The FastDay Forum

General 5:2 and Fasting Chat

703 posts Page 36 of 47
Previous 1 ... 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39 ... 47 Next
Re: Anyone in the US?
19 Nov 2015, 21:32
Yes, I'll do my light days on Monday and Friday (usually Thursday) next week, got to make up for the T-day festivities (aka "eating too much")--best thing about 5.2 is the choice to change it up without feeling guilty or like you're cheating.
19 Nov 2015, 23:46
yes! Eaxatly! Not cheating at all. Knowing that hubby had the day off today I tried to eat less yesterday and saw at the end of the day I hit 600 calories, so I gave myself a few extra calories today so when we went out to eat before swimming I had a few bites of his ice cream.. guilt free! This diet really is a way of life... so flexible
Re: Anyone in the US
20 Nov 2015, 01:19
sourbaby wrote: Hi all!

I'm so curious why I the 5:2 diet is so much more popular in the UK than in the US. Maybe because it's a diet that actually involves purchasing LESS food, and doesn't promote buying "fad" products that are expensive and benefit the diet industry? Hmm. Not sure. Anyway.

Looking for anyone in the US who is following this plan, I'm on PST (in Arizona), would be nice to say hello to you all!

Hi!
I'm in New York (est) so i guess we'll connect at some point
I just finished my first 4 weeks, but haven't gotten on the scale yet. I know my clothing is fitting differently, so I'm excited to see what my numbers are tomorrow. I'll stay on the fast Monday,but Thursday (happy thanksgiving) is a free day. Actually, I guess I'm taking off for the weekend!!
01 Dec 2015, 00:30
Hi, @Maggierose, please post more about yourself on the "Introduce yourself" topic. And for what it's worth, here's something I put together for a friend of mine...
5-2 et al.pdf
5.2 Basics
(590.6 KiB) Downloaded 50 times
03 Dec 2015, 18:39
I love that pdf
03 Dec 2015, 19:10
thanks, @Canoegal! The friend I wrote it up for would never read a book, so...Plus, I like that it shows how simple 5.2 really is! Much as I enjoyed reading about MM's journey, the 5.2 WOL is really quite straightforward! But it seems to be "catching"; apparently some coworkers of my friend have noticed his weight loss and are intrigued. I am concerned, however, that those who go into "fasting" without proper information or preparation might "fail" and have a bad attitude about it. It frosts me when people do something incorrectly and judge it based on that...
14 Dec 2015, 03:47
I love this new news article I just read.. http://www.collective-evolution.com/2015/12/11/neuroscientist-shows-what-fasting-does-to-your-brain-why-big-pharma-wont-study-it/ so even if we aren't loosing all the weight we wish we would we are still doing our body a great service :lol:
18 Dec 2015, 17:53
Thanks for the link, @canoegal, I just sent it to several people, some that fast and some that don't. Saying Hi from Seattle; we have been having typical December weather, mostly cold, pouring rain just a bit too warm for snow. Ick! Hello to all U.S. 5.2ers, how y'all doing? I'm trying to ignore the peach apricot fig bars calling to me...today is a normal day, but I'm trying to be more mindful in my eating on non-party normal days. Love those damn bars, but as they are about 115 calories apiece (and it's EASY to eat 4!), try to keep it down. Also experiencing the "day after light day" syndrome, where your mind says, "Hey, you fasted yesterday, you DESERVE a little treat!" And so I shall: when I'm hungry, not just because "it's there."
22 Dec 2015, 18:00
wow so today is my fast day and I'm really struggling. I ate way to well yesterday at a party, and then for dinner and then desert and now today I'm paying the price. I'm so hungry! It's like my first day of fast day all over again. I'm trying my best to hang in there :bugeyes: This just proves to me how important eating the day before fast day really is
24 Dec 2015, 20:24
Yep, @Canoegal, I think I've "stretched out" my stomach having too many goodies around and overindulging as a matter of course on normal days. Gonna have to get back to a little less "eating what I want when I want" and a little more discipline on normal days. Light days are fine, except I have noticed feeling a bit hungrier, I think due to eating too well other days! :confused:
29 Dec 2015, 14:49
Popping in for a quick Hello!
Hope you all enjoyed a nice Christmas and are ready for the new year!

I'm still fasting, although I use the eating window method 4-5 days a week instead of the calorie restriction 2 days a week. I may well blend the 2 as the new year begins. Right now my focus is on cutting the sugar and really limiting carb consumption. I haven't weighed myself since Nov 21, and Jan 1 will be the next one. I feel like I'm about the same, certainly haven't gained much of anything. I'm just ready to get this last 20-30 lbs off!

The boot camp studio is closed from 12/24 - 1/2, so I'm missing my workouts. I'm not one to do it at home by myself, so I'm taking a break. Too much sitting, but that will all change come 1/4 when I return to the studio.

Hope you are all well.

Happy New Year! :victory:
04 Jan 2016, 20:22
Calling all U.S. newbies! Posting here so the newbies can see and reply. New U.S. forumites, you'll notice that since most of our members hail from UK and Australia/NZ, our schedules don't exactly match up. So sometimes it's nice to post here and get a response in less than 18 hours! :grin:

I kept all my light days during the holidays; the one switch was for New Year's Eve (fasted New Year's Day); my son and I went to see Star Wars in IMAX/3D (it was great!) and I had to have my champagne! Ummm...don't ask about my normal days.... :oops: Now to get rid of that last chocolate babka, eeekkk!
04 Jan 2016, 21:51
I'm here, and I weigh less than I did on December 1, which is great. But it was a rough two weeks with family stuff and way too much food and I'm now down with a bad head cold. So basically fasting today with nothing but herbal tea and chicken soup. We even have actual cold winter weather outside!! Shocking! It was summer weather here on Christmas eve - actually a higher temp than we had on the 4th of July.
05 Jan 2016, 13:05
Happy New Years all US 5:2 people !
Here's to another good year, wishing you all well in all your efforts be it work or fun.

****Still following 5:2 classic and coming up on 3 year anniversary.
05 Jan 2016, 16:56
@ferretgal. Love your avatar! @tracieknits. Congrats on holding steady over the break. I'm missing California - it has not stopped raining in the UK since I got home in December. I think I have had the two years of rain I missed in one month. I'm encouraged that it is cold east coast as that normally means it is headed our way.
I hope I can still drop by here from time to time as an 'expat' to see how you are all doing!
Happy New Year! :heart:
Previous 1 ... 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39 ... 47 Next
703 posts Page 36 of 47