The FastDay Forum

Getting Sweaty! Exercise & Fitness

1466 posts Page 82 of 98
Previous 1 ... 79, 80, 81, 82, 83, 84, 85 ... 98 Next
Re: Are there any runners here?
20 Apr 2015, 20:08
Hello guys, novice popping back in to dip my toe into the running tent, have started training for the great north run and as franglais says I've got to get a few 10k races under my belt, I'm ok doing 5k assault courses in muddy ditches and clambering over straw bales. But this is different for me with a capital D.
Park run is something I need to join in with too, want 5k to be a regular in the lead up to sept 13th :confused:
21 Apr 2015, 01:02
@CreakyPete, it sounds like your new hip is doing so well. @Carieoates, good luck with your training.

I'm going out for my first road run in ages tonight, if the weather holds. I hope my foot survives!
25 Apr 2015, 18:50
Seem to have got over whatever slowed me down a fortnight ago, today's parkrun went well at 25:05. The best run since last August and getting very close to the barrier!
27 Apr 2015, 19:41
Another beautiful spring morning, repeated last week's canal towpath run of 6.6 miles but this time in 59 minutes - steady 9 minute pace. No hurting, felt great. I can train again! Still intend to be sensible and not run more than twice a week for a few months but the longer run will get longer...
01 May 2015, 15:56
Your recovery is amazing, Pete.
It is so much easier to run in the warmer weather. I am looking forward to a good Summer of training this year. Not set my race targets yet but will be running Parkrun on a regular basis. What has everyone else got planned?
02 May 2015, 14:16
Cracked it - 24:43 today for a carefully chosen short parkrun! Now there is the small matter of getting another couple of minutes quicker...
02 May 2015, 14:47
Wow! Congrats CP!
You might ask the organizers if there's an early start program or a senior discount that you can apply to next week's run? :bugeyes:

Jealous, but suitably motivated, on this side of the pond. Of course you do have a 7 hour head start.

Must. Try. To. Keep. Bionic Man. In. Sight... Gasp, wheeze!

So far planning same four races as last year and adding several more 5K's. (Ref: previous line.)
:like:
09 May 2015, 12:05
Woot! A full-length parkrun in 24:36, and felt like a runner in the process. That's better - in fact the best since July last year!
10 May 2015, 11:59
And for today's long run, 8.4 miles in 81 minutes, cross country. It was our local charity walk event, both Mrs P and I went and ran round, the furthest I have run for ages and the furthest she has ever run. Tired towards the end, especially since running yesterday as well, but very pleased and no harm done to metal joint...
10 May 2015, 14:06
Been having a pain down the front of my knee since running more. Is it a coincidence, I don't know, but going downstairs is very painful now. I'm worried that I won't be able to do this......
10 May 2015, 15:02
So pleased - I'm one of the slowest Parkrunners on Earth, but yesterday's was the fastest for almost 3 years - & 35 seconds faster than my previous best this year! I recently tried a bit of interval training at the gym for the first time ever, with the aim of not finishing last in the Westminster mile at the end of the month. This is the only thing I can think of that could have made the difference. I'm still a tortoise, but a very smug (if rather surprised) tortoise! :smile: :smile: :smile:
10 May 2015, 15:37
carieoates wrote: Been having a pain down the front of my knee since running more. Is it a coincidence, I don't know, but going downstairs is very painful now. I'm worried that I won't be able to do this......

Pain just below the knee at the top of the shin bone? Under the knee? Or lower along the shin bone?
10 May 2015, 15:41
WarriorPrincess wrote: So pleased - I'm one of the slowest Parkrunners on Earth, but yesterday's was the fastest for almost 3 years - & 35 seconds faster than my previous best this year! ...

Go turtle! Go!
:like: :like:
10 May 2015, 16:29
ADFnFuel wrote:
carieoates wrote: Been having a pain down the front of my knee since running more. Is it a coincidence, I don't know, but going downstairs is very painful now. I'm worried that I won't be able to do this......

Pain just below the knee at the top of the shin bone? Under the knee? Or lower along the shin bone?

None of the above I'm afraid, it's the medial ligament across my patella. But I've just had a little go on my treadmill and I have nothing bad to report, I even forgot that i was running and I was waiting patiently for that feeling to return, it's been a while. Anyhow I have large ligaments from years of hard exercise. Used to play football, and run and and.......
I'm now going with several mates to my first park run on 23rd. Woooo, so excited.
12 May 2015, 17:57
Good news, now at 8 mins non stop times two, that's week 5 couch to 5 km. Essentially getting back up to 5k
Slowly very slowly....
Previous 1 ... 79, 80, 81, 82, 83, 84, 85 ... 98 Next
1466 posts Page 82 of 98