The FastDay Forum

General 5:2 and Fasting Chat

319 posts Page 9 of 22
Previous 1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12 ... 22 Next
I'm doing a 36 hour water fast today and this will be my third time. The longest I've gone is 42 hours - my goal was 48 hours, but didn't make it. I agree with Redhead: NO food is easier than a LITTLE food.
I noticed that after a 36 hour, my appetite is greatly reduced for several days, whereas after the 24 hour, the appetite is diminished only the next day. I like the feeling of not being controlled by food and if 36 hour is what does it for me then I'll keep it up. Hope to make it to 48 hour someday.
Keep going Meribel, we're all in this together!

Well, so far so strong. My daughter will be in bed at 7pm and after that's my danger time, especially now as my husband has said he thinks he's working late tonight so I can't go for my evening distraction walk... Have to think of something else.

On the other hand, I'm feeling absolutely fine. Perhaps I need to have more faith in myself that I'll not need distraction, that I'll simply not be eating tonight - end of!
I know that danger time is approaching, keep busy, drink water, read the forum, that will keep you distracted and motivate you to keep going. Remember how proud you are going to feel tomorrow morning after accomplishing a no food fast
I've been wanting to try a 0 cal fast for some weeks now, but haven't done it yet. Today I've decided to try. It's dinnertime and I'm not overly hungry and have things to keep me busy. I might allow myself a hot chocolate later if I really need something, I might even make it with milk - but no solid food will pass my lips today!
Woohoo, Moogie is joining us!
:D ...but is it cheating if I have hot choc this evening?! I don't particularly like tea or coffee, never have :)
I'm usually water only for 24 hours on my fasts anyway.

Now I start to feel like a hot choc is cheating, maybe I'll try to pretend the water is hot choc instead!
Well I'm still going today, on a normal fast day I would've succumbed to my 500cals by now, but am still fine. Great to see everyone joining us all too! Was still 2lbs down on Mondays weigh in this morning which is unusual as by thurs I've usually crept back up to where I started on Monday or 1/2lb off. I am using the same strategy as Monday and rather than telling myself I can't eat until tomorrow I'm putting off eating and once past 9 I know I won't want to as I dislike late night eating. Same with nightly hot choc, I thought I'd have that Monday, but found later in the evening I was no longer bothered and just skipped it!
Have fed the kids, nearly accidentally ate a sweet offered today as fasting had become so normal I forget I'm doing it! Have tried to keep water intake up and am on second can of poison...oh sorry diet coke! Ha, ha! Don't think I can truly call this a water fast, but zero calorie! Looking forward to the morning and hoping for no repeat headache! Keep going everyone! We are strong and powerful fasters and we can do this!!
Breadandwine wrote:

I've been a member of The Fasting Connection forum for quite a while, now:

http://www.fastingconnection.com/forum/index

Well worth a look - these guys are really hardcore!

Somewhere on there is advice about the best way to break a long fast.

Thanks for the link - I joined and found it full of interesting posts! :like:
Hi 5:2 36ers :smile: Sorry I missed out this morning - running late for my train :oops:
Had a 2+ walk to work and back again today (no internet access where I work on a Thursday/Friday so feel a bit forum deprived today - I'll make up for it this evening). Only liquids so far today, tea, coffee, water and a veg stock drink. I'm really hungry - stomach complaining loudly. No-one else at home with me tonight so I don't have to go anywhere near the kitchen - but I think I need another veggie drink soon. Feeling quite tired - which I usually do on a fast day anyway, so it may well be an early night with a good book (just started World Without End, Ken Follett).

Wildmissus - can't believe your post about your boss and the toast. I'd have told him where to stick it - buttered side first :bugeyes: but that's my red hair talking! Bloomin' cheek if you ask me - and that's being polite !

And how great is it having Moogie with us :like:

Keep going everyone ......... :clover:
Well I survived cooking chicken kievs (ooh the yummy smell of garlic!) for the children and they ate out in the sunny garden which helped. All leftovers and scrapings went down the waste disposal - the mechanical one, not ME :grin: After that I feel pretty invincible :lol:

I'd normally be eating now but have to say I don't think I feel any hungrier than I did first thing this morning, less so if anything, bizarrely. I reckon I can do this!

What will people break their fast with? I'm out for a a meal tomorrow evening but don't want to be in pain because its a shock to my system IYSWIM? It's a posh restaurant where the food is excellent but the portions aren't huge, so that's something... I can't wait!
Today is my fast day, and I'm going to try to go 36 hrs without food. I've been wanting to do a no food fast since I began, but haven't had the willpower to make it through. Today that's going to change.

I had a Snickers bar last night around 9:30 so I've already made it through the first twelve. :smile:
Winsome - take a round of applause - chicken kievs - mmmmmmmmm I can smell them from here :bugeyes:
Still going strong and it's 7.30pm! An early night calls after finishing this.
I sat out in the sunshine earlier, with my black tea, then made Hairy Bikers Chicken Jalfrezi for my OH. I put loads of chillies in it, which I hate but he loves, so I couldn't eat it even if I wanted to! :smile:
I am now sipping a lime juice and dry ginger drink (no added sugar lime juice and low cal ginger ale). Not sure if it's 'allowed' on a 36 hour fast but I don't like coffee in the evening. I worked it out to be about 12 cals and I can live with that. It sure beats water although even better with vodka in it! Oh well, I can wait until tomorrow now.
Good night all :sleepy:
This afternoon at work I was hungry....really hungry. I was also thinking about making the family dinner, which of course made me hungry.

Anyway, went home and started talking to my husband about next years summer holiday. Put the oven on and made the tea inbetween looking at the laptop for holidays. Dish up the meals, back on the laptop, youngest daughter brings me a cup of tea, still on the laptop. Blimey everyone has eaten their tea and I didn't even notice because I was on the laptop. Not hungry.

I think what happened earlier was that I was setting myself up for a problem when making the tea and I think that is what we are all doing by thinking evenings are danger times, if that makes sense. Anyway I've read all your posts, got excited about holidays (but not booked one yet) and I haven't cleaned the en suite or bathroom yet! But I'll do that next because I have square eyes now.

eckat, sounds like you might have had a bug, take it easy.

Butter mint tea is Twinings and I got mine from Sainsburys.

Moogie, for your first unplanned 36er, if you feel you need the hot chocolate then go for it - you will have proven to yourself you didn't need to eat anything and once you've done that then the next time maybe no hot chocolate.
Oh this thread has run full speed ahead!

Moogie I would try not to drink any calories. You're used to 24 hour fasts so you can definitely push the zero calorie hours out.

However, a hot choc is better than food (and a splash of milk in tea etc is better than a hot choc) so choose your sins :wink:

Right, off to catch up on this evening's post!
Previous 1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12 ... 22 Next
319 posts Page 9 of 22