The FastDay Forum

Non-diet Chat

404 posts Page 16 of 27
Previous 1 ... 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19 ... 27 Next
Re: Who's missing????
06 Aug 2014, 12:34
@nursebean
You didn't give up, you postponed understandably because of your holiday, we all struggle to get back our true fastdays after a holiday and with your business just stating off well that's more complications and stress for you.
Monday it is then. :like: :clover: :like: :clover: :clover:
06 Aug 2014, 12:36
No you're absolutely right. I haven't given up on fasting (I know it works!) Right, ok...whatever happens come Monday I won't eat anything until the evening and it will only consist of 500 cals (maybe a couple of boiled eggs?)

Wow Sue, you lost 4 stone. That just must feel so good. Did you say you stopped fasting for a while? What got you back?
06 Aug 2014, 13:07
No I've never stopped fasting but did go to 5:2 instead of my usual 4:3 but still struggled and for me far to many feed days in between firstly I struggled to gain back control after xmas but kept plodding on, then if you remember I did that low carb trial with @Debs before my May holiday that kickstarted me to my lowest as of before xmas. Then that holiday where I regained 5kgs/11lbs!!!!
Through mindless eating ( cake cake and more cake/desserts)
I've recently gone back towards low carbs because this is actually better for ME regarding my other health problems, I still eat and love carbs but I'll never lose my next 3stone by eating g them as I did before my fasting journey began, so now I'm leaning towards meat free fastdays because you get so much more food for your calorie allowance and far far more filling. :heart:
:clover: :clover: :clover: :clover:
06 Aug 2014, 14:35
Well said @Sue.Q i' ll be there for the group hug! :like:
06 Aug 2014, 14:43
No, I know what you mean about 5:2. I found there were too many non-fast days for my liking. I really liked the structure that ADF gave...but I may have a go at 4:3 and keep weekends free. I'll give it a go anyway

:wink:
06 Aug 2014, 14:56
Come on girls, we need to show all these newbies just how this is a marathon and not a sprint. We lose abit, we maintain, , we have holidays, cake, ice cream. Then our bodies fight back so we have to be patient and persevere. Who's boss. We are. :heart:
06 Aug 2014, 14:58
You are just too wise Oatesy! And right, of course! Why do we go off the boil so easily? Its a real mystery to me. As soon as I start to lose weight and feel good...I stop! Why?

Anyway, come Monday Bean will be bouncing back...who's joining me?
06 Aug 2014, 15:35
nursebean wrote: I'm doing exactly the same as you Candy. I'm going to start afresh (afresh doesn't that word sound lovely) on Monday and in the meantime do 16:8. Come ON we can do this

:bugeyes:

And I am doing just exactly the same ladies. Lets hope that thw 16;8 gets us motivated enough to move onwards and upwards to the 5;2, land :wink:
08 Aug 2014, 22:08
I am missing @jools7 she has not been here since 2/7/14 and while she is a busy woman that is a while ago now. Just saying always appreciated her posts and energy and hope all is well
08 Aug 2014, 22:14
@nursebean I think @peebles has somewhat of the answer in her latest post on another thread. It is the keeping the lost kgs off which is the real battle not the just losing it. Famine effect it would seem raises its head makes us want to eat to restore the status quo. Anyway better said by peebles

Here a link to that said thread 5-2-diet-chat-f6/what-made-you-regain-after-successful-fasting-weight-loss-t12906.html#p195557
08 Aug 2014, 22:38
Another person who has gone missing is jo who was part of the fasting five group. Hope all is going well for Jo as well. I think Jo came back on with another name when we had the change over on to this Fastday forum. Wishing Jo well and we still have space in our fasting boat be is 4 or 5some.

FatDog and her VBF, Thalia, Izzy the list goes on. Is it the way with forums that people drop off for what ever the reason. It is a shame though as so may posters over the past 18 months have give us the necessary inspiration to keep on keeping on this journey
08 Aug 2014, 23:25
I seem to remember that Jools7 didn't like the adverts in the new forum and said she wouldn't come here. I miss her too.
09 Aug 2014, 19:46
Are we still on track for a 5:2 on Monday CandiceMarie and clairemarie???
09 Aug 2014, 23:54
Yep, see you on Monday fast thread - @Hazelnut special call out to you and others finding their resolve :heart: :clover: :heart:
10 Aug 2014, 14:14
Do you mean that there is another thread for this Lizbean please? Sorry, I am quite new to all this forum stuff. Please don't think me a total thicko :bugeyes:
Previous 1 ... 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19 ... 27 Next
404 posts Page 16 of 27