The FastDay Forum

5:2 Diet Results: Before & After

151 posts Page 7 of 11
Previous 1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11 Next
Great picture, and a very fine balcony. Wouldn't be hiding that at all!!! I hope when I am as successful I am as confident as you look. Well done!!
Debs
:victory: :victory: :victory: Well done, you look fantastic. May I ask why you switch to 16.8 Are you doing that in conjunction with 5.2? And you are still losing?

I'm on maintainance now 6.1 but I have a flabby tummy still. I wonder if 16.8 may help me shift that last stubborn pad of fat on my tum. I'm happy with the rest of me and am the slimmest I've been for ten years but this tummy fat is very stubborn.

You have done amazingly well. An inspiration. :clover:
Madeyemoodysmum wrote: :victory: :victory: :victory: Well done, you look fantastic. May I ask why you switch to 16.8 Are you doing that in conjunction with 5.2? And you are still losing?

I'm on maintainance now 6.1 but I have a flabby tummy still. I wonder if 16.8 may help me shift that last stubborn pad of fat on my tum. I'm happy with the rest of me and am the slimmest I've been for ten years but this tummy fat is very stubborn.

You have done amazingly well. An inspiration. :clover:

Thanks @Madeyemoodysmum!
I switched to 16:8 as a strategy to cope with my summer holiday. As I found the weight loss speeded up once I was back home and eating more normally, I carried on. I wrote about it in my blog (link on the left) if you'd like more details. The results from the questionnaire seem to indicate a benefit from more hours without food both on feed and fast days and from reducing carbs so, as my breakfasts were always carb based, 16:8 does this nicely.

My personal theory is that higher insulin levels favors fat accumulation around the tum so the lower you keep insulin levels the better chance of losing fat from there. Fasting and lowering carbs both lower insulin, so ensuring you have reasonable times without food on feed days is a good idea.
You look great! You must feel great too... :smile:
:like: What great pictures! :like: You rock!
You look lovely Caroline, I'm sure everyone at the wedding will be wondering who that sexy woman is!
:like: :wink: :heart: :smile:
You look fantastic, well done you! Success stories like yours are so inspiring. Have a brilliant time at the wedding
carorees wrote: OK, so I know I've got a way to go to reach my target size but having achieved the first major goal of having a waist that is less than half my height I think it could be time to show you the before and after shots!

Like many others I don't have many before shots due to not wanting to see how dreadful I looked, so the before shot is ghastly and the after is only taken on my phone in front of the mirror but it'll do for now!

Before (July 2012), weight approx 105kg
Before.jpg

After 8 months on 5:2 and 2 months on 16:8, weight 77.6kg
After!.jpg

When I finally reach my target I'll get OH to take some decent shots!

I am really new (like 2 posts new) to this forum...and I just clicked on this post and I wanted to congratulate you as well as say THANK YOU because your photos have boosted my confidence that I can do this too!
Wow you look fabulous! Love the frock too
20131227_094300_kindlephoto-71999010.jpg
December 2013 70kg
UPDATE

Here's a shot I just took after another 3 months and two dress sizes! I'm not sure that the selfie shows the change but in the previous shot I was wearing size 14; today it's a size 10!

And here are the before and after shots from up thread to save you having to go back to page 1!
After!.jpg
September 2013 approx 78kg

Before.jpg
August 2012 approx 105kg
Oh yes! You can tell a big difference between your size 14 and size 10. You also look an entirely different person to your August shot. Incredible and inspirational. Thanks for posting :victory: :victory: :victory:
What a difference Caroline! you must be so proud of yourself as you look absolutely amazing! :like: :victory: :like: :victory:
You're a whole new woman, dashing, if I may say so (I love that word, "dashing", it reminds me of Christmas, don't even know why.... :lol: )
Amazing transformation Caroline!!

thanks for sharing :-)
Very impressive :like: :like: :like:
Huge change! Well done :victory:
These photoes are really an inspiration to all of us.
Thank you very much for sharing :victory:
And this is an opportunity to thank you for your postsand excellent advices in this forum.
:heart:
Previous 1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11 Next
151 posts Page 7 of 11