The FastDay Forum

Benefits & Side Effects

346 posts Page 4 of 24
Previous 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 24 Next
Not as bad as me Niki, not as bad as me! (anyway, I thought it was your virtual farm you were addicted to!? ;-))
Left my farm to cook/grow for a while whilst I checked out the forums. I note hubby at the other end of the sofa is doing the same but he is going from virtual farm to eBay and back, that might be more expensive.
Nikipins wrote: Left my farm to cook/grow for a while whilst I checked out the forums. I note hubby at the other end of the sofa is doing the same but he is going from virtual farm to eBay and back, that might be more expensive.

:lol:
I'm the same as others really... 2 weeks in and:

Hunger shakes, feeling heady, light headed and very ratty!
No energy on fast days
I feel colder and am quite sniffly since starting this
Lack of concentration - all i can think about is food, is it time for my next meal yet and i'm also wishing the day away!! I find it hard to enjoy a day when i am fasting - i hope this passes soon as it's a bit of a waste of life :-/

There are some positives which i will post in the other thread too but the negatives are out weighing the positives at the moment. I am sure this will change as i adapt though.
Ch1ckpea - I felt like this too for the first 2 weeks. I am now on week 4 and feeling great. I have none of the symtoms I had when I started this diet. I still feel hungry on fast days and binge slightly on the day after a fast, but otherwise all the bad stuff has gone. I feel energised, light and so many other good things.
shell wrote: Ch1ckpea - I felt like this too for the first 2 weeks. I am now on week 4 and feeling great. I have none of the symtoms I had when I started this diet. I still feel hungry on fast days and binge slightly on the day after a fast, but otherwise all the bad stuff has gone. I feel energised, light and so many other good things.

Thanks Shell - you've made me feel more positive about it all now... :D

Always good to hear success stories. Today is going quite well actually, just need to keep busy!
I always seem to wake up with a headache the morning after my fast day, and then it lasts on and off all day. :(

Don't seem to get them at all on a fast day though! :)
Anyone else struggle to sleep after a fast day ? Last night I couldn't get to sleep as I felt almost on a high !! I was restless all night.
Yes, Jemima, I'm beginning to think I feel better on fast days!

Not really a negative but I'm still finding it hard to adjust to eating normally on non-fast days. I'm not yet sure what the 'new normal' is. :?

I want to eat better and less but I don't want to eat too little.

I often want to miss lunch now but then it seems too much like a fast day!

Mentally, I'm struggling with the voice that tells me to have something (cake or biscuits or wine, for example) because it's OK and not possible on a fast day. It seems a waste not to indulge a bit! :)

Tonight I had quite a big dinner and felt I had over-eaten massively (I hadn't). I felt bloated afterwards and uncomfortable.

Still learning. :)

Fast days are beginning to seem much easier and, in some ways, a relief from all the constant decisions about food! It's quite freeing to think about other things for a change!

It's going to take a while to adjust to this way of eating. I think I'm still pushing myself to eat more than I need on non-fast days.
Hi I'm a newbie here though i did try some fasts on and off after watching the programme in August and lost over a stone. My husband and I decided to start the diet yesterday as a move towards a healthier lifestyle. my problem is I suffer from gastric reflux, diverticulitis and irritable bowel, so the fast kicks off these problems. Today after my first fast yesterday I've had reflux all day, wind and tummy pain/bloating, also been very tired and had a headache on and off as I couldn't sleep last night. Anyone else have these problems?
I don't know whether its better to eat mostly carbs to prevent these problems and make me feel fuller longer? Advice please! I really want to make this work as i felt so well when i lost weight last year, but put half of it back on over Xmas!
Hi there Artytarty and welcome to the forum.

I would say that it is the carbs that cause most of the problems so would probably be better to avoid carbs on the whole. It is well documented that protein makes you feel fuller for longer. Porridge may be ok though. Hopefully the weight loss will help with the reflux in time.

As far as the headaches etc go, this is very common and is due to your body not being used to having to call on its energy reserves (fat!). After a bit of practice, it all gets much much better.

Good luck!
I thought protein was better for fuller longer. I think in your case it would be better to talk to a GP first. Diverticulitis needs careful management. Sorry if this sounds negative but I had a friend end up in hospital for months after she stopped eating (other reasons not this diet) and got ill.
Thankyou both for your advice and yes I do intend to see my doctor about it at my next check-up. The diverticulitis is minor and the IBS has been going so long I can't remember life without it. Its the pain from reflux which I get if I go for more than a few hours without food, which is worst. It did get much better when I lost weight last year as its partly being overweight which causes it. I will try with more protein and less carbs on my second fast tomorrow and double up on my meds as well. Will let you know if it makes a difference.
After first fast on Monday, second planned for tomorrow I can say only side affect I have noticed is addition to these forums and reading about everyone else's experiences!! :D
rachelb1968, good point well made wrt the forum and reading everyone else's exeperiences...I can't keep up with the amount of new information and tips that seem to pop up so many times every day. It's all a bit mind-blowing for me.:)
Previous 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 24 Next
346 posts Page 4 of 24