The FastDay Forum

General 5:2 and Fasting Chat

708 posts Page 1 of 48
Previous 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 48 Next
Calling all newbies and seasoned fasters; here's your new 10 week challenge.
Yes, it's ten weeks till Easter, when those of us in the Northern hemisphere will be yearning for sun, and those in the south will be looking forward to the cooler months.
A year ago today, I weighed in at 13st 10.5lbs (192.5lbs or 87.31kg) and on the 18th April (same date as this year's Good Friday) I checked in at 12st 10lbs (178lbs 80.73kg). We had just become grandparents again! I had just written in my food diary: 24 lbs to go to take me to a healthy BMI.
So, if plain old Mrs Dumpy here can lose a stone(14lbs) in ten weeks, how much do you think you could lose? Whatever you set as your challenge, make it SMART:

Specific
Measurable
Achievable
Realistic
Time bound

Are you in/ What's your goal? There's a week's crossover with the Valentine challenge. If you're already doing that, keep your current signature, and change it on 14 Feb to show your Easter challenge number, current weight and goal weight for 18 April.
My SMART goal is to lose 1" off my waist and to get up to 8000 steps at least 4 times a week.

So fellow fasters..
Banish that weight you know you hate;
Ten weeks to go, so aim for that low!

Easter challenge
SMART losers:

Please weigh in and post your weight every Friday

#1 @PennyForthem
#2 @Fourtherecord goal loss 7lbs
#3 @skinnyjeans
#4 @isis goal loss 11lbs
#5 @Brand-ie goal loss 10lbs
#6 @Azureblue
#7 @maryannemcconnell
#8 @lizzieh
#10 @sassy1
#11 @carorees 2kg (4.4lb) to goal
#12 @carolinet1982
#13 @BethP goal 8st 10lbs
#14 @Babyfish goal loss 14lbs
#15 @WestLondonChick goal loss 7lbs
#16 @cblasz goal loss 10lbs goal 165lbs
#17 @LSD goal loss 14lbs
#18 @auriga goal weight 55kg
#19 @thefrog goal loss 2kg target weight 57kg
#20 @sue.q
#21 @candicemarie 10lbs loss at 1lb a week
#22 @wildmissus goal: 11st exactly
#23 @mfh goal: 168lbs
#24 @Juliana.rivers goal 69.999kg
#25 @loversghost goal loss of 10lbs
#26 @danielle21711 target 145lbs
#27 @Tuesday goal loss of 10lbs
#28 @stowgateresident goal weight 147lbs
#29 @Loulou51 maintaining 119lbs or dropping a lb or two
#30 @carieoates TBA
#31 @nursebean goal weight Easter 10. 13
#32 @caroline75 goal loss 14lbs
#33 @mkmacphee goal weight 144lbs
#34 @matillian goal weight 62kg
#35 @maggiee goal '89.999kg!'
#36 @mich37 goal loss 9lbs
#37 @silverdarling wiggle room TBA
#38 @hazelnut20 16lbs goal weight 13.1
#39 @chickvic goal weight loss 8.6lbs
#40 @daydreamer goal weight 95kg
#41 @sweetenough goal loss 10lbs
#42 @pist1958 goal weight 68kg
#43 @bettyboo099 goal loss 10lbs
#44 @SianS Valentine goal
#45 @justdee
#46 @fraggle goal loss 10lbs
#47 @flamanette goal loss 15lbs
#48 @lastchance goal loss 20lbs
#49 @gorba goal 57kg
#50 @juliewil10 goal loss 5kg
#51 @sarah293 goal loss 10lbs
#52 @susbut65 goal loss 5lbs (you can do it!)
#53 @judithn goal weight 154lbs
#54 @minumonline goal weight 61.5kg
#55 @patchworkperson goal loss 10lbs
#56 @catamo TBA
#57 @tei88 goal loss 5lbs
#58 @prunella goal loss an optimistic 13lbs
#59 @Jacinta5 goal loss 5kg
#60 @wildberry goal loss 12lbs - another optimist!
#61 @kraze2013 goal - stick to 5 2
#62 @barney77 goal loss 7lbs
#63 @Riel goal loss 10lbs
#64 @lizbean goal loss 5lbs
#65 @bracken goal loss 10lbs
#66 @niamo goal loss 3.6kg
#67 @corinthium goal loss 10lbs
#68 @beckyeva goal loss 4kg
#69 @bannans goal loss 10lbs
#70 @katharina
#71 @madmittens goal weight 136lbs
#72 @slimnana goal loss 7lbs
#73 @evaluna goal loss 4kg
#74 @jabees goal loss 14lbs
#75 @Susie soo TBA
#76 @robmorris goal loss 20lbs -wow!
#77 @little boo goal loss 4kg
#78 @icefast goal for Easter to be under 90kg
#79 @carley goal loss 6kg
#80 @luvleeju
#81 @crafty goal TBA
#82 @fabinfour goal Easter weight 125lbs
#83 @rebel.baker goal loss 6kg
#84 @the fishbaum target TBA
#85 @thelovelysqueaky goal to get below 12 stone
#86 @spanner Easter goal below 60kg
#87 @SuefromSydney goal under 70kg
#88 @ayamagali goal 128lbs
I'm in!

