune.... Any suggestions ?
20 Jan 2015, 12:30
Manderley wrote: Next step, get rid of the back fat which goes up when I put the corset on, and all the extra skin I still have and makes me look like an old prune.... Any suggestions ?

I don't think it's possible to force the fat to go from one bit of your body apart from fasting reducing visceral fat. I guess the back fat is actually just part of the loose skin problem. I am finding that the loose skin is certainly gradually reducing but it takes time. I don't have an apron any more (as long as I don't bend over :oops: ) so it has certainly shrunk a lot. Not sure how much more I can hope for at my age as the shrinkage following the weight loss meets the sagging skin from old age!!! :shock:
20 Jan 2015, 18:13
Not sure how much more I can hope for at my age as the shrinkage following the weight loss meets the sagging skin from old age!!!

@carorees, that is so true! My only hope is to choose clothes to cover up all the saggy bits. It's a shame veils aren't more fashionable! :smile:

@Manderley, are you sure it's actually fat and not just loose skin being forced over the top of your corset? I have the same problem with some of my bras- but not all of them.
21 Jan 2015, 12:26
I guess it's some extra skin as I wear the corset pretty tight... U really do hope it will get better because my thighs, tummy and breasts make me look like an old dry prune... :shock:
21 Jan 2015, 14:55
How about some back exercises to try and tone your back? I never thought about it before but my back is more toned when i swim regularly, and i'm stronger too!

That said i imagine that a corset would leave anyone with a bit of skin overhang!
24 Jan 2015, 11:13
I will, even if it has to wait 2 weeks as I can't do anything except walks, the reason is pretty simple, I'll explain in a minute :wink: .

I also have to tone up my legs, they really do look awful above the knees. Any suggestions except bicycle and walks ?

So I went to Paris Thursday. Took the train, had OH to pick me up with his motorbike and let me tell you that it's not easy to go on that thing when you're not 15 ! And what to tell you about the ride.... Woaw... To give you an idea, I compare it to a ride like Space Mountain at Disneyland Paris you have to move as little as possible and to keep your back against the thingy and try to not interfere in anyway. It's pretty rough, even more as it was freezing cold but the view was just beautiful. My favourite is, without a doubt, Notre Dame, and it's even more magnificent in the night :heart:

I did something crazy for someone my age, I had a piercing. A nipple piercing to be exact. Only one done for now as I need to keep one free for my man to play with :razz: . It was painful just when they pierced it but the kind of pain you have when you have your ears pierced, just a matter of seconds and after that, nothing. I have to clean it twice a day for the next 2 weeks, I am not allowed to do sports except walks and it will all be healed in 3 months. However, my skin reacts really really well to it, no weird side effects at all. And damn I love that thing , it's really really beautiful and I am looking forward for the next one :cool:

After a walk in Paris, we had dinner in a Lebanese restaurant. It was the first time for me, we had what they call a mezzé which is some dishes they keep putting on the table. In our case, about 8 :shock: . It was really really good and so different that what I am used to eat. Here's the link of the restauranthttp://www.mezzeduliban.com/

It was really really nice to go in my OH's place, for the first time in fact since the last 2 years, he's the one who usually comes to me. Even if I don't like Paris (and never have), I will go there more often, maybe once a month, and he still will come the other times. Next restaurant will be in Pigalle :grin:
24 Jan 2015, 11:55
Sounds like a trip you'll never forget!
24 Jan 2015, 13:30
Ouch, a nipple piercing! Really? I'm pleased that your visit to Paris is going so well and it sounds as if you are having a lovely time. I used to ride on the back of my husbands motor bike back in the 1960's when mini skirts were all the rage and I can remember freezing on a two-hour ride in the middle of winter. I was very pleased when we bought our first car!
Enjoy the rest of your Paris visit with your lovely man! :smile:
25 Jan 2015, 12:20
The piercing is my last year's birthday gift so it was long overdue (it's kind of difficult to find somewhere near my home where they do these kind of piercing). After that, in a few months, there will be a tattoo specially designed by my OH (I have already 2 tattoos, the oldest is 16 years old) :wink: I am a bit of a nutcase :cool: :grin:

