The FastDay Forum

Getting Sweaty! Exercise & Fitness

1466 posts Page 84 of 98
Previous 1 ... 81, 82, 83, 84, 85, 86, 87 ... 98 Next
Re: Are there any runners here?
23 May 2015, 09:44
Time according to my Fitbit was..........32.36.5.
1st mile 10.14
2nd mile 10.36
3rd mile 11.17 got cramp in my left shoulder last 0.04 10.38.
Overall pace 10.42.
Will take earphones next time to keep me going with better pace.
Feel enthusiastic
Thanks for the encouragement everyone.
23 May 2015, 09:45
ADFnFuel wrote: Fast race Carieoates!

Remember it's lift foot, put foot down, lift other foot, put foot down, move walker forward. Repeat.

:grin:

Ey?
23 May 2015, 10:10
Well done, carieoates!!
23 May 2015, 11:47
Considering I blew up on Thursday trying to run a slow 10 miles, today's park run went pretty well at 24:24 albeit in perfect conditions. A new post-op PB and pretty much as well as I was running last year at this time. Came over all weak at 2.8 miles and definitely slowed for the last bit so there is still a lot of room for further improvement!
Well Done Carieoates, will expect a PB from you next week!
23 May 2015, 12:53
Was 11th in my age group. Obviously not many of us then. PB @Creakypete, not sure about that.
26 May 2015, 11:03
Having spent the weekend in leg pain agony, it's now gone. Thank the Lord.
I did not stretch long enough.....I know I know..did a fast 5km walk Sunday to try and cure it, did a pathetic 2m run bank hol Monday. Today been my usual exercise class, and I'm now feeling human again.
What I've learnt..... I need to find a running group or partner, I need to stretch loads more after, at least one road run a week as only running on the treadmill is not ideal. I can do this.
29 May 2015, 11:44
I used to have a similar problem as my lifestyle dictates that my training is mainly treadmill based. When I started doing regular Parkruns I picked up a lot of niggles and strains. These have cleared up as I now ensure that one of my weekly runs is outside. I think it is the extra strain on ligaments and joints that the cushioned treadmill surface simply does not prepare you for.
29 May 2015, 12:01
It took till Tuesday aerobics class to get shot of my aches.
I managed a 2mile tready run on Thursday and may or may not try for a 20 -25 mins see how far I get session on Sunday, but usually Sunday is my day of no exercise. We shall see....
I'm not keen on outdoor running as my local area is cow patty and field lined.
29 May 2015, 17:45
Its funny, I love outdoors running, regardless of the weather. I couldn't imagain running on a treadmill, ever. If I'm knee deep in mud it doesn't matter. Last road race on Sunday, a HM (or just over), the second part of a marathon I'm running with a friend. Can't wait to get back to the trail racing, rivers, mud and climbing from June onwards.
Good luck to all who are racing or park running this weekend!
30 May 2015, 19:09
Well, I suppose things must be improving still because todays parkrun was not great but I still finished under 25 mins (by ten seconds). A month or so ago a bad run was 26:30. Ran a brisk 5 miles on Wednesday and walked for an hour or more every other day so perhaps I am tired?

MrsP has upset her Achilles again unfortunately - no running for her for a while...
31 May 2015, 08:06
I will not be running outside today as its raining and so it's back to my Tready. My 5k river side route has long grass, cows and their pats to boot.
Looking at either seeing how far i can go in 20 mins or try and improve my 1 mile time. Prob the 20 mins will be the best choice for me today.
31 May 2015, 17:35
Bravo to you Caroline for having the discipline of a backup plan using the Tready to fill in the gaps. I do that as well, sometimes using the Tready and sometimes using the Cybex eliptical machine. I like doing the intervals on the Tready alternating between a jog pace of 4 and run pace of 7. Thirty mins of that yields a pretty good workout sweat. Of course I'd rather run, and have been easing back into it since Physical therapy ended, have done several 10 k's and a single 13.1 which is way off last years pace but is probably a good thing. Loving the Foam Roller on my right IT band. Hope all runners are having great weekend warrior results !
31 May 2015, 19:08
@CreakyPete I hope Mrs Pete doesn't suffer too much with her achilles and is back in action soon. Under 25 mins for a park run with your hip is great!
@carieoates I hope it doesn't rain for your GNR if you don't like going out in it! Rather rain, wind and snow than a treadmill for me, but that probably isn't normal.
Marathon of Mont St Michel today finished, did it in duo with a girlfriend in my running club, 3H38, we were 14th out of 109 female duos. It was raining and windy so not bad! I raced the second and longer part, 1H50 average 7.5 miles and hour so not too bad. I took great pleasure in picking off other duo participants in front of me and overtaking them (and there were a lot, I was only overtaken by one duo girl). Terrible GI problems as is sadly usual now so I think I'm going to stop road races and stick to trails which seem to upset me less. Another pitstop required today, despite the imodium taken pre race :frown:
Soo looking forward to my next race which is a trail race so hopefully less shock to my intestines.
06 Jun 2015, 11:57
This morning's parkrun went OK in 24:35, which is becoming a standard pace. Need to get started on intervals, and add a longer slow run (possibly on Sundays) to get below 24 mins again I suspect...
How did the rest of you do?
08 Jun 2015, 17:45
Long slow run done on Sunday - 10.4 miles at 9:14 pace, the furthest I have run for several years. Stiff today but no more than I would expect. Hip seems to be OK. Climbing tomorrow night then maybe 60 miles on the bike on Wednesday!
Previous 1 ... 81, 82, 83, 84, 85, 86, 87 ... 98 Next
1466 posts Page 84 of 98