Goals- to stick to 5:2 and not exceed my TDEE on non-fast days
. - to lose 7lb (currently 146lb)
I'm a bit of a techno-phone...how do you add a signature? I can't find it.....
I'm in. If I could match your loss Penny of 14lbs in 10 weeks I would be over the moon. My goal is to stick to 5:2, be sensible on my non fast days and hit that target! We go to the south of France the week before Easter for the summer and it would be fantastic if I was almost at my target by then. :-)
I'm in please! If only I could lose 14 pounds by Easter it would be amazing but I still seem to be stuck on the same weight. I think 11 or 12 lbs might be achievable & then I would be 12 stone 7 lbs!
I will try this it will be my first challenge
Goal to lose 10 lb in 10 weeks. I'm 235 lbs now so 225 by easter
Thanks @PennyForthem!
Me too please. I've just realised how much squirrelled-away gluten-free sugary treats lurk around my kitchen and am APPALLED! Today I shall eat them all and enjoy them but not replenish stocks. If I want more I shall have to make them and I'm mostly too lazy to bother!
So from tomorrow I plan to be gluten and sugar free 90% of the time (must be realistic).
Next week there's an intention to 16/8 on Mon/Tues/Thurs/Fri, longer each day if I can, and be sensible on Wed/Sat/Sunday, grandkids allowing :0)
Is that ok?
I would like to be in this SMART Easter challenge please! 10lbs in 10 weeks sounds good to me .. I am going UP and DOWN weight-wise since I started 5:2 beginning of January.

My start weight 193 lbs
My goal weight 183 lbs
Please tell me how to do the signature bit!
@Hi marryannemcconnell to do a signature you to the 'User Control panel' in the dark grey bar above.
Then click on the 'profile' tab
That will open and down the left hand side of that page you will see 'edit signature'.
Just type your message into that box. You can alter its colour, font and letter size using the grey bar directly above the typing box.
Brilliant idea, Penny - you're an excellent motivator! :heart:

But no more of that plain old Mrs Dumpy stuff, we don't buy that!! :wink:

I failed badly on the Christmas challenge, didn't sign up for Valentines, but this one sounds a goodie. I'm not going to set my SMART goal(s) until after my weigh-in tomorrow, because that will give me an idea whether my newest cunning plan of reducing carbs is getting me past the plateau I've been loitering on these last couple months.

Mind you I think I can say right now, I won't be losing 14 lbs by Easter :curse: but whatever it is it'll be in the right direction! :grin:

Thanks again @PennyForthem, and good luck everyone!!! :clover: :clover: :clover:
Can I join please? I haven't much chance of making my Valentines goal, but I'm a bit closer to it. So I will aim to do my Valentines goal by Easter. So I'm aiming for 230lbs by Easter. I would love it if I am properly off this plateau and can start losing at 1lb a week again as that will take me past the 230lb, I will have to wait and see.
Not sure if maintenance should qualify as an Easter challenge??

However, prior to Easter (at the end of March) I will be having 2 consecutive weekends of indulgence where I am staying at posh hotels and consequently eating out, with lots of tempting foods as part of the package...

So my challenge is to be back at my goal weight by Easter (in time for some more indulgence of hot cross buns and chocolate....!!!)

I plan to do this by daily weight monitoring and adjusting when I have fast days to keep my weight at or below goal for as much time as possible, and increasing the number of fasts after the indulgent weekends. I will keep up with the HIT regime. I also will check out tips on the maintenance threads to see what else might help me.

Best wishes to all for whatever strategy you choose! :)
Count me in please! My goal is to Reach My Target and Enter Maintenance!!! I am currently trending (!) at 68.5kg and my target is 66.5kg. So that's just 2kg or 4.4lb to get to target. Surely that's possible in 10 weeks? It is only 200g per week after all. Libra says I'll reach target in mid March but I've got 4 days away at an all-you-can eat hotel at half term, so I think I need to allow for some backsliding! If I can do it, that'll be 18 months from start to finish. Wish me luck!
Previous 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 48 Next
708 posts Page 1 of 48