The FastDay Forum

General 5:2 and Fasting Chat

610 posts Page 35 of 41
Previous 1 ... 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38 ... 41 Next
Hi all, #2 popping in. Another week done and another small loss from me. 0.4lb down for me this week. Still doing basic 5:2 and eating whatever I want the other days. It's a small loss but another new low so very pleased with it.

Challenge start weight: 168.4 lbs
28th of june: 169.4 lbs +1 lb
5th of july: 169.6 lbs + 0.2 lb
2nd of Aug: 168.4 lbs -1.2 lb
9th of Aug: 168.8 lbs +0.4
15th of Aug: 169 lbs +0.2
22nd of Aug: 167.6lbs -1.4 lb
29th of Aug: 166.8lbs -0.8 lb
6th of sept: 166.4lbs -0.4 lb
Since the start of the challenge: -2.0 lb . 8lbs to go. Ooopps!! think I set my goal a bit high :oops: If I can lose 1 more lb in this challenge I'll be very very happy :)
No. 8, started at 72.5kgs.
I started well but am currently wallowing in 'failure' at 72kgs due to late nibbling, seasonal onset mindset, and no proper fasting :0(
Must. Do. Better.
:bugeyes:
# 3 checking in.

I got back to the same weight this week as last week, 80.6 - after much upping and downing.

2 x 500 cal fast days and 1 x 1000 cal fast day.

Still have three weeks I believe, so I may yet get below 80kgs...maybe, hopefully. :clover:

Dear @Janeg, there is no such this as fail. Tomorrow is a new day and the day we all start afresh. Best wishes for your new day, new start. :)
@Janeg, that little post sounds so sad. I hope you are ok. :heart:

No.17 here with my weekly list of excuses! I am 2lbs up this week because:
:bomb: I started a daily body sculpting challenge, so its muscle
:bomb:I weighed before a :poop: and have been a bit bunged up for a couple of days,
:bomb:I drank beer and ate white bread, so I'm retaining water

I am 3.4lbs away from goal now. It seems to be slipping further away each week. But yet, I havent quite given up all hope of meeting the challenge. In the past I have had little plateaux, before a 4lb drop. This is a 9 week plateau now, so I am due a BIG drop again.., soon....honest....any day now. ...!
Hey @janeg - how's about "not-quite-achieved-as-planned" instead of the dreaded "f" word???

Last week, due to some monumental wobbles of late, I weighed 3lbs more than when I started the Springing into Fall challenge back in June. I am a bit of an up & down sort of person mood-wise (have a tendency to depression) but though I had to face up to and accept my situation, the realisation came on a "good" day...so instead of beating myself up for being supposedly utterly weak & useless, I actually spent a bit of time analysing what had been going on in my life to explain it.....

In the scheme of things, I felt that a gain of just 3lbs was a minor miracle - it could have been so much worse, given how I had been feeling in myself. Life is not always a bed of roses for any of us and in my case, I have always comforted myself with food...and still do. I also reasoned that hey, I had had the guts to publicly commit myself to a particular loss over a particular timescale.....but honestly....are we really in a race? Does it really matter? It is so important to enjoy living at the same time as trying to commit to this WOL....and we all know that if we have any sense, we are in it for the long haul, so let's celebrate what we have achieved rather than berate ourselves. It seems to me that this tendency is a peculiarly female trait - many of us do it...yet we are always the first to support others when they need it.

Time for us to step up to the plate for you janeg, because you are always so kind & supportive to others. Chin up sweetie...perhaps someone else's perspective would help you right now?

Sending great big ((((((hugs)))))) your way xx

:rainbow: :rainbow: :rainbow:
Wise words,@Hazelnut20!

I lost 1 lb this week by Libra trend, but have been seeing dramatic water fluctuations, so I think I'm actually down a bit more as far as fat loss. Though the scale was up .6 lb from this day last week, I felt delightfully slim several days this week, and the weekly difference is well within the 2 lbs I always gain from eating at the Thai restaurant.

I won't make my challenge goal by a large margin, but I have fasted faultlessly through this period. So my conclusion is not that I've failed, but that my goal wasn't realistic, considering that I am currently within a pound or two of the lowest weight I've been at in 16 years. I didn't maintain it either time before for more than a few weeks, while now the scale is still moving down in extremely small increments and I have every reason to expect I can maintain here, as I intend to keep on fasting.