Next week I will try to do one proper fast and one protein day. It's not to lose anything, just to see if it can help with my resolution to tone up a bit. If all goes well, I will do that kind of day from time to time, not every week, however as it can be boring. I am getting a bit bored by food these day and it's becoming a bit difficult to be excited by any kind of food, even the ones I love the most so I have some difficulties to eat at all. It happens 2 or 3 times a year when I don't feel any cravings and can even forget to eat. It takes about 1 week to go back to normal, pretty strange as all the tests my GP made tells us everything is fine. :confused: :bugeyes:
10 Feb 2015, 09:26
OH is away in Thailand and, of course, I had to get sick :confused: :bugeyes: I have a stomach flu so have to keep quiet for a few days and the irony is that my GP told me to eat carbs to ease my stomach : white bread, rice, potatoes. No salad, fruits, vegs or only mushy. The hardest thing will be no coffee or tea. I also crave citrus fruits, have some awsome blood oranges and tasty lemons and I can't have them right now which is really really frustrating :cry: Hopefully it will only last for a few days.... :clover:

It was my 2 years anniversary with OH last week and my 2 weeks dietiversary. Not fastiversary as I didn't began to fast before June that year but I began to try to lose weight at that time. When I met my OH I had the desire to begin to look after myself again. I let things go for a while, didn't care of the way I looked. I was single for more than 2 years by choice and didn't plan on meeting anybody. A few months before I met my OH by chance, he had to fight a bit to win me over and we took things slow. He liked me as I was but for the first time ever I wanted more. I wanted to be proud of myself, to be able to wear skirts and tights tops without looking ridiculous. I wanted to stop wearing clothes way too big for me and hide behind them. I also wanted to look sexy naked....... and it's really difficult to look sexy naked with 45 kgs to lose...

Since last anniversary nothing has really changed. I still fast 2 times a week, don't eat during the day if I know there is a heavy meal coming and will have only a treat a day. In the treats category goes 2 squares of good quality milk chocolate (can't stand black chocolate except crémant black chocolate you can only find in Switzerland), 2 gummy bears or a biscuit. I don't do low carbs as I love my bread and pastas too much but the pastas are wholegrain and I won't have heavy sauce with it. Just one cloud though, I am under the 18.50 BMI and had to work on my obsession about it. I have a new approach now, I am telling myself that I can gain the 500g missing with building some muscles :wink:

Once again, thank you all for your wonderful support and your kicks in my butt when needed. You're a big part of this victory :heart:

Here's one of the pics my OH sent me :heart:
JP.jpg
JP.jpg (74.63 KiB) Viewed 685 times
10 Feb 2015, 09:50
Get well soon @manderley and take good care of yourself. Are you just well enough to enjoy resting with a good book or DVDs, or just miserable?

Muscles sound like a good way to go. Do let us know your plan for growing some when you recover. Beautiful picture by the way.
10 Feb 2015, 14:05
@barbarita thanks. I am just sick enough to feel uncomfortable and need to rest for a while, hungry but without any idea on what to eat...
10 Feb 2015, 18:33
Get well soon Manderley :heart:
13 Feb 2015, 14:55
I am freaking out. Big time.

Still sick, I have to look after both my parents as my mother is still in bed and now my dad is sick. Just wondering how sick he is. You see, he had 3 cancers in 2003, which he got rid of and he has been cleared since. However I can't help but wondering if his extreme tiredness and the fact he has to stay in bed, which never happens, is because the cancer is back. We are waiting for blood analysis (my GP is very keen on that) and he didn't give him anything for now. Of course my dad has good reasons to be exhausted, he's taking care of my mother for more than a year now but still. Of course it could be "just" a flu, it seems that everyone has it one way or another these days, but why on earth the GP didn't give him anything yet ?

Of course, I could be in a freaking out mode because I am sick since the beginning of the week (it's better but not completely gone) and I have to play the nurse at my parents house half the day.....

Sorry for that, I really feel alone (my nephew told me "so what ? I can't do anything") and am a bit at the end of my rope right now.....
14 Feb 2015, 12:55
Good wishes and big hugs coming your way, @Manderley. You are not having a good start to 2015 and the situation probably seems worse because you are still not 100% fit yourself!
I can't remember how old your parents are but your father may well just have succumbed to a cold or flu because he is exhausted from caring for your mother and, if it is a viral infection, there may not be anything that your doctor can give him. I shall keep my fingers crossed for a good outcome from his blood tests. In the meantime, take care of yourself! :smile:
Previous 1 ... 17, 18, 19, 20, 21 Next
301 posts Page 20 of 21