The FastDay Forum

General 5:2 and Fasting Chat

244 posts Page 5 of 17
Previous 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 17 Next
Re: March Equinox Challenge
24 Jan 2015, 22:02
#6 checking in.

Poo, poo and more poo.......I've only gone and stayed the same weight - 11st 7lb. I'm not surprised as I weigh daily but I am disappointed. Never mind at least I haven't gained. Hopefully next week I will be saying woohoo instead!
25 Jan 2015, 00:24
Is it too late to join :oops: I am 10st 2lb and would like to lose 9lb which would make me 9st 7lb . I don't know how do able this is as I've lost 11 lb quite quickly and anticipate a dramatic slow down in weight loss. However I will try my best to achieve my goal.
25 Jan 2015, 08:17
I'm up half a kilo - I've been weighing daily and I think it's just my weight fluctuation. However the overall trend is not down, so I'll try a bit harder because I really don't want the trend to start going UP like it did this time last year.
Good luck everyone! :clover:
25 Jan 2015, 09:24
Number 20 checking in, had a really good week, 2 fasts and watching my eating.
After parkrun yesterday wighed 90.5kg so about a kg down.
Then in the evening we went bowling for my daughters birthday tomorrow and her 9 year old cousin brought a cake she baked herself.
Magnificent, when a little kid can bake and ice a cake as good as that it justifies my enormous slide. ☺
All the best to my fellow challengers.
25 Jan 2015, 10:35
No 28 reporting in at 12st 2lbs - that's three quarters of a pound down. This is a fastday for me & weighing in exactly where I hoped to be this morning is a real incentive, a great way to start it.
25 Jan 2015, 13:10
#7 reporting one pound loss (-1) after 11 days. I hope that I haven't posted this twice NB! I can't see it anywhere.
Wanted to say how pleased I am as I'm making a great effort, keeping within TDEE, gym, not needing breakfast several days, mindful 5:2 . But not without enjoyable calculated deviations. :like:
25 Jan 2015, 21:36
Late starter here. Enjoyed the pre Christmas challenge. I liked having a focus.
I was 13 st 5 last Monday and will update this tomorrow.
Monday/Friday fasting with reducing carbs and sugar on other days.
Well done to all the "losers" so far!:)
Happy fasting for the week ahead. X
26 Jan 2015, 00:52
Wow! A lot of updates! Congrats to everyone who lost weight or maintained, if that's their goal. To those who didn't lose, or didn't lose as much as they wanted: hang in there! :clover: :clover:

I fell behind on the weekend since I prefer to do updates on my desktop rather than iPhone. Apologies, and thanks for your patience.

Finally, the number immediately after the names on the list in the first post is supposed to reflect the goal, whether a goal weight, an amount to lose, or a maintenance range. As the updates come in, it's starting to look a bit cryptic, so when I get the chance I'll go back and edit it for clarity. I'm starting to appreciate how much work this was for @Juliana.Rivers, @cblasz and the other challenge administrators!
26 Jan 2015, 03:53
MaryAnn wrote: Wow! A lot of updates! Congrats to everyone who lost weight or maintained, if that's their goal. To those who didn't lose, or didn't lose as much as they wanted: hang in there! :clover: :clover:

I fell behind on the weekend since I prefer to do updates on my desktop rather than iPhone. Apologies, and thanks for your patience.

Finally, the number immediately after the names on the list in the first post is supposed to reflect the goal, whether a goal weight, an amount to lose, or a maintenance range. As the updates come in, it's starting to look a bit cryptic, so when I get the chance I'll go back and edit it for clarity. I'm starting to appreciate how much work this was for @Juliana.Rivers, @cblasz and the other challenge administrators!

Thanks @Maryann.. yep was a big job but it was for such a good community cause, the benefits and feelings of achievement far outweighed any of the workload. Really puts a smile on your face when someone makes their goal.

Ive been happy with my progress on the current challenge as i havent been above 72.5 for ages and even saw 71.5 so im progressing well.
26 Jan 2015, 13:20
Hi everyone.
Monday weigh in 13 st 5 lb.
Goal is to be 12 st 9 lb by equinox.
Fasting today and so far so good.
26 Jan 2015, 13:40
Please can I join in?

I think it will help me to stay motivated having the Spring Equinox to help me on my way, sure to be sunnier days ahead! Currently am 13:2 trying for 12:7 for March 21st :grin:
27 Jan 2015, 00:43
Hello,

I would like to join please :grin: . My starting weight is 64.9kg and I would like to reach 62kg by the end of the challenge.
Thank you.
27 Jan 2015, 08:18
#12 checking in 1.2 down this morning so very pleased with that :-)

Current weight now 9st 7.8
27 Jan 2015, 22:25
Update on 28th Jan.

Seeing good results and no 73 point anything since 8th Jan.
14/1 72.7
19/1 72.5
24/1 71.3
28/1 72.5

Libra says 72.3 and whilst this looks like I am at goal I want to give this a few more weeks before i declare victory to ensure that the lower than November/December "sticks"

Still doing 4:3 though this week im only able to do 5:2 due to the long weekend. Been really watching my eating on fast days and a new thing... if ive eaten half my dinner plate and dont feel like any more .. i will stop and save it for the following day. I think my appetite is reducing.

so im a happy lady at mo
28 Jan 2015, 16:51
Thanks Mary Ann for including me in the challenge! :wink:

I've lost 1lb this week so am losing in the right direction. Very happy with that.

Happy fasting everyone - May the Force Be with You! :clover:
Previous 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 17 Next
244 posts Page 5 of 17