And I continue to enjoy my food greatly on feed days. Yesterday I baked an apple crisp. I've found that none of the local bakeries makes anything all that delicious, especially since they put palm oil in so much of what they bake, which I hate. So once a week I am going to be baking a 4 serving batch of something yummy. OH is thrilled. As long as I don't make more than I can safely eat we will do fine. And when it gets colder we will be cooking fancier meals as we are getting bored with the local restaurants. Though it has been quite a treat to eat out as much as we have been doing this summer.
I will wait to add my official weigh in next Saturday having put on 6.25lbs with my sons wedding celebrations. I suspect a lot of it was eating more carbs than I have recently been used to including much wine :grin: but my signature weights reflect what is happening. After yesterday's fast I have already lost 3.5 lbs so probably mostly fluid but encouraging. So it's back to 16:8ing & three weekly fasts. Soup for lunch today & fish pie for supper so getting back into routine now :like: :clover:
I am still hopeful of losing more weight before the challenge ends but won't make my original goal but may reach my interim goal of 12 stone or a BMI of 29 so will then only be overweight & not still in the obese range. :cool:
janeg wrote: no 29
fail
that is all
:(

janeg you have not failed you are just taking the scenic route for awhile like lots of us!! :heart: :heart:
#20 back on the wagon & reporting in......

Last week I was 4lbs heavier than when I started the challenge back in June....

Stood on the scales this morning after a mixed week - some scoffing, but always nothing to eat before midday (i.e. no breakfast) and 2 successful fasts.....and what did the scales tell me? Down 5.8lbs, would you believe.....

Obviously, I have the usual love/hate relationship with my scales....and my hormones too, but just for today, I am pretty darned pleased with them.

That means that so far in this challenge, I have lost 1.8lbs. Nothing to crow about there...but the picture is so much better this week than last and I believe I am getting my fasting mojo back...which is great news!

Just shows that we shouldn't give up hope.....and we should definitely grit our teeth when necessary and jump back on that there horse.....clippety clop, clippety clop!!

Hugs to all xxx

@Hazelnut20,

That is encouraging! I really wish we had scales that only showed us 2 week averages. We'd be so much saner.
Amen to that @peebles!

Them there scales hold quite a bit of power don't they? Even though the tape measure is mightier and let's also not forget that how we look is what matters to us most of all. When I look at other women, I never try to guess what they weigh! It wouldn't occur to me to try to assess in that way. I might wish I was their size or shape, but that is as far as it goes.

So why do we torture ourselves with the scales? I've no idea!

Well done Hazelnut. I am hoping to see a reduction this week but we shall see.
#53 with good news to report!
I'm at my Spring into Fall Challenge target weight of 10 stone 2 pounds!
26th June: 10 stone 5 pounds
2nd July: 10 stone 5 pounds
10th July: 10 stone 7 pounds
16th July: 10 stone 5 pounds
23rd July: 10 stone 10 pounds
30th July: 10 stone 7 pounds
7th August: 10 stone 5 pounds
13th August: 10 stone 6 pounds
20th August:10 stone 6 pounds
27th August: 10 stone 6 pounds
4th September: away, so didn't weigh
10th September: 10 stone 2 pounds
My target was just three pounds, but it has been a challenge, having spent most of the challenge period weighing more than when I started...
I haven't missed a single fast in that period, and I've just started running, and am now considering changing this interim target to a final target, as I was hoping to do maintenance on just one fast per week, and it looks unlikely! So not sure. Will probably see what my weight is next week incase I'm just dehydrated!
peebles wrote: Wise words,@Hazelnut20!

And I continue to enjoy my food greatly on feed days. Yesterday I baked an apple crisp. I've found that none of the local bakeries makes anything all that delicious, especially since they put palm oil in so much of what they bake, which I hate. So once a week I am going to be baking a 4 serving batch of something yummy. OH is thrilled. As long as I don't make more than I can safely eat we will do fine.

Love this planning of a nice baked delight. Do you have a recipe for your apple crisp @Peebles?
Previous 1 ... 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38 ... 41 Next
610 posts Page 35 of 41