The FastDay Forum

Non-diet Chat

404 posts Page 14 of 27
Previous 1 ... 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17 ... 27 Next
Re: Who's missing????
02 Aug 2014, 16:35
@janeg @Melanie Cheeksis on the running thread today.
02 Aug 2014, 17:22
Silverdarling thank you! I am visiting Glossop on the 12th. Looking at houses in Gamesley. I know nothing about the place but Google earth is my friend lol. It looks wonderful in the photos and videos. x
02 Aug 2014, 18:32
@Janeg one of my buddies @jools7 was very busy indeed
But has been awol for a month or so don't think she's been in contacted anyone via this forum or Facebook which I don't do.
02 Aug 2014, 18:42
my fasting buddy @clairemarie has been missing since just after the new forum started. I know she was having some problems in her personal life but I miss her! :frown:
03 Aug 2014, 06:47
Yes, I'm just outside Belfast - still pop in here now and then, though the new website had me foxed for a while.

I'd almost got to my target, then fell and broke a bone in my ankle, so I couldnt run or exercise for a while. A few pounds crept back on, but I have the confidence that I'll be able to shift them again. 5:2ing is just a way of life for me now, I still love how it makes me feel. I blog any new recipes I try out.

I'm off to St Andrews for a week's Scottish dancing, so I'll not be logging on for a while!
03 Aug 2014, 07:34
Good t hear from you @Melanie Cheeks. Apologies that I don't check the running thread. Your happy smiling face just popped into my head the other morning.
I'm just back from a major stravaig around Scotland and St Andrews was in there. It was glorious when we were there. Can thoroughly recommend Jeanetta's ice cream and also the chip shop on the same street just down from that. Naughty and so nice on a normal day. Enjoy the dancing! :D
03 Aug 2014, 08:32
I was looking through the members' names to find izzy but it looks like she's not registered any more. Used to love her witty posts!
03 Aug 2014, 13:57
@janeg ... Chips ... Ice cream ... Chips ... Ice cream - lol! Missing you already, even though I didn't get to one of your meet-ups! :lol: :wink:

@drilakila haven't ever lived over there, but driven through plenty of times as have relatives in Stockport and Cheshire. And there's quite a lot of fasting folk in Cheshire / Derbyshire / S Yorks, so potential for meet up once you are settled :victory: Also, it has to be said, the northern take on life is quite different and refreshing!! :cool: :cool: :cool: I don't think you will be at all lonely if you take people as they come, and on their own terms! :wink:
03 Aug 2014, 15:04
I've just posted in the low carb tent - not seen @Fatdog for a while, but then again she maybe posting to a fab recipe thread. .... or opened a wee restaurant :grin: :grin: :grin:
03 Aug 2014, 15:12
For obvious reasons @Gillb has not been around recently. I hope we see her again one day
04 Aug 2014, 08:40
Cyber hugs to@Gilb x x hope to see you soon
Where's @BreadandWine and yes ive noticed @clairemaries absence...
She' s my cuzz...hope she's ok x
Come back peeps if you can, and tell us how you are xx
04 Aug 2014, 10:16
People come and go and some come back ... There are so many people whom have gone but new people come to replace them. Izzy did leave and that was sad as she seemed so lovely and also wasn't afraid to be strait. I too loved her posts it was always nice to hear of her wisdom.

FatDog much missed too and such an inspiration. I and DH further along the road towards vegetarianism because of her fabulous information. I also just loved her turn of phrase. You could just see that little doggie tail wagging.

@jools7 a true woman of spirit and on my buddies thread as is @Sue.Q and jools is much missed and appears to have just stopped posting. I do hope she is alright. Tis all.

Sorry but I too have been quieter of late but have taken on more teaching hours which means more prep so have to prioritise my time. Am so grateful though as this forum has really helped me to keep up the journey. So while I am busy for now, I will still be popping in a out and posting where I can. Seem to have stabilised and the 6:1 is enough to keep me where I want to be for now
04 Aug 2014, 10:39
Hi @Candice

I'm here, but I've not been posting on here much since the forum was changed - found it difficult to get around it at first.

Mostly posting on the Mumsnet 5:2 threads - and I'm spending more time on Twitter these days., spreading the word about #IF and #veganism. :)

Must post on the exercise threads, as I've really upped my exercise these days - HIIT, kettlebells, bodyweight, etc.

Still maintaining on 6:1 - did a 39hour LOF last week; I do one every now and again. Rarely eat breakfast these days.

Nice of you to think of me! :smile:
04 Aug 2014, 15:39
peplum41 wrote: Oh that's very very stressful @Powla, one sad thing after an other. :shock: :heart: hoping this comes across as positive rather than negative, but stress can really affect the fasting, which is stressful in its self, so don't go too hard on yourself if you can't stick to it for a wee while. Just do a bit here and there. Any news on the job front?

Hi again Peplum,
Thank you (and everybody else) for the kind words. I am still officially off sick with the broken wrist, so I shall start looking for work when I am signed back to work. Over here they have a 35% of people out of work, so it will be tricky. Plus the powers that be haven't sent me for any physio, so my wrist is still very week, which won't help(although, I am doing my own excersises).
However, I have planned to start the fast day tomorrow. Yeay!! I have even planned my meals.
Buuuuuuut...watch this space. Ha ha :bugeyes:
04 Aug 2014, 15:44
weak, as well
Previous 1 ... 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17 ... 27 Next
404 posts Page 14 of 27