The FastDay Forum

Benefits & Side Effects

163 posts Page 5 of 11
Previous 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 11 Next
Re: Excess skin......
26 Apr 2013, 09:21
I am going to try this, even if it does sound a little bit like waterboarding!

Ballerina x
26 Apr 2013, 11:31
He he this thread is hilarious!
It has given me the support to say "My name is Jenny and I have an apron". God I hate my tummy sooo much. It stretched beyond belief during my two pregnancies and the stretchmarks go from my rib cage to my bikini area. I also had two c-sections which have destroyed my underlying muscle tone. I've lost a stone and need to lose two more and I do loads of core work in the gym but I can't imagine shifting this lose skin so it needs to be tightened (hoping I get on the trial and that these products are miraculous Moogie lol) or surgery...
28 Apr 2013, 05:49
Many, many thanks TML 13 for that suggestion. Everyone here is always so helpful and supportive, what a wonderful forum. I will certainly give the cold water treatment a try, starting today! On the other suggestion, have you tried any of the firming creams and which ones work the best??
28 Apr 2013, 11:33
You are most welcome!
The one that I tried was a Greek one, custom-made so no reason to recommend this one but...
The cheaper way to get a firming cream is to ask a chemist to make tou a cream with a neutral panthenol cream with menthol in it! That is both moisturising and COLD, the biggest enemy of loose skin.
If you want something more "professional" try Nivea Q10 or Soap and Glory.

Check out this offer in Boots: http://www.boots.com/en/Dove-Shape-Up-F ... l_1329543/
28 Apr 2013, 18:25
Thanks once again TMl13. I will try the cold water tonight. Ugh! (We had a frost last night)! And I will also try the cream which I will try to get tomorrow. I am not expecting instant results, but how long will it take before there is any change do you think?
28 Apr 2013, 21:09
With the cold water you will probably see results in around a month. It really works miracles. I have a friend who all that does is showers with cold water (no diet, no exercise, no creams) is she has a killer body at 55.
29 Apr 2013, 03:01
Ballerina - hilarious! I believe there is good news...and bad news. About 6 years ago I had liposuction on my upper & lower tummy and neck (yeah looked like Grandma and that HAD to go). When I went in for the surgery the Dr mentioned (too late I might add) that because I was 'over 50' (read menopausal) I would have 'lines' on my stomach after lipo as the skin wouldn't go back. He said lipo is best under 50. I now have a flat stomach but it looks like bubble wrap on the part above the waist...still I just keep it hidden and it looks brilliant with clothes on, so no regrets. I think for the young ones - you have time to get that collagen working, but for the post menopausal - hey that muslim outfit is starting to look good to me! As for the 'hello Helens' (the flab under the arms) - it's surgery or nothing I fear when u r older - I never wear the tank top or no sleeve dress anymore.
29 Apr 2013, 06:11
The 'burkini' ! yep but can you imagine how heavy that mother is going to be in the water never mind how hot it'll be! I'd rather wear my wetsuit- neoprene holds everything in!
29 Apr 2013, 06:22
We see a few burkinis here let me tell u! I am waiting for a drowning - not a good idea to swim in that gear!
29 Apr 2013, 06:26
Yep, although it is slightly better than being in the water in full abaya and shaela! Not the most sensible action in my opinion. I've seen divers in the burkini- at least they are a bit more colourful now.
29 Apr 2013, 12:22
Wanna burkakini!!
29 Apr 2013, 12:24
no, you don't! Repeat after me
burkini's are ridiculous
(no offense to those of the persuasion that wear them for religious reasons)
burkini's are ridiculous
JOIN IN!
29 Apr 2013, 19:57
Burkinis are a joke. Think about it: you see a girl with excess skin, you don't bat an eyelid. You see a girl in a burkini, you die of laughter.
29 Apr 2013, 20:00
TML, is there no end to you naughtiness? No? Oh good, :like:

Ballerina x
29 Apr 2013, 20:07
Well thats it then, I'm post menopausal so no hope for me, I am sticking with my new bikini and am letting it all hang out. 7 more work getups and i'm off :cool:
Previous 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 11 Next
163 posts Page 5 of 11