The FastDay Forum

Getting Sweaty! Exercise & Fitness

1467 posts Page 13 of 98
Previous 1 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16 ... 98 Next
Re: Are there any runners here?
28 Apr 2013, 10:19
Well done all yesterday's parkrunners - so many PBs and best-performance-for-yonks must be taken as proof positive that 5:2 fasting works for more than just weight loss. My hips certainly still hurt after a run but I am having nothing like the problems that beset me around Xmas time. Biking is helping, although getting on/off the bike is hard!
28 Apr 2013, 10:49
Excellent result Mark, well done! Knocking off 29 seconds when you're at that speed is massive.
28 Apr 2013, 13:04
Wow, sounds like everyone's doing well this weekend. I've been having frustrating tech problems with the podcast or something. I got fairly close to the end but just as I was on the last 5 minute running stint my phone started skipping and going to different tracks, I thought I'd try to keep going but I do find the music and the motivational 'you're doing really well' pep talks an essential part of the whole experience. Though, I haven't tried without yet. I tried again this morning, this time got to about half way through before it started skipping. I managed to do a bit more on my own but it just put me off what I was doing.
I'm thinking if I can diagnose and sort the problem I'll go out again later, or just go out with a stop watch... I think I might have to repeat week 4 due to technical errors.
But I've just listened through the podcast without moving, so I think there might be an issue with movement and my phone. I'll dig out an older mp3 player and try that.
28 Apr 2013, 15:41
http://dancingatlunacy.wordpress.com/20 ... n-8-to-go/
I'm keeping a blog on my training progress. I've been having technology fails this week too.
28 Apr 2013, 19:59
Nice blog. I'm interested in the mind games. Has anyone else got tricks to keep themselves going without music?

I went out again, decided not to use the sports tracker thing and just play the podcast. It sort of worked and it did skip but I mangaged to get it back to where I was but technology is definitely problematic. But I'm cautiously pleased with what I did today. Essentially I did the podcast one a half times and I don't feel particulalry tired now. I think I'm going to do that session once more before I move on to week 5.
30 Apr 2013, 06:07
I've had techie problems with my phone too, I use Runtastic to track my run, and a music app called PowerAmp. Twice now Runtastic hasn't found the GPS signal till part way in, and the first track on the music playlist skips on some days.
I know it seems a bit pathetic but I find it distracting and often the first part of my run is the slowest due to fiddling about with the tech.
But then I can't run without the music and I love being able to go home and review my run on the PC
30 Apr 2013, 16:15
just a little 30 mins on the treadmill at lunchtime today.

I use Nike+ on my phone...it has a pretty good gps and can also track your calories burned and stuff. :geek:
01 May 2013, 21:03
Techie problems now sorted! I now have a seperate mp3 player and I still use my phone to track what I do. I agree, both music and tracking are great motivators. I share mine with my dad, who is also getting into the podcasts. So we can see what each other have done and that also helps.
Went out first this this morning as I wasn't teaching till the afternoon. Perfect morning for it. Cool but sunny. What are your favourite times to run?
03 May 2013, 06:22
I'm not a morning person at all. I tend to run in the evening. It'll be too hot here before long, so I'll have to get the head lamp out and go at night.
04 May 2013, 06:49
What a GORGEOUS day for a run :cool: Good Luck parkrunners :clover:
04 May 2013, 10:36
First parkrun with short sleeves this year! Nasty crosswind for much of the course but felt really good so went for a fast time - and blew up again! In the end only 7 seconds slower than last week, 23:31, but I was 24 seconds up at 2 miles and hoped to get under 23 minutes. Never mind, there is always next week...
This was run 92, the 100 club tee-shirt is getting close!
04 May 2013, 12:54
I started with bare arms for the first time too, bracing to start with but good in the end.
I had a good run and went off quite fast (a relative term) smiling and thinking of Pete's "scalded cat" from a few weeks ago. I pushed myself but ended by walking up the hill to the finish. No official time yet but it could be 33mins something. Looking at the km times on Runtastic I have no idea what I did between km 2 and km 3, the time suggests I stopped off for a picnic! :plate:
04 May 2013, 13:24
Hiya all, just joined the forum today, and did parkrun in Milton Keynes this morning, before breakfast, and after a fast day - I was not too energetic to be honest!! PB parkrun is 26.01 so far, but can do 24-something on a good day, so looking forward to racing one soon for my new PB. Glad to see lots of other park-runners around, we have over 400 parkrun runners here at MK :-0!! x
04 May 2013, 13:33
I'm pleased I managed 33.18 today, I was much more comfortable so probably should have pushed a little harder. Still 30 seconds faster than last parkrun so time is headed in the right direction :0)
04 May 2013, 21:26
I did 29:22 today http://www.parkrun.org.uk/swindon/resul ... ber=291163 I was going ok and then got a stich which slowed me down a bit. There's always next week.
Previous 1 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16 ... 98 Next
1467 posts Page 13 of 98