The FastDay Forum

General 5:2 and Fasting Chat

316 posts Page 10 of 22
Previous 1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13 ... 22 Next
Me too, Alison14, heard about it, didn't think any more of it. Time to try it!
I am still trying to build up my coconut oil swishing but can only manage 8-10 minutes with some unfortunately escaping so tissues at the ready :grin: so I don't think that I can ever get up to the recommended 20 minutes of swishing! But trying to fit it in before coffee & breakfast.

I also found a £6 pot of Groovy Food organic virgin coconut oil in Tescos that is 283ml & much smaller than the £10 Coconoil pot of 460g from Amazon that is almost twice the size of the Tesco one. :like:

:clover: Good luck to everyone trying swishing & oil pulling but start off by using only a teaspoon of coconut oil, at room temperature it is solid so needs to melt in your mouth, so sort of chew it first & after oil pulling spit it out.
The coconut oil pulling is definitely working, I keep on forgetting to brush my teeth after breakfast as my teeth and gums feel so clean. I may start to do it in the evening as my tongue tends to go nuts in the evening trying to rub the grittiness off the back of my teeth, making my tongue very sore. But my teeth feel so smooth after oil pulling that it could stop this habit.
Wow Julie - you're (almost!) convincing me there! :bugeyes: :shock: :wink:
I'm blaming this thread for the fact I've just bought a jar of coconut oil from holland and Barrett so I can oil pull! Did get Aegean oil for my daughters hair half price though so that wasn't too bad! What am I doing?? I don't even like coconuts! :0/
Julie I did swish last evening because I had been eating blueberries & I had got a blueberry pip stuck into the gum around one back tooth that was sore & uncomfortable. After removing the pip I swished & it helped my sore gum & today there is no soreness or swelling. It's all rather odd that it works & I like my smooth shiny teeth & it is easy to forget to brush after eating :grin:
I found an interesting site with regard to the KTC oil found in tesco. it actually mentions a post on here about trans fat in coconut oil. It seems it is not hydrogenated and has some other info about it :)

I thought some of you might find it interesting.

http://veganheath.info/ktc-coconut-oil
I've been pulling with coconut oil for a week now and I love it. I agree with Julie that once done my mouth feels so clean that I almost think my teeth don't need cleaning. Read somewhere on a website (can't remember which one unfortunately) that cleaning after pulling isn't necessary. However I don't feel right unless I clean floss and use no alcohol mouthwash just before leaving the house as that's been part of my routine for so long. Got to like the coconut taste first thing in a morning too (have to admit actually putting the coconut oil in my mouth and chewing for the first couple of days was difficult at 0545 but no problem now). Not sure if my teeth are whiter though, it's not obvious if they are.
Hi Folks,
I had my 'first pull today' And to be honest, I was expecting it to be a bit grim and sickly, not to mention jaw aching. Maybe I didn't quite do it correctly, but I put a teaspoonful of the 'gunk' in my mouth....and chewed. It was my first time, so I wasn't prepared to use a load of the expensive stuff, just in case 'we' didn't get on (especially when I read that you can make chips with it too, another story, but the baked Slimming World type ones, turned out lovely)
Anyhow, I digress. The whole scenario was much less stressful and much easier than anticipated. My sinuses felt almost immedietley much clearer (after a bit of sneezing...coincidental possibly????)And the teeth felt quite smooth...and still do, 11 hours later>
However, I have to agree with AnnieW and Julie, that I still had to 'Colgate' and rinse!! :grin:
I really must try this! I eat it as fat bombs, cook with it, rub it on my skin and hair, there's only pulling left! Its been brilliant on my hair and skin. I'm as smooth and shiny as one of Julie's doodahs! (I imagine! :lol: ) Hopefully it might help my dry mouth problems.
Miffy, you sent my imagination into overdrive, now unlikely to sleep :shock:

Ballerina x :heart:
Aha! Thought that would get your attention Ballerina! Why should I be the only one awake! :lol:
You're not! God, insomnia is a bloomin' nightmare :shock:

Ballerina x :heart:
I'm going to try pulling too, as I often have sore gums and a dry mouth with a bad taste - worse on my fasting days, so will see if this helps.

I've been cooking with coconut oil for some time now - I love it in curries, with chicken and fish. Also I make up these chocolate coconut date and nut balls which make a delicious sweet treat. No added sugar, the dates provide enough sweetness.

I've also been using it on my hair, face, and feet - noticing a big improvement in the rough calloused areas of my feet particularly. It's great stuff. I got a big jar from Costco in Australia, for any Aussies who may be wondering where to buy it. Cost about the same as a very small jar I managed to find in the supermarket.

Warning: Don't put it on your skin and go out in the sun - you'll fry, literally.
pipsqueak2 wrote:
Warning: Don't put it on your skin and go out in the sun - you'll fry, literally.

No danger of that here in UK pipsqueak :shock: :grin: :wink:
Previous 1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13 ... 22 Next
316 posts Page 10 of 22