The FastDay Forum

Weight Maintenance

107 posts Page 3 of 8
Previous 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 8 Next
This week without a fast (after 3 fasting weeks), as the lower limit of my maintenance range was in sight. Stable at 62,5.
Weight of 63 kg yesterday allowed for a fast this week. Must have been a lot of water involved, as weight today is below 62 (62 officially). Cold feet help in losing a lot of water.
Cold feet??
Low energy from fasting results in cold feet (in many cases for me that is), which results in frequent visits to the loo. Nice for the readings on the scales that day, but of no real help in the long term :smile:
Second week without fasting in a row. Weight is still in the lower range, but holidays are coming up , so always nice to have a buffer.
Back from holidays and no weight gain. Cycling for about 350 km would have helped. Plan to do a fast next Tuesday as my yearly blood measurements are coming up and I would like to get a picture of an 'average situation' (not on one after 5 weeks without fasting).
You do make maintaining seem easy! Well done!
No fast this week, being close to the lower maintenance limits. New blood values from the regular (yearly) measurement confirm that most results have been sustainable after 10 months of occasional fasting in maintenance, compared to 3 months strictly 5:2 on consecutive days. Most results stay the same, only LDL has gone somewhat up, but so has LDL, so ratio is more or less stable (as are Triglycerines). I will post the exact data in the NERDY section.

It's here: the-5-2-lab-f10/fasting-effects-on-bloodvalues-in-maintenance-t13007.html
Again no fast this week, so far only 11,5 this year (I just found out by tracing my updates). So, in order to facilitate keeping track:
Jan.: 1
Feb-Mar: 0
Apr.: 3
May: 2,5
Jun.: 3
Jul.: 1
Aug.: 1
Hi P-JK, you are a great success story for this WOL. :) I wonder if the fact that you do not have a history of dieting has been of help in the relative ease of both your weight loss and maintenance? I can't recall if you have ever been a binge eater, but also assume not?

Best wishes. :D
Hi @Sassy1,
Well causality is a difficult concept when the 'number of cases' equals 1, but in theory I would expect it to play a role. My BMI has never been higher than 25 (25.01, according to the tracker :smile: ). Weight has just been slowly creeping up with the years. To put it in a different way, I have always been eating close to my TDEE. With almost 12 kg lost my TDEE has been reduced in the order of 200 cals. I currently eat something like 150 cals less on a normal day than before fasting (one slice of bread less at lunch), so that leaves only a little to be conpensated by the occasional fast (and some room for cake and other treats on feast days). I like to eat good food at regular times, but never had the urge to eat in huge quantities (and don't like beer which might also help a lot :smile: )
That sounds wonderfully balanced! :)

I did scroll thru your posts and found your before and after photos - bet it felt good to fit into your wedding suit. :D

I appreciate your practical approach to this WOL and the insights you provide. It is so useful to have so many people with varied experiences in this forum. Cheers! :) :)
No fast this week, last week's preventive one was just enough to cope with celebrations of the week and weekend. So far 1 fast this month.
No fast this week, so that is only one this month. Next week probably a preventive fast in advance of birthday celebrations, that coincide with one year of successful maintenance :cake:
Wow, P-JK, a whole year of maintenance. Well done to you! :star: :star: :star: :star: :smile:
Previous 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 8 Next
107 posts Page 3 of 8