The FastDay Forum

General 5:2 and Fasting Chat

1654 posts Page 24 of 111
Previous 1 ... 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27 ... 111 Next
Well, I just noticed that @Ballerina is an honorary member, so clearly the club requirements are loose. Sign me up too. My goal is to be at goal by Thanksgiving (November 28), so I guess I get my own little category. FYI, those of you who aren't from around these parts, Thanksgiving always falls on a Thursday, and Thursdays are my second fast day of the week. So if I can manage this, Thanksgiving week would be my first week of 6:1! And it would be so exciting to not be fasting on Thursday that I don't believe I would pig out. So that's my sub-goal: don't pig out on Thanksgiving :smile:
Can i join please?? I would like to be 65kg by Christmas. I know it isn't quite what you asked for in the initial criteria but i would appreciate the support.
Hi all - I would love to join the Christmas Club and lose 3kg by Christmas.
Oh god yes please! I've been up and down with the same 2lb for ever - would love to see 70 or even 68 by Christmas
JJ309 wrote: Count me in. I have a looonng way to go but I'm hoping to loose another stone for Christmas. So that's my goal, although I'm away at the end of November to the Isle of Wight, I will still stick to 5:2 but I know if I fancy a couple of glasses of wine whilst away I shall!! :oops: :razz:

Congratualations. you are member 87 @jj309! That just over 6kg in just over 8 weeks so no time to lose.. go go go. At end of November assess you have gone. If you have to readjust your goals thats fine.
Nessie wrote: Sorry Juliana was busy for a day and didn't go far enough back to see your Question. Yes it is the running programme couch 2 5 k. My walking partner is ill and I was nervous walking in the forest all on my own so I started running ( I don't get spooked so often). after my blow out on Sunday I have been very good this week so hope the scales will forgive me this Saturday. good luck all Christmas fasters.

id be nervous too in front of a forest.

congrats on being so good

dont forget and in all the long posting you may have missed that the club encourages daily weight (if it doesnt worry you too much).. only cause the days left to christmas are fast falling and no body can afford to slip up even on one single day. we wont boot anyone out if they cant, wont, just a positive encouragement. after Christmas you can go back to weekly or monthly weighting.

at least 100 people will look stunning in their Christmas party frocks and for the men, their jeans and trousers and swimmers :grin:
Isis wrote: Am I too late to join & too heavy? I would like to lose a stone by Christmas to get me below 13 stone to become 12stone 10lbs & then I will have lost 3 stone since last Christmas which would be wonderful. I am still waiting to hear from my son if his marriage proposal has been accepted so must lose more weight to look good in the photos!!

no not at all. you can join and you can be any weight. this club started out with a certain range but we opened it up. go for your goal. you are member 88 @isis

you must look good for that wedding!
Minigill wrote: Count me in Juliana, 69.9 the aim for Xmas, and no doubt some more clothes not fitting, but the sales will be on :like: :smile:

Is there an easy way to see how progress is (and going forward) going ? Confess I haven't read all 23 pages, so apologies if this has been discussed :oops:

Would be nice to see at a glance how everyone in the table is doing as its difficult to keep track with individual posts on this thread, and people joining :smile:

Seeing people achieving their goals and/or progress will be a great motivator :grin:

Then in January we can have a quick couple of weeks of who maintained the loss over xmas without gaining :lol:

woohoo another 69er. you are member 89 @Minigill omg its 23 pages!

re keeping track of everyone i thought once october 25 passes its the big 2 month countdown to dec 25 eek. and ill figure out a way of posting, where available the member's goal loss and where they are up to.. (tent doors are tightly sealed. you cant escape :grin: )

so on this basis if in your original post you didnt say you actual weight loss in kg (need to try to stick to 1 metric as i cant get my head around pounds) then come back and let me know in a post.

ill put it on the summary board in post number 1. means you can just go straight to post 1 to see how your going and how everyone is going thus far. use the inital weight loss goal when you first registered as a couple of weeks has already passed by.

if we get to 100 members that will be say 300 to 400 kg across the whole club by Christmas. now thats a lot of inches.
Nicky_94 wrote: Member 28 checking in at last, and dare I report it looks like I'm now in the 63s (three weigh ins this week at 63 something) so fingers crossed my target of 62 for xmas should be attainable!

Great to see so many new members, if we all reach target it'll make some record breaking weightloss figures for the monthly weigh in!!

Thanks for checking in. we were sending out the search party for you. Thought you got lost in the forest.

go for that 62 mark. It IS attainable.
wendyjane wrote: Well, I just noticed that @Ballerina is an honorary member, so clearly the club requirements are loose. Sign me up too. My goal is to be at goal by Thanksgiving (November 28), so I guess I get my own little category. FYI, those of you who aren't from around these parts, Thanksgiving always falls on a Thursday, and Thursdays are my second fast day of the week. So if I can manage this, Thanksgiving week would be my first week of 6:1! And it would be so exciting to not be fasting on Thursday that I don't believe I would pig out. So that's my sub-goal: don't pig out on Thanksgiving :smile:

yep we are all loose around here. welcome @wendyjane, member 90.. hey this is like scales backwards .. we have reached a new decile.. 90

ahh there can be a Thanksgiving goal subclub. Do you want to be patrol leader for that WendyJane?
Tracy22 wrote: Can i join please?? I would like to be 65kg by Christmas. I know it isn't quite what you asked for in the initial criteria but i would appreciate the support.

Member 91 you are @Tracy22.

really you can be any goal to join this club.
dcsb wrote: Hi all - I would love to join the Christmas Club and lose 3kg by Christmas.

your 3k weight loss by Dec 25 is granted. Member 92 @dcsb
pjcox wrote: Oh god yes please! I've been up and down with the same 2lb for ever - would love to see 70 or even 68 by Christmas

member 93 @pjcox

70, 69 or 68 you will see one of those by Christmas
Just checking in. I'm member number 24 but in the list on page one I have changed to a duplicated 25 - would you mind amending please Juliana?

I have been following the club rules and weighing every day. I have stayed below 66kgs so far which is my goal. I find it harder as winter approaches as I start craving carbs so this club will really help me to stay on the straight and narrow :grin:
OK, I'm in on the personal goal idea. I need to lose 4 more pounds to reach that comfy feeling of size 12 (US) trousers feeling a little loose as opposed to a little tight around the waist. I'll be looking at those rules every day to make sure I'm being "good". :)
Previous 1 ... 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27 ... 111 Next
1654 posts Page 24 of 111