The FastDay Forum

General 5:2 and Fasting Chat

375 posts Page 13 of 25
Previous 1 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16 ... 25 Next
Re: 5:2 + 16:8
08 Jun 2013, 10:17
Thanks thats really helpful :) Do you know how many cals during this 8 hours?
08 Jun 2013, 11:01
I'm probably the wrong person to answer as I haven't read the book yet, but I'm assuming it is up to your TDEE as in a normal non-Fast day
08 Jun 2013, 13:50
SianS wrote: I'm probably the wrong person to answer as I haven't read the book yet, but I'm assuming it is up to your TDEE as in a normal non-Fast day

I'm with you on that SianS - both on not being an expert & on the number of cals :grin:
08 Jun 2013, 14:19
Hi Zamale
Are you doing the combined 5:2/16:8 or just 16:8?

If you combine it you do 2 fast days of 500C and then on the other days you just eat within the 8 hour window. The idea is supposed to be that you can eat normally and without counting but lots have found that we are in this position because our idea of 'normal' is somewhat skewed! That's why some try to stick within a specific calorie allowance.

I just do 16:8 as it seems to suit me better. I don't particularly count cals as I have to eat low carb for blood glucose issues and that seems to keep them down automatically. What most seem to do is to try it without counting to start with. Lots seem to manage OK. If the weight loss stops try logging what you eat for a few days on MFS or MFP and see if you are exceeding your recommended allowance.
08 Jun 2013, 14:33
Hate it when I write a post & it disappears!
I'm 16:8 ing today and hubby has joined in! He doesn't think he could do 5:2 but likes the idea of 16:8. :lol:
Who is doing 5:2 and then 16:8 the rest of their week? Is that ok or too much? Did our usual walk this morning in glorious sunshine. Loving this weather. :cool:
08 Jun 2013, 14:52
I have decided 2 fast days Mon & Friday, 3 days 16:8ing In-between & relaxing on Saturday & Sunday. I am trying to have a weekly calorie average of near or less than my TDEE so slightly less when 16:8ing & more including wine over the weekend.
08 Jun 2013, 16:53
I am curious what WAY-HEY'ing is? Is it letting loose on the weekends and going over TDEE if desired? I see many are doing this, and it sounds like fun, but I'm not exactly sure what it means!
08 Jun 2013, 18:26
I think it was Azureblue that coined that phrase and yes, that's right, some of us are trying 5:2 on 2 days, 18:6 another 2 or 3 days a week and then anything goes at the weekend. Way hey and it's different spelling variations means 'way hey it's the weekend' as in 'hooray' :grin:

At the risk of becoming repetitive and boring I decided to do this because I had lost 1lb per week for 7 weeks easily doing 5:2 then I stayed he same weight for a week, then put on 2lbs which I kept losing and gaining again for a couple of weeks even though I wasn't doing anything different. I had seen Ballerinas 16:8 threads so I thought I would add these to the 5:2, no harm in trying. I did all 16:8 the week of half term because I was out of routine and have done 5:2 + 16:8 all this past week. I am so pleased to report that I have lost those 2lb plus another one, so I am now at my lightest since I started this about 10 weeks ago. I start eating at about 1:30 and don't have anything after 9:30, no hardship there.

Today I didn't open my window till 4:15 because I was so busy out and about from early this morning. We are having a BBQ this evening and there WILL be wine :smile:
08 Jun 2013, 18:32
Congrats on your losses Wendy and thanks to you and Izzy for confirming what Way-Hey means :)
08 Jun 2013, 18:45
Wendy Darling wrote: Today I didn't open my window till 4:15

Love that phrase :) :)

I opened my window at 15:30 today, I know it's weekend & I should be wey-heying, but if you'd seen what I ate Weds & Thurs with customers :oops:
Anyhow, the window is now well & truly open :smile:
08 Jun 2013, 19:05
It's too hot and sunny to close the window ...
:0D
Woohoo!
08 Jun 2013, 19:44
Very well done Wendy Darling on your weight loss.
I am currently way heying having consumed three glasses of white wine today, many garlic croutons with the wine & been out to lunch so my window has opened & not yet closed. Tomorrow may be similar :grin: but I will fast on Monday :smile:
08 Jun 2013, 20:07
Wendy Darling wrote: Welcome aboard pumpkin42, keep posting so we can all compare notes. Hi Annie. How are you getting on Sarahg, mummybunny, gillymary and motherof2?

16:8 today, this is what I ate..... Ok or too much?
Green tea all morning
Lunch at 1:30 huge salad with a boiled egg and 2 slices of ham
Banana with a small pot of custard
Pear
Several cups of chai with 1% milk during the afternoon
Dinner at 7:30 huge salad with homemade katsu chicken breast curry (grilled not fried)
Rice cracker with cathedral city cheese portion, branston pickle and an apple
Cup of chai
Going to bed with a full tummy.

5:2 fast tomorrow. Hope this is working. Still 10st 1lb this morning

I am loving the 16/8 and 5:2. It seems to have speeded up my weight loss but I'm also finding that I feel full so much quicker. I try to gorge on 16/8 but I cant do it as I find the stuffed feeling too uncomfortable. I have no complaints at all and plan to continue combining both eating methods. LOVE IT!!!! :heart:
08 Jun 2013, 20:28
Today's window closed at 9.15 pm.i don't think I have eaten as much as I can tend to do after a fast day. Definitely combining the 2 for the time being. Xx
08 Jun 2013, 20:49
After gaining almost 1 kg this week and reading all the posts on here I am going to give 5:2 + 16/8 a try. Did my 16/8 today and I found it pretty easy. Hopefully I will see a decrease on the scales next Saturday. I am hoping the weight gain is not all fat but water retention as well because I had a salty week consuming halloumi, cheesy nachos and pizza , not all on the same day but still oops.
Previous 1 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16 ... 25 Next
375 posts Page 13 of 25