The FastDay Forum

General 5:2 and Fasting Chat

316 posts Page 6 of 22
Previous 1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 ... 22 Next
Ballerina as far as I understand you don't need to use a brush, as I previously mentioned, just swish coconut oil around your mouth & in & out of your teeth. The oil should also help sooth your gums & help heal bleeding gums. :confused:
Well, I guess I should demand a refund. I've been using that oil for almost a year now. Where's my boy toy?! Plenty of weeds in the roses and dishes in the sink, too. :curse: :confused:
Sorry, I went to the dentist and forgot to mention pulling doh! Still, on the plus side I don't need anything doing and next appointment is March - so providing I can keep going with it (using a teaspoonful only!) I'll see what happens then.
I thought the H&B offer was only on line. When I got my oil there was 20% off which I was pleased about but none in the 1p sale which I wasn't.
Ballerina just a teaspoonful of the coconut oil popped in your mouth and chew it to melting then the swish and pull action and careful not to drool as its a nuisance if get oil on your top. Have 3 tissues layered handy to spit it onto and discard. i use the interdental brushes as well. What I have found is that it is like an extra clean and your mouth tastes fresher. Your gums are happier as I figure even with flossing, little brushes there are still small particles which don't get reached between gums and teeth but do with your efforts of swishing and pulling the oil around your mouth and between your teeth. I don't do the oil pulling every day but as often as I think to do it.

My dentist was intrigued but didn't know about it. Well worth it, anyway we can share what we think. Forgot gum disease is linked to cardiac disease so having healthier gums and teeth is very important so oil pulling is a win win. Also don't swallow the oil spit it out
Well, here we are, another day and another attempt at brushing my teeth with coconut oil. I brushed as normal and there was a couple of spots of blood, nothing like yesterdays blood bath so that was better but I'm not sure I'll do it again as I like my morning ablutions to be a tad less traumatic. I then tried the pulling technique but only managed about a minute, if that, so not sure that is for me either. Then put a teaspoonful in my coffee, :coffee: won't do that again, yuk, then I tried it on my face, (the oil that is , not the coffee) not sure that will be repeated as I now resemble the oil slick left by of the Amoco Cadiz disaster, so, all in all, not a sparkling success for me. I have not tried cooking with it yet but fear that at this rate it will hospitalise us! :doctor: I daren't put any on my hair as it's thinning enough and this coconut stuff and I are clearly not destined for a happy relationship. :bigfrown:

Ah well, hubs can slap it on his 'burnt sore arses', :rotfl: it might help, certainly can''t make things worse! OR CAN IT????? :?:

Ballerina x :heart:
@Ballerina And you've got 2 jars of the stuff to use up too! Maybe you will have to take up wood turning. Good luck :smile:
Oh Ballerina If you can 16:8 you can do oil pulling. The teaspoonful in the coffee is best taken when you have 3 or 4 hours to dinner on a fast day and you are so hungry you are looking to eat those scabby dogs. It absolutely kills the hunger pangs I find.
I do worry about what this forum is doing to me. this morning I put a tsp full of coconut oil in my mouth and started splooshing while I had a shower, I then turned the water cold for a wee while then after dry proceeded to rub nip and fab all over my arms, neck and tummy. :?: :razz: :doh: :lol: I think my DH thinks its time to book me in somewhere, I am expecting the man in a white coat to arrive in a wee yellow van to take me away. :shock: YOU ALL HAVE A LOT TO ANSWER TO.
Ah what else did you have planned Nessie, at least if that happens to us all we will be looking wonderful with white sparkling teeth, fabulous skin, new wardrobes of clothes, slimmer and healthier. And saying 'just let me grab my coconut oil'
This morning I have swished & oil pulled, put coconut oil on my hair as a conditioner before showering & it shampoos out very easily & has left my hair bouncy & soft. All good so far & I will take a pot of coconut oil on holiday to use for cooking & continue oil pulling. My OH is not convinced & he is the one with occasional bleeding gums & had to have a tooth removed because of his gum becoming infected!! Oh well whiter teeth here we come but they are already brighter :grin:
Haha this forum absolutely cracks me up! After the butter thread and Julieathome's wooden hobbies and 'post deleted', not to mention the procrastination thread, I thought we'd reached the pinnacle of comic invention! :lol: :lol: :lol: :wink: :wink: :wink:

I was so so wrong! :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:
Hi gang,

Home again after a lovely coconut free day out with hubs. You know the strange thing about all this, I LOVE coconut and just cannot believe that I dislike this stuff so much. My dentist always comments on how healthy my gums are and also that my dental hygiene is excellent so perhaps I should just leave well alone.

Gillymary, I understand that the link between gum disease and cardiac episodes has been de-bunked, it seems it does not exist so I'm fine with that one and doing without breakfast is easy, even easier now if I have to have this in my coffee :shock:

Wendy Darling, yes, TWO HUGE tubs of the stuff now stares back at me every time I open my fridge, ah well, it will get used for cooking, or something but fashioning wooden tranclements for my friends is not something I see me doing, funnily enough! :oops:

Isis, my husband just rolls his eyes and he said this morning, after another pronouncement of supposed miraculous properties, "well, oil be damned!" :confused:

Nessie, I'm with you, this lot are leading us innocents astray! :wink:

Silverdarling, It's the madness, and now the squelching, that keeps me here, if it was serious and boring I'd have jumped ship months ago. :lol:

Haha!

Ballerina, now go over to TML's 16:8 thread - she needs your advice as she is seriously considering it - and as you are The Oracle* ( :shock: :wink: geddit?) on all matters 16:8, I think she needs your input :smile: :lol: :smile:

* (greek!)
Just come back from there,gosh, life can get busy on here sometimes :lol:

Previous 1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 ... 22 Next
316 posts Page 6 of 22