The FastDay Forum

General 5:2 and Fasting Chat

316 posts Page 9 of 22
Previous 1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12 ... 22 Next
Well all this is very interesting, I always have my tea & coffee black so that particular oil slick won't get me, but the swishing one might !!
When I can get my hands on the actual coconut oil, as the Tesco I visited over the weekend didn't stock it :shock: I asked at customer service and she checked on computer Non Not Ever it was quite a large store aswell
so now have to try usual store on Wed/Thurs I'm not optimistic about the oral bit but will try it once. :like: Sue
SueQ the Coconoil from Amazon is very pleasant tasting & was around £10 so better value than the £15 H&B one :smile:
Holiday update:-
Had a fabulous meal at Taylor's Restaurant in Dartmouth sitting at a table on the first floor in their bow window overlooking the river. Plenty of white wine swishing went on with eating delicious scallops & prawns followed by yummy panna cotta & a glass of Armagnac with coffee.The weather was warm & sunny for most of the day & we travelled there on the Dartmouth steam train & then by ferry over to Dartmouth. After lunch we had a post-prandial walk to Dartmouth Castle & then caught a small ferry back to Dartmouth. Coming back on the steam train to Paignton the heavens opened with torrential rain & despite having umbrellas we paddled to the mainline station to get back to Newton Abbot. Now drying off & relaxing with a glass of red, but we did fast yesterday & I have been 16:8ing so I will be interested to see if I do not gain weight. Oh & of course coconut oil daily swishings :grin:
Hi all, very interesting reading about all this. I was doing my online Tesco shop and found this:

http://www.tesco.com/groceries/Product/ ... =256412443

is that the same thing as in Holland and Barratt?
Isis wrote: Holiday update:-
Had a fabulous meal at Taylor's Restaurant in Dartmouth sitting at a table on the first floor in their bow window overlooking the river. Plenty of white wine swishing went on with eating delicious scallops & prawns followed by yummy panna cotta & a glass of Armagnac with coffee.The weather was warm & sunny for most of the day & we travelled there on the Dartmouth steam train & then by ferry over to Dartmouth. After lunch we had a post-prandial walk to Dartmouth Castle & then caught a small ferry back to Dartmouth. Coming back on the steam train to Paignton the heavens opened with torrential rain & despite having umbrellas we paddled to the mainline station to get back to Newton Abbot. Now drying off & relaxing with a glass of red, but we did fast yesterday & I have been 16:8ing so I will be interested to see if I do not gain weight. Oh & of course coconut oil daily swishings :grin:

Jealous, so jealous. One of my favourite places/journeys/ways to spend a holiday :like: :cool: :grin:
Coconut choc bars

2 cups almond meal
1 cup shredded coconut
1 tsp baking powder
1/4- 1/2 cup sweetener (I use powdered stevia)
1/2 cup coconut oil
2 eggs
1tsp vanilla ext
High quality dark chocolate

Mix all dry & wet ingredients separately then combine together. Use heaped tsp full & shape into balls. I press 1/2 square of dark choc ontop before baking in a moderate oven for 10-12 minutes. Best kept in fridge & enjoyed cold. Enjoy Ballerina!
Oh, thank you for the recipe, it sounds yummy,

Ballerina x :heart:
Sounds a fantastic recipe Waratah! Are you cooking them in the middle of the night then Ballerina? :shock: :razz:
They sound delicious! Thank you for sharing it.
Hi Silverdarling,
You do make me laugh, could have done with you online in the middle of night. My sleep is going from very bad to just downright atrocious, hence up all night. Went to bed at ten p.m. as we'd both had a dreadful night the previous night so we were hoping to do better last night. By 1 a.m. I still was tossing and turning and having a lot of shoulder pain so I got up, took some painkillers and logged on to see how our antipodean friends were getting on, hence, me up in the night. I eventually went back to bed at 4 a.m. when I heard hubs up and about also having a bad night. after more tossing and turning I eventually dozed off about 6 or 7 for a couple of hours.zzzzzzzzzz

Ballerina x :heart: :sleepy: :sleepy: :sleepy: :sleepy: :sleepy: :sleepy: :sleepy:
That recipe sounds yummy. But with the cost of coconut oil in this country they could well become the most expensive biscuits/cookies I have even made.
the-5-2-lab-f10/loss-of-rem-sleep-t7960.html

@Ballerina - posted earlier today - worth a try? Better than coconut oil anyway :lol:
Ballerina I am relieved you finally might have a use for your bottles of coconut oil. I don't overindulge with it just coffee on my fast day yep its an oil slick, you are so right, but the things we do anyway. It is gone in the first few mouthfuls. My swishing oil pulling only every few days so that's easy.

Where I have my most regular intake though is in a Thai fish curry and I just use a lite coconut cream version. Also make a mean Mussaman curry as well. As you found not with eggs.

The recipe from Waratah sounds a winner much appreciated.

Hope you sleep better Ballerina, I have found one side effect of 5:2 is I sleep deeply
That Tesco coconut oil must be the cheapest i have seen online.

As for making your own, when we get cheap coconuts here (they seem to be everywhere for a 4 week segment of time, then gone again for another year)it could well be cheaper to try and make your own.
Hi Silverdarling and Gillymary,

Well, here I am again, working the night shift. :shock: It's nothing to do with the diet, I started sleeping badly in my forties and it has just got worse. I have tried everything but it seems its how I'm destined to be. I shall make myself a warm drink in a moment and try again, sigh!

Thank you for your thoughts and tips, see you all tomorrow, night night :sleepy: :sleepy: :sleepy:

Ballerina x :heart: zzzzzzzzzz (if only)
Previous 1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12 ... 22 Next
316 posts Page 9 of 22