The FastDay Forum

Benefits & Side Effects

163 posts Page 3 of 11
Previous 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 11 Next
Re: Excess skin......
24 Apr 2013, 14:16
When I started 5:2 I had a BMI over 40, just under now, so excess skin is a concern as I lose weight, I too am using bio oil, particularly on the stomach where all of my excess fat decides to reside, can't tell if skin shrinking under the effect ..lol ..but those stretch marks do look better..sorry too much information. :oops:
24 Apr 2013, 14:20
I thought I was the only person with cellulite on her arms!
24 Apr 2013, 14:25
It's not cellulite usually, it's skin that's lost its firmness.
24 Apr 2013, 14:36
My arms resemble those balloons you find down the back of the cupboard about three mths after Christmas! There does seem to be a slight improvement though in that they have now gone smaller and a bit firmer. Wonder what I'd weigh if they chopped off all the empty bits! :lol:
24 Apr 2013, 15:21
I'm in!
24 Apr 2013, 15:25
I have been using Nivea q10 firming lotion for about 2 months and I can see a bit of difference. It makes my skin feels soft as well plus I used to have lots of red pimples on my upper arms and they are all gone
24 Apr 2013, 15:27
Me too - I've always been a bit squidgy though even when i was much younger and slimmer - definately not an athletic build!
24 Apr 2013, 15:31
Moogie,

PLEASE, PLEASE, include me and my scrunched paper arms in any trial, I'll plead guilty, whatever....................sorry, got a bit silly there!

Try again ..............Moogie dear, please may I be considered for any trial that might make my arms acceptable again within polite society? Thank you,

Ballerina x
24 Apr 2013, 15:35
Hehe, not that you're desperate or anything Ballerina?
24 Apr 2013, 15:49
I've heard that you have to keep it off for at least a year before they will do anything on the NHS. Isn't there an episode of "Embarrassing Bodies" where someone has this problem? I am sure they get surgery on the NHS in that episode.
24 Apr 2013, 15:49
If anyone finds something that works do let me know!!

I am trying to moisturise as much as i can, but between the great big belly flap (cat flaps are smaller) and arm flaps hat make me look like i am trying to do some kind of flying squirrel impression, it seems to be rather a losing battle!

I am proud in a way, as others have said it shows my success, just would like that success with a little bit of skin tightening. I fear how bad it will get as i have a VERY long way to go still.
24 Apr 2013, 16:12
Thanks to the volunteers :) Now all we need to do is hope the companies will be willing to offer up some samples!

I can't make any promises, but I'll do my best to arrange something. Will let you know as soon as I hear anything back from either company!
24 Apr 2013, 16:30
Hello Moogie
Please count me in for any trial samples because I have the "apron", "bat wings" & as mentioned on the dry skin post disintegrating upper thighs! Anything that might help moisturise, smooth & generally make an improvement on my way downwards would be brilliant :wink:
Sorry to any menfolk reading this to much info! :frown:
24 Apr 2013, 17:02
Well girls I am taking my apron, bat wings, squidgy bits, wobbly bits and lumpy bits on hols in a couple of weeks. The Tankini has gone in the bin and I now have a bikini :oops: for it to all fall out of. OH gave me the :like: (it was his idea). But will I dare unwrap the sarong, I'll let you know. Maybe after a jug of sangria :razz:
24 Apr 2013, 17:08
Good for you! And for your OH for suggesting it. Go on, drop the sarong!
Previous 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 11 Next
163 posts Page 3 of 11