1466 posts Page 83 of 98
Previous 1 ... 80, 81, 82, 83, 84, 85, 86 ... 98 Next
Re: Are there any runners here?
15 May 2015, 14:39
There is some good stuff going on here.
It's nearly summer! At last. :grin:
16 May 2015, 14:44
Another day, another parkrun - this time a second slower than last week, despite a faster first mile. I guess consistency is good, but had hoped to keep shaving a bit off!
MrsP managed to run the time they gave her in error last week so that sort of makes it fair...
17 May 2015, 07:15
Yesterday's parkrun was a PB, still not sub 25 minutes but every second counts, I guess.
It was aso parkrun number 23 for me.
17 May 2015, 07:22
I know this isnt the C25K thread but I back up to 20 mins, only about 2 miles, just need to add 11 miles and I will be nearer to target!!!
18 May 2015, 03:22
You're making good progress carieoates!

I managed Saturday morning to erase 30 seconds from last year's 5K time; less than I wanted but enough for 4th in my age group. To have captured third and a dust-collecting trophy would've required beating 24 minutes flat! Something to work on since 25 is enough of a goal for now. I've also had noticeably fewer next-day aches after my last three training runs. As a side effect of maintaining a faster pace? Because I stopped taking walk breaks? Not sure what to make of it.

Six weeks to go before for my first 1/2 this year.
19 May 2015, 19:44
Good luck for your HM @ADFnFuel. What sort of long run are you doing at the moment? My coach is rather too obsessed by intervals and speedwork so even my long run includes accelerations. I'm doing the Mont St Michel marathon in duo (my part is around 23kms) at the end of the month.
@CreakyPete yes, starting off very fast isn't always the best policy. I always do that to get a good time on the first half of the course but then end up knackered for the second half. Most élites don't run like that, they have more to give the second half of a race.
@carieoateswhen is your race?
Am thinking of doing another marathon in the Autumn but maybe 2 a year is one too many. I'd rather do one a year well than 2 not quite so well. Plus the training is very time consuming...not sure my family would be very happy!
19 May 2015, 21:38
Susan - go for the autumn marathon, get road marathons out of your system then focus on enjoyable trail runs for your long events. Less damage, more fun, better scenery etc.

Just my twopennorth, but it worked for me back in the nineties!

(Starting to wonder if I can justify training for a half this autumn...)
19 May 2015, 22:00
Franglaise wrote: Good luck for your HM @ADFnFuel. What sort of long run are you doing at the moment? My coach is rather too obsessed by intervals and speedwork so even my long run includes accelerations.

To get ready for recent 5Ks, I'd focused mostly on increasing time-running at higher pace up to 4 miles. Sprinting races have never been my forte.

For the half, I typically peak with one or two runs at 10 miles (16K) within the week prior to the event, followed by a 3-4 day taper.

Best of luck on your half of the upcoming full!
20 May 2015, 06:28
@Frangliase it's not until 13th Sept. So have the whole summer (I work in a school) to train intensively. But this Saturday I have my first park run. Been doing 2-3 miles three times a week on my tready, but running outside with mates is much better. Will no doubt be back with my first report on Saturday.
20 May 2015, 18:50
CreakyPete wrote: Susan - go for the autumn marathon, get road marathons out of your system then focus on enjoyable trail r

Yes Pete, I think you could be right! Marathons still seem to be the ultimate challenge though, even now all the ultra marathongs and long trails are more common. If not in the Autumn maybe a final (international one, Barcelona??) next Spring.
There is a very nice 177km trail around the Gulf of Morbihan in S Brittany at the end of June that looks tempting for next year... :bugeyes:
20 May 2015, 19:54
That would be a long day!..
22 May 2015, 15:00
https://core.bounts.it/pg/socialaypps/settings

Anyone use bounts?
For those who don't know It's an app which syncs with activity trackers to give to vouchers to spend in shops. Worth a look and even though I've only just joined I have been given a referral code (oates642) so that my mates can be added. I do get points for anyone I refer. Fitbit, garmon, run keeper, map my walk, ride, run dog walk, park run, gyms, all included. So earn whilst you exercise.
22 May 2015, 17:34
@carieoates have fun at your first parkrun tomorrow :clover:
22 May 2015, 17:57
SianS wrote: @carieoates have fun at your first parkrun tomorrow :clover:

Thanks @SianS
I'm excited got my bar code in my iPhone holder (laminated) :cool: it's very popular so I'm hoping it's not silly busy. Meeting some friends so that'll help stop me stopping.........
22 May 2015, 20:07
Fast race Carieoates!

Remember it's lift foot, put foot down, lift other foot, put foot down, move walker forward. Repeat.

:grin:
Previous 1 ... 80, 81, 82, 83, 84, 85, 86 ... 98 Next
1466 posts Page 83 of 98