The FastDay Forum

General 5:2 and Fasting Chat

1654 posts Page 12 of 111
Previous 1 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15 ... 111 Next
CandiceMarie wrote:
You prob havent had nearly enough cals over the last few days anyways x

My thoughts exactly :lol: :lol: :lol:
Anyway, in the end I had some homemade pumpkin soup (from the freezer) with ... Erm, (whisper it quietly so @Ballerina won't hear) - several slices of well-buttered
toast ...
Anyway, feeling much better now, you will just have to excuse the smell of
Toast
Wafting around the tent ...
Silverdarling - you are in such trouble, I'm going to have to report you to Ballerina :lol: .

No: 13 reporting in but hiding behind the curtains. What a disaster last week - 2lb on! Strangest thing though as I weighed on Thursday (fast day) and normally on the Friday I lose 2lb but this time I put the 2lb on! So Friday 74.5kg, Saturday 74.8kg. Not going to stress about it as I'm back to work next week which means lots more walking.

I've spent this week putting kitchen units together - my knees hurt! Next week OH is on hols and will be fitting some bits and next weekend brother in law comes up to put in the worktop and a do a bit of plumbing. It is so stressful and exciting at the same time, which might be affecting my weight. Unfortunately I think there will be quite a few microwave meals consumed over the next week or so.

Ballerina, we went for a gas hob but not the usual shape - ok, it is still square but the four thingies (forgotten the name - the individual thingies the gas comes out of) are set out in a diamond shape. The soup maker I bought is this one -

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Morphy-Richards-48822-Soup-Maker/dp/B00844D5FG/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1381585236&sr=8-1&keywords=soup+maker

My understanding is that a soup maker is a blender that heats up - throw your veg in, come back and pour into a bowl. Me and my girls make a lot of soup on the hob or the slow cooker. The soup maker will make smaller quantities and I hoping to be able to use it with a timer so that I can throw veg in first thing in the morning and come home to hot soup at lunch time.

Can't wait to get cooking in my new kitchen. I'm not a great cook but I'm willing to try. I have a notion to make scones. In amongst the mess I managed to make a Christmas cake yesterday - first time ever I've tried that. It is now all wrapped up and youngest daughter has put reminders on her phone for us to feed it.
wildmissus wrote: In amongst the mess I managed to make a Christmas cake yesterday - first time ever I've tried that. It is now all wrapped up and youngest daughter has put reminders on her phone for us to feed it.

What kind of cake do you feed? :bugeyes: :?: What do you feed it? :?: BF suggested that you might feed it brandy?
TOAST! TOAST! Was that you Silverdarling? Just as well you are poorly or you would be in BIG trouble! :shock: Hope it made you feel better :heart:

Wildmissus, there is no need to clipe on SD as I can smell TOAST a mile off? :lol: Great to hear about your new kitchen, sounds very grand, I'm rather jealous, hope you have many happy years in there with your soup maker. Thanks for the link I will have a look but when we got an AGA some years back we gave away our slow cooker and other things we no longer needed otherwise I might have been seriously tempted to get one. :starving:

Ballerina x :heart:
Betsy, not sure why but the image I have in my head is putting the cake on the floor beside the cats and putting cat meat in a bowl for it :lol: .

Last week when I was in the supermarket I picked up the BBC Good Food magazine and the recipe came from there. I cooked it with brandy, and this morning I fed it (using a pastry brush) with cointreau. It is now wrapped up tightly in greaseproof paper and then foil and put in an airtight tin. It will come back out at the beginning and end of November to be brushed again (fed) with cointreau, then it will be ready for marzipan and icing in the middle of December. The reason I decided to do this is because I hate, really hate, orange and lemon peel and all shop bought Christmas cakes have it in and because I left that out I am using the orangey cointreau to feed it.

Ballerina, I should know better by know when it comes to t***t. What's it like cooking on an AGA, did it take a while to get used to it? Soup maker has just arrived so I'm going to open my parcel.
Mmmmmm cointreau! :drink: Not sure an open bottle would last for additional feedings around here, lol :grin:
@wildmissus I think we will nominate your cake as the Prize Scoff for all who succeed in their goal on this thread - do you think it will split into 40 odd pieces???

:shock: :cool: :shock: :cool: :wink: :lol: :wink: :lol:
Wildmissus, AGA cooking is a dream once you get used to it. You use the ovens for almost everything except bringing things to the boil and then they go in one of the ovens. Bacon and eggs are fab done on the top though as are pancakes and crumpets etc. We'd had both wanted one for years so when we re-did and extended our kitchen it was the right time. It saves us a fortune on heating bills and no need for a tumble dryer but it is not everyone's idea of heaven, like marmite, you either love it :smile: or hate it. :frown: Would hate to live without one now!

Ballerina x :heart:
We had a Rayburn at the last house. It was oil fired though and had a dodgy controller so was on full blast all the time. The landlords wouldn't fix it. We ended up not being able to afford to run it for the last year we were there. I did love cooking on it though.

I use a slow cooker a lot of the time, especially for roasts. A little bit of stock in the bottom, a bay leaf, some peppercorns and come back at dinner time to a fall off the fork roat with the most lush stock for gravy.

Thanks for the reminder about the Christmas cake. I had forgotten. I was thinking of doing the Delia Smith Creole Christmas cake this year as I won't be thinking about calories. http://www.deliaonline.com/recipes/cuis ... -cake.html
Wildmissus Use a skewer and prick holes all over the cake then every month pour a tablespoon full of your chosen liquor over the top don't b-g-r around with a brush.
Nessie - read that at a glance and read 'pour over you chosen liquor'.............aw, only a tablespoon.
Lol, wildmissus I didn't see the tablespoon either ... wouldn't it be better if it was just poured over! hic! :dazed: :grin:
Azureblue wrote: I'm still locked on 70.2 kgs like my life depended on it :0(
Actually too many awful things occurring on this planet right now for me to say anything so dramatic so just ignore that and let's count blessings this rainy Saturday.
Got a roof over my head and a choice of good food to eat and the wit to eat it sensibly.
There, that's better.
Have a happy day everyone :0)

Im stuck on 72.0 or just above though strangely this morning i showed a 200g loss even though yesterday was feast day and i ate quite a lot... thinking about it. its the 2nd saturday in a row i havent drunk any wine. trying to keep up the habit till the first Christmas party. i think wine=sugar=weight

then at about 2pm i snuck in another weigh in after a morning in the garden and nothing but soda water and lemon juice. anyway i showed 71.1 crazy or my scales are out.

looking forward to tomorrows weigh in after a full fast today. hoping for a new low of 71.4
CandiceMarie wrote: I am in the queue for the 69ers christmas 2014 club!
In the meantime, you 69ers are welcome to come visiting your vertically challenged chums in the teeny tent! :0)

does that mean you want to join the "Christmas club 2013",.. extended now to any weight just choose your goal
Previous 1 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15 ... 111 Next
1654 posts Page 12 of 111