The FastDay Forum

General 5:2 and Fasting Chat

610 posts Page 36 of 41
Previous 1 ... 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39 ... 41 Next
Whoop whoop @annurca - well done, that is brilliant news! Hearty congratulations to you!

Looking at your stats during the challenge just goes to show how important it is to "hang on in there" and not get disheartened. You have clearly just got on with it, whatever news the scales brought each week and that is so very impressive...

Am very pleased for you xx

:rainbow: :rainbow: :rainbow:
Thank you @hazelnut20!
I'm so pleased to have hit target, but I do rather think it may be a blip. Time will tell, and I'm going to enjoy it whatever! I've had a bread and muesli feast in celebration, which is probably not the most sensible, but sometimes these things just happen... Tomorrow is a fast day!
Well done annurca fabulous! Must be a wonderful feeling to reach your goal, if it is a blip as you say you must still be so close to your target that it will soon be fully in your grasp for you to learn to maintain it! Wonderful x
Oops - i have had a blip - summer has been so busy that i have got out of the way of fasting but come Monday i will be back on track. Not sure yet what the damage is - i'll find out on Monday :frown:
Well done to everyone that has achieved their goals so far.
Quick post before I run off to the preps.

Very happy with the scales this am...72.7kg - only 200g to reach my springing goal!

Hang in there those who are less happy with the scales...hold on to the achievements you have made, remember why you're doing this, and know that you can get there! :clover:
@cblasz,

Its been a while since you were here, so I hope all is well, even if you are too busy to post much. And if you are silent because the challenge didn't work out for you as you hoped it would, well you are far from alone in that.

Do stop by and let us know how you are doing!
oops.. im up to 71.5 on Libra trend line. even saw 72.9 one day but didnt record it (naughty me)

the purple line in the forum tracker still shows 69.6 but that confirms to me the danger of the "best line of fit" as its affected by starting point too much and doesnt reflect recent scale results.

weight loss point of view... bit of a "fail" im afraid. thinking about it i have some (good) excuses
- bit of an upheaval in household in last 2 months which resulted in more eating just cause i was out of synch
- not daily weighing (that didnt cause the weight but kept my mind off the agenda) and it was tooo bloody cold in Sydney
- not really thinking about what calories i was consuming on fast days. i wouldnt be surprised it it was more close to 1000 calories.
- i returned to not fasting on a Sunday and being near the kitchen it was a sure way to be eating too much . will keep sundays as eating days but i need to be more vigilant on fast days
Number 19 checking in and I have lost THREE pounds this week! That still is only a total of 4.5 for the challenge but it is better than nothing I suppose.
Good luck to you Friday weighers.
X
Number 31 checking in.

Much to my surprise, I've done it! Not only have I met and exceeded my challenge target, I've also achieved my final goal. Now I need to think about whether I want to re-set that.

Although I'm pleased, it feels like an anit-climax.
That's way better than what I've managed so far @slimmer! So well done you :like:

I started off thinking a pound a week for 14 weeks should be doable......but the reality of summer & all that life throws at you, has been very different! I can only claim a loss of 1.8lbs since starting the challenge....less than impressive I know. Having said that, we should remember to also look at the long picture...as in, how far have we come and how much we have changed our relationship with food since starting this WOL......even if we do slip up from time to time....

My relationship with food was totally out of kilter last year, but it is much better now, so for me, that's a big reason to celebrate!

Let's keep on keeping on! Best of luck everyone xx

STOP PRESS! Mighty congratulations to @bracken....whoop whoop & way to go!!

:rainbow: :rainbow: :rainbow:
Well done @Bracken. I have been looking at your tracker and your weight loss is fantastic! It just goes to show that this way of eating does work.
X
Well done those who hit targets.
@Hazelnut you and me both thought the same thing. I didn't realise how tough the summer would be what with weddings and holidays and Mils plying me with alcohol :wink: .
This week though back on to fasting and back on to the C25k and I am 1.75lb down so big Yay as it 's TOTM as well so always goes a bit then anyway.
Hi number 38 checking in, down to 79.02kg this week. Got dress for my sons wedding last weekend , not very motherly but very me! Fits eat but I think I would be happier a kg lighter. Must improve my "signature" to help me remember what weight I was last time I posted. Happy weekend everyone x
#3 checking in.

This week I celebrated my birthday. The scales showed a gain of 400 gms this morning. I consider 400 gms not as serious as it might have been. With two and a half weeks to go I am still hoping that I will lose something. I'm trying to be patient, waiting for a serious loss; a kilo or more. I have noticed that although I feel optimistic about losing, there is a little niggle in my head that whispers, "what if all your patience and fasting doesn't work?" It could be a little war going on inside me because of past disappointments. Fortunately there are so many success stories, past and present here on this blog that a sense of hope rises to the surface all the time. Weight loss is so much more than what we eat, when we eat it. The older I get the more I realise I have a substantial amount of emotional baggage too.
Never before have I had a safe haven to open this all up and take a good look. Thanks everyone for providing this 'safe' place.

last weight: 80.6
today's weight: 81.0
@Bracken,

Congratulations! You've done a masterful job. It may feel anticlimactic, but only a tiny handful of people stick to their diets for a whole year, and far fewer reach goal. You must reward yourself with something meaningful, because you really deserve it.
Previous 1 ... 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39 ... 41 Next
610 posts Page 36 of 41