The FastDay Forum

General 5:2 and Fasting Chat

610 posts Page 38 of 41
Previous 1 ... 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41 Next
No. 17 here with a quick check in. I have a sick toddler here, so I'm sorry I cant tag each of you. So many have hit target already! @Cblasz, you are doing a great job. Hope that IRL your jobs start getting easier.

My end of challenge is to lose 7lbs. As of this morning I have lost 6.6lbs! I weighed about an hour after coffee and perhaps the 4oz is that coffee?? :?: Yesterday and the day before I was just below target. So, you be the judge. Have I met my challenge?
Whoop whoop @scubachick! I wd say you have deffo met yr challenge :like:
Well done that girl! X
Hope the little one gets better soon x
Completed a proper 24 hour fast yesterday, 400 calories all told, and today I am 1.1kg less at 70.7kgs or 11st 1lb. Hurrah!
I made it to my 10 lb challenge. Actually, as of today, I am down -13 lbs so I exceeded my challenge. Thank you for having this Spring into Fall Challenge. It really did make me think about my choices and health.
Fantastic news Tammae well done! X
Fantastic, @Tammae!!!! :victory:
Oh dearie me.....those wicked scales recorded a 3lb gain last week. Really don't think I deserved that....as I wasn't too bad all in all....

No matter though - am resigned to not remotely meeting my challenge target this time around....but that hasn't stopped me from signing up to the Christmas challenge!

"Must try harder" will have to be my motto.......

Terrifically well done to every challenger for stepping up to the plate in the first place! Gold stars to those who have reached their goal, silver stars to those who won't quite make it...for whatever reason...and great big ((((((((hugs))))))) to anyone like me, whose challenge has not gone to plan xxx

:rainbow: :rainbow: :rainbow:
It was a blip last week when I reached target...@Hazelnut20 I think our scales have been talking to each other, as I'm up three pounds too, to my more usual 10 stone 5 pounds (also known as my starting weight!). I look just the same, so although I've done three fasts this week, I'm not going to get despondent.
But I think my body is telling me that it's happy at this weight, and I'd better decide to just call it maintenance soon!
Well done @Tammae!
Three pounds is well within the margin explained by the combination of water weight and food weight. We really have to keep reminding ourselves of that, otherwise we get like wrestlers who purge and take diuretics in the days before a match so that they can make it into a lower weight class. You can lose a LOT of weight very fast taking a diuretic. It isn't weight and it isn't a pleasant experience! But it will teach you how much water you are carrying just in your blood stream.
Well done@tammae x!
Further update from number 31.

I've lost additional weight after a medical procedure. I'm not sure if that counts, but I've now well and truly exceeded the target.
@Bracken,

Congratulations on doing so well! Surgery counts, if what came out isn't coming back on. And it's good to hear you are healed up and doing fine.
Well, it's official...I stepped on the scales this morning and they read 72.1kg. Springing goal is reached!! :grin: That's over 7kg since the start of the challenge, which I thought was likely to be unachievable! :victory: In fact, that's only 100g off my main goal (which was losing 20% of my starting weight), so I'm calling maintenance! Add that to my school hols officially starting Sunday arvo, and I'm a very happy bunny. :bunny:

Thanks for all your support everyone...feeling for those who've struggled - do hang in there. Things will "click" into place - just keep reminding yourself why you're doing this and that it has worked for you and does work!

May the fast be with you all!
@PeonyBlue, heartiest congratulations! You must be thrilled! Hope you will share your maintenance with us, there is much to be learned from experiences doing maintenance...for when we all get there. SUPER WELL DONE! :party: :rainbow:
Previous 1 ... 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41 Next
610 posts Page 38 of 41