The FastDay Forum

General 5:2 and Fasting Chat

703 posts Page 42 of 47
Previous 1 ... 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45 ... 47 Next
Re: Anyone in the US?
01 Sep 2016, 16:18
Hi @Lori
Retired is good, but I have trouble keeping a routine. As for fast days, I've found it easier to plan and prepare what I WILL eat rather than think about what I will avoid. It doesn't mean I always do, but I try. Good luck retiring and readjusting. :heart: :clover: :clover:
12 Sep 2016, 15:10
Happy September! With the school year started again I'm back to 4-3. My Saturday was over 500 but I didn't over eat and I think it was under 800 so I call that a success. Today is my first day of the week for 4-3. Praying it all goes well. Have a great day everyone :grin:
12 Sep 2016, 18:51
Hello @Canoegaland fellow Americans... I'm in today, just about to make my pot o' green tea.
06 Oct 2016, 17:04
Happy October!
How is everyone doing? I hope you have a great month. Keep up this WOL it is worth it!!
06 Oct 2016, 22:48
Hey there!
Is anyone in the path of Matthew? Please stay safe!!
07 Oct 2016, 14:11
Hi @Canoegal Happy Oct. Our trees have begun coloring, especially around water.
Thanks @cblasz We are watching Hurricane Mathew to see where it decides to go on its final path, as I am sure you in CT are also. I've been gaining for awhile, but finally reversed direction and lost a few of the gained pounds. Feeling much better, both physically and emotionally. and less stress.
08 Oct 2016, 14:27
I am in Minnesota, we got our first snow yesterday. We own an apple orchard and it is harvest day today
08 Oct 2016, 15:01
Wow! Snow already!! I don't know how you stand it. Our winters can be rough sometimes, but not as bad as you guys! I love having the four seasons!
09 Oct 2016, 01:12
I just read this website may be ending.. what a sad day :(
07 Nov 2016, 15:47
Happy November from Mn! We have been 70* for a week.. so hot! I hope you all have a wonderful month. I LOVE 5-2!
07 Nov 2016, 21:02
Canoegal wrote: I just read this website may be ending.. what a sad day :(

I read someone say he was interested. I really hope so.
I am resting from rolling pie dough. Next, peal apples. Apples and apple pie, apple cobbler, etc. Love this time of year. Too bad I've been sampling and gaining. Time to 5-2 again!
:heart:
08 Nov 2016, 05:16
We own an apple orchard so I know all about making lots of things with apples :)
21 Nov 2016, 16:33
Happy Thanksgiving this week. I am so grateful to have learned that I CAN be hungry, and skip meals. Around here we remind each other of the 3 holidays full of food, sweets, family and emotions. We call it the Bermuda Triangle of emotional eating temptations, from Thanksgiving to New Year's. Good luck fellow Fasters! :clover: :heart:
21 Nov 2016, 17:55
Happy Thanksgiving to you too!

I read recently that roughly 2/3rds of a years weight gain happens around the holidays. Luckily we've all learned that an additional fast (or two or .. ) afterward will take care of it.
22 Nov 2016, 01:14
I agree with grannieannie, that learning a bit of hunger isn't fatal is very helpful during these "tempting" holidays. Not to mention that breakfast truly is optional... Why eat extra calories that you aren't even hungry for? Recently I've been craving cold cereal--I eat "healthy" types with unsweetened soy milk, I just love the crunchiness with the cold milk--and I don't have to eat breakfast to have it; can be lunch, a snack (especially bedtime), though not on light days of course! And I love eggs, but don't need to eat breakfast to have them...
Previous 1 ... 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45 ... 47 Next
703 posts Page 42 of 47