The FastDay Forum

General 5:2 and Fasting Chat

703 posts Page 41 of 47
Previous 1 ... 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44 ... 47 Next
Re: Anyone in the US?
04 Jun 2016, 13:55
No fasting isn't hard for me. tracking callories and limiting foods is hard. my 3rd fast day is flexable. if something is going on involving food then I let that slide on saturdays. I added Saturday because I was over eating on that day
04 Jun 2016, 15:19
I usually do only 2 fasts a week,but the last 2 days have only eaten dinner including wine but not sure the benefits of what i am doing,I haven't gone over board with eating but was interested in if there is any benefit in doing what I have done,mainly because I know I will be out and I will eat some naughty stuff
04 Jun 2016, 17:06
Some of the studies I have read looks like the longer you don't eat (like no eating from dinner to dinner) has some good benefits for health of the body. But if you don't limit you calories at dinner I don't know if there will loose weight
05 Jul 2016, 14:45
I hope you all had a happy 4th! Am I the only one in here?
05 Jul 2016, 22:37
We made Chinese dumplings for the 4th, with my son's Chinese girlfriend.
Yay for the American melting pot!
05 Jul 2016, 23:33
34 yo female from New Jersey here! I stumbled on to fasting 4 weeks ago. At the end of my rope with diets, but not ready to give up and feel bad about myself for the rest of my life, I came across Eat, Stop, Eat, which led me to 5:2, and IF in general. 216 lbs. today from 222 lbs. 4 weeks ago. Loving IF. I don't feel like I'm constantly negotiating with what I want and what I should do to be "good" on any given diet. I'm either eating what I want or I'm not eating at all. Much easier to wrap my head around. Obviously, I'm a little excited by this whole process since you didn't ask for all this info. Its just that everyone looks at me like I'm crazy or like I've finally given into an eating disorder when I talk about fasting so I may be a little over-eager to share.
06 Jul 2016, 00:08
MegC wrote: 34 yo female from New Jersey here! I stumbled on to fasting 4 weeks ago. At the end of my rope with diets, but not ready to give up and feel bad about myself for the rest of my life, I came across Eat, Stop, Eat, which led me to 5:2, and IF in general. 216 lbs. today from 222 lbs. 4 weeks ago. Loving IF. I don't feel like I'm constantly negotiating with what I want and what I should do to be "good" on any given diet. I'm either eating what I want or I'm not eating at all. Much easier to wrap my head around. Obviously, I'm a little excited by this whole process since you didn't ask for all this info. Its just that everyone looks at me like I'm crazy or like I've finally given into an eating disorder when I talk about fasting so I may be a little over-eager to share.

Welcome to the forums, @MegC! I'm glad you found us :-)
06 Jul 2016, 11:10
A big welcome from me as well
08 Aug 2016, 02:00
Happy August! I'm to stubborn to let this post die :) This summer I have been on to many canoe trips to do a 3 fast day week.. but I'm able to keep the 2 day a week going.. so this fall I'll kick it into high gear
08 Aug 2016, 18:01
Hey all, I'm still on the forum regularly and plugging away at 2 light days a week...
11 Aug 2016, 15:44
ferretgal wrote: Hey all, I'm still on the forum regularly and plugging away at 2 light days a week...

Hi everyone. I just came back to reading this forum. I've been sharing on the Challenges. This summer's is nearly over.
I've had company this week and we have eaten out, enjoying seeing each other after 2 years. I love to see my adult children, and eat around the visit. Now fasting for my 2 days, and doing them in a row for a change since the week is nearly over. I was doing pretty well with Mon - Fri, and my body got to expect it without feeling starved.
Keep plugging, @ferretgal , @Canoegal, and others. :clover: :clover:
13 Aug 2016, 16:19
Just checking on with my fellow US people, and representing Michigan ! Still maintaining 5:2. I don't measure calories on fast days but know roughly the calories of the stuff I usually eat so I'm sure sometimes I'm over the 600 target and sometimes I'm under. Still feel good aside from the aches and pains you would expect after walking this earth for the number of years I have. And my labs are still good after the weight loss in 2013-2014. Welcome to new faster's and keep on keeping on, to the veterans here. Enjoy the balance of summer and ready yourself for the fall.
13 Aug 2016, 23:35
Hi everyone, I'm still here from CT. I haven't really been a good faster lately though. Most days I do an eating window though. I'm a teacher on summer break and I'm hoping to do better once I'm back in my routine. I plan to do my eating window every day, and then also fast one day a week.
@brougham - I have some family in MI. My grandparents used to live there (they've since passed away.)
22 Aug 2016, 18:35
my summer I have been able to keep up 5-2 except on canoe trips.. I couldn't fast when I needed to paddle all day. I'm looking forward to fall and getting back into my 4-3.. I think that may do the trick this time
29 Aug 2016, 15:41
Hello!

Popping back in here after a LONG time away. I have not been doing much fasting for quite some time, but have managed to maintain my weight well. I am ready to get rid of the final 10-15 lbs and then look forward to being thin the rest of my life with the help of 5:2.

I am retiring on October 7 and am a bit fearful of what being home all day will do to my fasting schedule. I will need to be quite disciplined. I always have struggled to fast on weekends when I'm at home, so will be interesting to see how I do when I am at home a lot.

I will try to pop in here more regularly.

Have a great week!
:clover:
Previous 1 ... 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44 ... 47 Next
703 posts Page 41 of 47