The FastDay Forum

General 5:2 and Fasting Chat

610 posts Page 37 of 41
Previous 1 ... 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41 Next
Bracken wrote: Number 31 checking in.

Much to my surprise, I've done it! Not only have I met and exceeded my challenge target, I've also achieved my final goal. Now I need to think about whether I want to re-set that.

Although I'm pleased, it feels like an anit-climax.

WOW.. LOOK at the angle of the blue and purple lines on your charg!!!
Congratulations. On meeting allyour challenges and achieving your final goal. If you are at a healthy weight, why not stick to that and go onto maintenance?
Well done Bracken :star: :star:
Checking in with 5lb 12oz loss since coming back from my sons wedding so very pleased with that. I have 1.5lbs to still lose to get back to my pre-wedding weight but won't meet my challenge goal & have so far not managed to get any of my goal weights in challenges :frown: However since starting this challenge I have lost an overall total of 3.5lbs in weight despite going up & down with holidays & family celebrations so I am gradually creeping down. My next holiday is not until mid-November so I have two months to do much better.
Very well done to anyone who has reached their challenge goal! When does it finish?
@Bracken congratulations on meeting your goal. :like: :cool: - anti climax ... well as peebles says it's an amazing achievement, so don't lose sight of this. How about marking this great moment with a special treat (I did not have food in mind :wink: ). I'm treating myself to a 'fastday' finger ring, only a few pounds to go ....... and I'll be out there shopping :grin:
Hi@Annurca well done - many congratulations on smashing your challenge, it's fab to see so many doing well. @chinchin happy birthday to you I hope you had a lovely time and yes everyone on the forum is so inspiring and I'm glad you feel safe here, I feel I could attain absolutely anything :shock: :shock: careful Lizbean! :grin:

Hi @Isis not sure when it ends, I seem to recall 23 Sept. I plan to report final result end September and then move straight into the Xmas challenge........... :victory:

No12 reporting in - 1lb up on last week. 2lbs from goal and waiting ever so patiently :wink:
Well done @Bracken!
I think you need to mark this with some sort of treat to yourself, whether it be the time to read a book, buying a ring/dress, whatever! It's a fantastic achievement! :like:
Wow Bracken-congratulations! You've done exceptionally well.
Hello Everyone!
I am sorry again for being scarce. I did not realize just how overwhelmed I'd be with my regular job and teaching 2 new college classes this fall. But, basically I work A LOT, and when I'm not working I'm exhausted. I have stopped eating like the world is going to end tomorrow, but I haven't been fasting or exercising, sadly. I do hope to get on top of things soon and in a better routine.

Thanks for asking about me @peebles

I am sorry again for dropping the ball as challenge leader, but you all have seemed to carry on just great, encouraging each other and I appreciate that. The challenge is set to end around the 23rd, so I will try to do a good job of wrapping it up then!

Keep up the good work!!
Hey @chinchin - a belated happy birthday to you - hope it was great!

I so appreciated your post and totally related to it as well. I'm sure many others know the feeling....

The marvellous thing about this forum is that so many of us share so much in common and are happy to discuss it too. The psychology of eating is very deep - how I wish I reacted to stress by being unable to eat, or could lie in a hot bubble bath as a reward, but my idea of rewarding myself is totally food-based. It's best described as lacking in sweetness in my actual life, so frantically trying to consume sweet things in a bid to feel better. Of course, it never matters how much in the way of sweet things goes in...it could never be enough to make up for what I feel I am lacking.....and like a fool I keep eating way past the point when I have ceased to actually enjoy what I am eating (family bag of Maltesers for instance).

Well, that's enough introspection for one day I'm sure!

:rainbow: :rainbow: :rainbow:
@cblasz - you have been a great leader, so cut yourself some slack, because you stepped up to the plate for the rest of us!

Hope things calm down a little for you soon though!

The saying "If you want anything done, ask a busy person" is so true!

Take care x

@Lizbean and @Hazelnut20, thank you for the birthday wishes. I had a very nice day, lots of love and good wishes; more that I expected. Oh and some presents too. :smile:
Happy birthday@chinchin! Sorry this is a bit late but...Keep that bday vibe going as long as you can! X hope the coming year will be wonderful and full of nice surprises and happy occasions! X
image.jpg
image.jpg (41.24 KiB) Viewed 313 times
@hazelnut20 you made me smile..for me too,the idea of a bubble bath as a treat just doesnt do anything for me! Treats are always food related..altho i can grasp they don't have to be,they just are... :lol:
Hazelnut20 wrote: @cblasz - you have been a great leader, so cut yourself some slack, because you stepped up to the plate for the rest of us!

Take care x

@hazelnut20Amen to that sister! Thanks to @cblasz..
altho i have failed this challenge miserably, i appreciate you setting it up as its helped many here shave off some pounds and inches :like:
Hello

Number 7 reporting in.

Checking in with my last weigh in for this challenge, so the final figure is 10.5 lbs off, so not met my target of 14lbs, but I'm really pleased.
I'm off to Hawaii for a month in a few days, and really glad not to be taking those extra 10lbs with me!
Hazelnut20 wrote: @cblasz - you have been a great leader, so cut yourself some slack, because you stepped up to the plate for the rest of us!

Take care x

Here, here @Hazelnut @cblaze I completely get you, as Hazel says "if you want anything done ask a busy person" - I have a co-chair in my voluntary work and it's still a huge challenge - so well done you for leading us. I have gained much learning in this challenge so thank you very much for that. :heart: :victory:
Previous 1 ... 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41 Next
610 posts Page 37 of 41