The FastDay Forum

General 5:2 and Fasting Chat

319 posts Page 6 of 22
Previous 1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 ... 22 Next
I'm also at a 3 month lull, haven't really lost anything for the last 3 weeks so you have all inspired me to do a total fast today, to hopefully get things moving again. Fast days have never been much of a problem for me but eating 'normally' on a feast day is where I have trouble, so I am going to try and be more careful on my eating days too.
Hi roo, how are you finding it so far? I am doing it today as well , so far so good , well the difficult time will be dinner time where I usually have all my calories on fast day but I am determined to get through it. Looks like there will be quite a few doing a no food fast Thursday, wildmissus you inspired lots of people :smile:
Well done eckat.

I'll be joining you all tomorrow :-)
Hi Suchard007

Please can I join you? I've been messing around doing this half heartedly for the last few weeks & only going in the wrong direction :cry:
This post has really inspired me so I'm going to try this. My last meal will be round about 8pm tonight so I plan to next eat after 8am Friday morning-is that right? :?:

I'm really inspired reading everyones success stories on here but after the first couple of weeks when I did well this hasn't worked for me but I think I'm eating too much on my 'feast' days so maybe I need to knuckle down & track my calories for a while too :frown:
Just on briefly while I have lunch.

I am completely blown away with every one joining in!

I have decided I will do it again tomorrow, just a wee bit concerned that the novelty of Monday might wear off. Am I really going to have the willpower to make the family dinner and not have anything myself? Will come back later with a plan.
Hey Wildmissus ;)

You started this - you know you can do it ;)

We'll all be here on and off to keep each other going.... I'll make sure I check in a few times not just if I need encouragement but also to give it...

See you all here after dinner tonight!
Well it looks like I'll be fitting in a fast of sorts today as well

After lunch (salad, yoghurt and berries and some porridge, I have has a really bad attack of diarrhoea - not sure if its a side effect if fasting or if I've picked up a bug, but I guess it's going to be no food for a while them try something very light later ....

Anybody else had any issues after a 36 hour no good fast? Most of my fluid yesterday was coffee so probably but the best but I am hoping this is a bug and not a side effect???
Hi Malteserr, I'm doing ok thanks, just finished work and not hungry yet !! now the task of cooking the kids tea. Should be ok after that as I have to take my daughter to ballet which will keep me out of temptations way !!! good luck with the rest of your day.
wildmissis - of course you're going to have the willpower - you're the lass that started it all - well this particular thread and this inspiration for us anyway :like:

Think the list of those joining in tomorrow is getting quite long - what a result - the more the merrier I reckon. I've got a friend round for dinner tonight (chicken stir fry, noodles and a glass of wine) - that should set me up in good stead for tomorrow. Looking forward to it already ...........
Roo, Malteserr, How are you both getting on, you're getting to the difficult time.

Thanks Suchard, the 36er's club is definitely getting bigger.

I still felt good today but I did eat a little more today and at lunch time I went to the old fashioned sweetie shop and bought a quarter of butternuts. Half of them have been eaten this afternoon (and not all my me). I left the rest lying on my desk at work so I'll have to put them in a drawer first thing tomorrow. I have to say that I'm beginning to run out of steam now.

I have my plan now for tomorrows complete fast. I finished my dinner at 6:45pm - Hairy Dieters Sweet and Sour Chicken and rice and a couple of digestives with my cuppa. There is enough left for OH for a reheat for his fast day tomorrow. My daughters will get an unhealthy treat that I don't like anyway. I'm working tomorrow as usual so no problem there. When I get home I'll organize the dinner and while they are eating I will go and give the en suite a much needed thorough clean and then maybe even the bathroom. Later on I will distract myself by going on the internet to look for next years holiday. We can only afford to go abroad ever second year and the Thomson's 2014 holidays come out tomorrow. So it means I'm doing the grotty jobs first then follow it with some pleasure. I won't have time to think about eating.
This is such an inspirational thread. It is so wonderful reading about you 36-ers, I think there may be spin off threads, leading to forums, etc. I know Dr. Mosley is our HERO! (sigh!) but , let's face it , when push came to shove, he didn't quite make it? The thing about the pushing of boundaries which Dr.M. doesn't quite make is that he is very honest about what those boundaries are for him - and they are not as high as the boundaries loads of people on this forum are making! There is a revolution going on can you tell I'm a 60's kind of girl? Just had a reality check (in my sixties!) I mean to say. :smile:
Hi! I would like to try! i have done a 24 hr last week & was fine. Can i clarify .. am I allowed a coffee with milk? and an instant soup i.e Ainsley's at some point in the 36 hours?
I'm making sure I eat every calorie of my TDEE today to prepare for tomorrow :-)
Jai02 wrote: Hi! I would like to try! i have done a 24 hr last week & was fine. Can i clarify .. am I allowed a coffee with milk? and an instant soup i.e Ainsley's at some point in the 36 hours?

Personally? I wouldn't because you're breaking the fast/not giving your digestion a complete break.

However, if it enables you to build up to a complete zero calorie 36 hour fast in a week or so then I see no harm :-)
Ooo, wildmissus, I need to make a plan too. Right, my weak point will be the afternoon before school pick up so... Will work all morning then go to the gym during my weak point. Once I've picked my daughter up until the time she goes to bed I should be fine. That leaves a second potential point - after 7pm. So I need to think about a displacement activity... Perhaps a walk once DH gets home and is eating his dinner... Yep, that might work. If I can make it to 9pm then I'll be fine.
Previous 1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 ... 22 Next
319 posts Page 6 of 22